Prediction: Fitzpatrick Looks Bad Against Baltimore

We wont be drafting a QB this year. First picks will be on DL, LB's and Drayton Florence's replacement. Fitz is doing a hell of a job.

if we draft a defensive back in the first three picks, I am going to laugh, cry, laugh, and cry the rest of the season.

We can cut florence and STILL not need a top pick DB.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I wouldn't mind calling him a franchise QB, but he isn't elite.

I loved what Fitz did today and I STILL wouldnt call him a franchise QB....but I would call him a dependable player and leader of the offense.....and if he can keep this going I would definately take a second look at where I rate him from being above average or good.

The bottom line is....he is making this offense work....if he becomes consistantly accurate then you WILL have a franchise QB.

if we draft a defensive back in the first three picks, I am going to laugh, cry, laugh, and cry the rest of the season.

We can cut florence and STILL not need a top pick DB.

Agreed please for the love of god no defensive backs

I loved what Fitz did today and I STILL wouldnt call him a franchise QB....but I would call him a dependable player and leader of the offense.....and if he can keep this going I would definately take a second look at where I rate him from being above average or good.

The bottom line is....he is making this offense work....if he becomes consistantly accurate then you WILL have a franchise QB.

The thing about fitz is, I have seen this guy have A LOT of good games and a lot of bad games. I remember being in college when he played for the rams and they sent him in due to injury and the big story on espn that week was how a harvard QB played well. He goes up and down like a rollercoaster. I want to see how he plays the rest of the season before I decide whether or not he is a franchise QB. For all I know, he could fit gailey's system really well and play consistant the rest of the season or he can go back to his roller coaster ways. It is all up in the air at this point.

But we all know he had a good game today against a great defense. That counts for a lot. But still a lot of football left.

PLEAAAAASEEEE. Fitz is not a long term answer for this franchise. He's nearly an effective stopgap, and if we do in fact get the number 1 overall pick, we're taking a QB. We're taking a QB. NOTHING wrong with taking a QB and having him sit for a year or 2

Given the offensive production since Fitz took over this year, why would you remain focused on replacing him. Even if you draft an "upgrade" at QB it's goiing to be merely incremental until you fix several of the team's other issues. The production gap between what we have and what we need is infinitely larger on the other side of the ball. :unsure:

Spending a high number one with the intent to let him sit for a couple of years???? And that fixes our decade of despair how??? :wallbash:

Given the offensive production since Fitz took over this year, why would you remain focused on replacing him. Even if you draft an "upgrade" at QB it's goiing to be merely incremental until you fix several of the team's other issues. The production gap between what we have and what we need is infinitely larger on the other side of the ball. :unsure:

Spending a high number one with the intent to let him sit for a couple of years???? And that fixes our decade of despair how??? :wallbash:

its gotta be cuz it would be something different. i by no means have made up my mind either way, there is a half of a season and some still to play. After week 16 thats when you have looked at everyone on the team for 16 games, decided who to keep/cut and draft and sign FA from there.

You honestly think that Fitz is THIS good of a QB? Or do you think it's because Chan is just a great mentor to QB's? Do you think that Fitz has been a hidden gem for the last couple years? I don't think so. This has been due to Chan's knowledge of the position and if he can take an AVERAGE QB and make him look decent. Then I can't imagine what he'd do with a potential franchise QB like Luck.

We're most likely earning the number 1 draft pick this year. If not at least the 2 or 3. Spending a high number one with the intent to sit him for a couple years? That's how you develop a franchise QB junior. You ease him into the NFL. And if you take a QB like Luck and develop him slow with a mentor like Chan, then you're most likely going to end up with a franchise QB. Fitz is still a good stopgap QB but he's not a long time answer. Even if you have 2 good QBs on your roster, whats wrong with that?

Lets say we earn the number 1 overall pick. What player do you suggest we take???

PLEAAAAASEEEE. Fitz is not a long term answer for this franchise. He's nearly an effective stopgap, and if we do in fact get the number 1 overall pick, we're taking a QB.

Open your eyes. Keep the guys who are playing well and replace the guys who aren't. It's not rocket science. Drafting a QB in the first round when you already have one who is playing well is like taking a RB when you already have two solid starters. How about drafting someone at the myriad of positions where the Bills are obviously weak like OT, OLB, DE.

Open your eyes. Keep the guys who are playing well and replace the guys who aren't. It's not rocket science. Drafting a QB in the first round when you already have one who is playing well is like taking a RB when you already have two solid starters. How about drafting someone at the myriad of positions where the Bills are obviously weak like OT, OLB, DE.

