QB In The 1st Is IS Worth It ??

T master

Peyton and Eli Manning both SB winning QB's were drafted 1st overall. Throw in big Ben who won 2 Superbowl's was drafted 10th overall. Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Carson Palmer, Michael Vick and Donavan McNabb (Who took the Eagles to 5 NFC championship games plus a SB apperance) are all 1st round QB's.

Throw in Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez who look to be promising QB's and both Vince Young, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, and Matt Stafford who all could develop into pretty good QB's (Jury still out on all 6 but its likely at least 3 or 4 will be good QB's one day).

So yeah if there is a guy worth taking 1st overall take him.

Congrats probably the most blatant instance of cherry picking evidence i have ever witnessed. We are all a little dumber now for reading your post.

Throw your computer out a 3rd story window.

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Especially with distasteful artistic appeal and apparent over active ego gland

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Especially with distasteful artistic appeal and apparent over active ego gland

I don't even know where to begin with this - it's almost incomprehensible.

"artistic appeal"? Was your OP supposed to be taken as an exercise in absurdity? Were we supposed to take it as farce?

I wasn't even aware i had an ego "gland". Is it located in the head? The foot? I must know.

A first round QB sells tickets.

And when their names are Kelly, Marino, Elway, Manning, Manning II, Rivers, Big Ben, etc...They win a LOT of games, even some Super Bowls, and go the Hall Of Fame...

It's all relative...You have to pick the right guy and sometimes that's not so easy...But it's not impossible either... B-)

I don't think this is a silly post at all. We had another discussion about the same topic last week. IMHO, if a the top D lineman that is available with the #1 people feel will be one of the very best for 10 + years, take the D Lineman and grab the QB late in Round 1 or with the 1st pick in round two. Buffalo is one of four teams that needs to draft a QB. others - Oakland, Jacksonville, maybe Arizona, maybe Cleveland. My gutt tells me that a stud QB, maybe not one of the top projected three, will fall to pick 33.

We'll have to look at the very best player in a position of critical need. Quarterback is pretty close to a position of critical need, although some might argue Fitzy is adequate and we should address other needs. I think that we should look for a "franchise" player a la Bruce Smith, Orlando Pace, John Elway, Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor...assuming one is available. I can think of four positions of need where we can choose from for that player...quarterback, Offensive tackle, defensive nose tackle, and possibly linebacker. IF (big if) there is a "franchise" player in any of these positions, I'd say go for him. The second round should give us a chance to fill another of those holes.

Interesting that you say this. An expert that I know compares Mallett to Leaf in terms of pure talent. I did not know that Leaf was that talented. What I can tell you is that I saw Mallet (on youtube) throw a 50 yard post pattern without moving his feet. Yeah....I am talking flat footed and it was a rope. I never saw anyone do this. Perhaps Favre could; I don't know.

Mallett isn't complete like Elway or Bert Jones (don't know if you ever saw him). He isn't very mobile. Picture Big Ben with a much better arm than Dan Marino. My years watching football tell me that a team absolutely has to grab him early, and I mean very early. He can bust out, but again, he has circus like talent.

At this point the Bills have little to lose, and imo it really is time to take a chance with someone with this much potential. I picture Fitz as his mentor, and see unlimited possibilities.

Again, we shall see.

I really like Andrew Luck, personally. That kid has an NFL pedigree (his dad was an NFL QB), is athletic, has an excellent arm, is highly intelligent, driven, has the right attitude, and seems to be a leader and winner (unlike our last Stanford QB). He's only a sophomore and my guess is he'll stay in school.

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/show_story.php?id=18619

(Yes, I remember Bert Jones -- he was one hell of a QB stuck on some horrible teams.)

Big Tex has a freakish arm. He seems to have a sort of arrogance about him, which along with the arm is reminiscent of Leaf. I don't know if Mallett is the pampered, immature punk (read: jackass) that Leaf was. Leaf failed in the NFL because he didn't have anything other than his arm, so when things started turning to **** for him, his true character came out in temper tantrums. He had spent all of his time partying and playing bimbo bop, and never learned all the other aspects of the game to be successful against the best of the best.

1st Rounders !! :oops:

<INSERT A BUNCH OF MINDLESS, IGNORANT BLATHER>

Your post lost all credibility when the first thing you cited as a reason not to draft a quarterback #1 is all of the money that you're going to have to pay him.

You do realize that you are going to pay the #1 pick in the draft almost exactly the same amount of money, regardless of their position, right?

Have you ever seen the NFL Draft and rookie contracts?

Not even sure why I felt compelled to rebut this obvious ignorance, but so it goes.

Draft a quarterback #1 overall if a franchise QB is available and you want to rebuild for a championship instead of rebuild to 7-9 "through the trenches".