OK...let's REACH and take an OT, OLB, and DE who isn't worth that draft position. Great draft strategy. This isn't just the first round. This is a possible shot at a FRANCHISE QB. Fitz is NOT a franchise QB. So why not draft a QB that could lead our team for the next 10 years possibly? No its NOT like taking a RB when you already have 2 solid starters. THATS JUST DUMB. RB's are a dime a dozen and can be found in rounds 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. Great RB's can be found on the streets. It's A LOT harder to find a franchise QB than it is a RB so sorry. That argument is just assinine.

Edited by DreReed83

You honestly think that Fitz is THIS good of a QB? Or do you think it's because Chan is just a great mentor to QB's? Do you think that Fitz has been a hidden gem for the last couple years? I don't think so. This has been due to Chan's knowledge of the position and if he can take an AVERAGE QB and make him look decent. Then I can't imagine what he'd do with a potential franchise QB like Luck.

We're most likely earning the number 1 draft pick this year. If not at least the 2 or 3. Spending a high number one with the intent to sit him for a couple years? That's how you develop a franchise QB junior. You ease him into the NFL. And if you take a QB like Luck and develop him slow with a mentor like Chan, then you're most likely going to end up with a franchise QB. Fitz is still a good stopgap QB but he's not a long time answer. Even if you have 2 good QBs on your roster, whats wrong with that?

Lets say we earn the number 1 overall pick. What player do you suggest we take???

The best available front seven defensive player, regardless of position... unless you see a HOF caliber OT on the board, then you take him.

And what college football LT, OLB and DE is worth a top 2 or 3 spot right now? I'd LOVE to hear this.

The best available front seven defensive player, regardless of position... unless you see a HOF caliber OT on the board, then you take him.

So let's say that the best avaiable LB, or D-linemen is number 10 on the Bills board. You take him ahead of a QB? Makes sense.

And what college football LT, OLB and DE is worth a top 2 or 3 spot right now? I'd LOVE to hear this.

So let's say that the best avaiable LB, or D-linemen is number 10 on the Bills board. You take him ahead of a QB? Makes sense.

Marcell Dareus,Adrian Clayborn,Akeem Ayers,Robert Quinn

Marcell Dareus,Adrian Clayborn,Akeem Ayers,Robert Quinn

Sorry not worth the number 1 draft pick. You're gonna pay THAT much money for a d-linemen? They better be the best d-linemen in NFL history. I don't see those guys making the kind of impact that Mario Williams made. I'd consider outside the top 3 or 5 but not at the number 1 or 2.

Is it really that hard to think logically? Do you think that Fitz will be the face of this franchise and bring us to the Super Bowl? NO. Sure he's playing well now, but try thinking 2 or 3 years down the line. How many opportunities do we have to take a QB with the number 1 overall pick? Do we EVER get this kind of opportunity to take a franchise QB? NO. So why not take it?

This week everyone can get a much clearer look at the true Ryan Fitzpatrick, and why he will always be a backup. Jacksonville is terrible, and having a good game against the worst secondary in the league doesn't prove much of anything. A solid Baltimore defense is going to put him on lockdown, and his QB rating will fall.

fitz looked great today you are total jackass my friend!

OK...let's REACH and take an OT, OLB, and DE who isn't worth that draft position. Great draft strategy. This isn't just the first round. This is a possible shot at a FRANCHISE QB. Fitz is NOT a franchise QB. So why not draft a QB that could lead our team for the next 10 years possibly? No its NOT like taking a RB when you already have 2 solid starters. THATS JUST DUMB. RB's are a dime a dozen and can be found in rounds 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. Great RB's can be found on the streets. It's A LOT harder to find a franchise QB than it is a RB so sorry. That argument is just assinine.

Here's Draftek's big board: http://drafttek.com/2011players.asp

There's only one QB in the top 10 and he's probably not coming out. The top rated player is a DE, and there is a DT, OT and OLB in the top 10 so yeah I think that you can find someone to draft.

What makes any of the "draft a QB at all costs" fans think that a QB will be the best available player available? It's ridiculous to say that taking a QB will be the best thing to do with the #1 pick at this point in the season.

1) you don't even know who will be available for the draft (e.g. Luck)

2) the college season isn't even over yet and players haven't gone through the combine (when draft positions always move around)

3) the current starter is probably the Bills best player on offense

4) you don't know if there is a player at another position that will grade out higher than a QB (se point #2 above).

If you can reasonably respond to these items, I'm listening.

Here's Draftek's big board: http://drafttek.com/2011players.asp

There's only one QB in the top 10 and he's probably not coming out. The top rated player is a DE, and there is a DT, OT and OLB in the top 10 so yeah I think that you can find someone to draft.

What makes any of the "draft a QB at all costs" fans think that a QB will be the best available player available? It's ridiculous to say that taking a QB will be the best thing to do with the #1 pick at this point in the season.

1) you don't even know who will be available for the draft (e.g. Luck)

2) the college season isn't even over yet and players haven't gone through the combine (when draft positions always move around)

3) the current starter is probably the Bills best player on offense

4) you don't know if there is a player at another position that will grade out higher than a QB (se point #2 above).

If you can reasonably respond to these items, I'm listening.

If for some reason Mallett dies on the field, Luck doesnt come out and Locker quits football, then I'd say we take someone else like a d-linemen. Im not saying draft a QB at "all costs" but there will be a QB worth the money. Why's it ridiculous to say that taking a QB will be the best thing?

1. Do you want to see my big board? I could care less what drafttek's big board is cuz I guarantee they're not 100% accurate.

2. I could say the same about all the defensive players you named.

3. The CURRENT starter is probably the best player on our offense. You're right. But I still don't see him being a long term answer. It takes a while to develop a QB in this league. AWHILE. So why not take a QB and have him sit and bring him along slowly while we already have a great QB coach in Gailey? What's so wrong with that? 2 years later, Fitz leaves, and we have a QB ready to take over and we won't miss a beat on offense. Kinda like the way the Chargers and Packers brought in Rivers and Rodgers. It's mindblowing that that you can't grab that concept. Mindblowing.

If you think that Fitz will bring this team to the Super Bowl within the next 2 or 3 years then I say you're right. Lets go another route with the number 1 pick. But that obviously isnt happening.

I almost want this thread pinned so Napolian can see this when he returns :lol:

but I wouldn't be surprised if he never shows up again. A lot of these types seem to sign up for a month and make a lot of noise, but disappear then disappear once they realize they have nothing to say.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I don't care why Fitz's production is where it is. It could be raw talent, or brains, or hard work, or good team play, or great coaching, or just dumb luck. The point is the offense is being RELATIVELY succeessful and Fitzpatrick is playing RELATIVELY great football.

I'd rather see the team win than see what Gailey can do with a young phenom while the team continues to lose. It takes more than a Franchise QB to win and it gets proven time and again in the NFL - great teams win, not great players.

There are so many HUGE needs for this team - especially on the defense - that to be focusing on drafting LUCK at this point is, . . . (What's the word?) . . . assinine.

Playoff contenders have the luxury of grooming young talent. QBs drafted in the top 5 are rarely, if ever, given 2-3 years to watch and learn.

I have no idea which player I'd draft in April, but I know which positions I'm spending most of my present time scouting, and it's not QB.

Edited by Sabre Bill

This week everyone can get a much clearer look at the true Ryan Fitzpatrick, and why he will always be a backup. Jacksonville is terrible, and having a good game against the worst secondary in the league doesn't prove much of anything. A solid Baltimore defense is going to put him on lockdown, and his QB rating will fall.

Ever thought about moving to Vegas? Nice call dip****!

If for some reason Mallett dies on the field, Luck doesnt come out and Locker quits football, then I'd say we take someone else like a d-linemen. Im not saying draft a QB at "all costs" but there will be a QB worth the money. Why's it ridiculous to say that taking a QB will be the best thing?

1. Do you want to see my big board? I could care less what drafttek's big board is cuz I guarantee they're not 100% accurate.

2. I could say the same about all the defensive players you named.

3. The CURRENT starter is probably the best player on our offense. You're right. But I still don't see him being a long term answer. It takes a while to develop a QB in this league. AWHILE. So why not take a QB and have him sit and bring him along slowly while we already have a great QB coach in Gailey? What's so wrong with that? 2 years later, Fitz leaves, and we have a QB ready to take over and we won't miss a beat on offense. Kinda like the way the Chargers and Packers brought in Rivers and Rodgers. It's mindblowing that that you can't grab that concept. Mindblowing.

If you think that Fitz will bring this team to the Super Bowl within the next 2 or 3 years then I say you're right. Lets go another route with the number 1 pick. But that obviously isnt happening.

Look, all I'm saying is that with a top 3 pick, the Bills need to take the best player available (unless it's a DB or RB) and that at this point it looks like it may not be a QB. If you disagree with that and think that they should take a QB regardless of ability, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by vincec