Are we really going to let Poz become a free agent?

Got_Wood

If there's anybody on this team I think we need to lock up and keep around, it's this guy. I'd take away Kelsay's contract and give it to him in a second. The bottom line is, we don't need another hole to fill in the offseason. Poz and Davis are the only starter-worthy linebackers we have on the team. I hope they're working on something right now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the Bills MO. They'll overpay Kelsay, low-ball Puz and let him leave and become a Pro Bowler with a team like Pittsburgh or Balt. IF they don't resign him I'll be really angry. BTW, didn't know he was a FA at the end of the year.

Roto has him at 4yrs 4.75 Million... I can not imagine they let him walk, I would need someone to really explain why this be a good decesion?

If there's anybody on this team I think we need to lock up and keep around, it's this guy. I'd take away Kelsay's contract and give it to him in a second. The bottom line is, we don't need another hole to fill in the offseason. Poz and Davis are the only starter-worthy linebackers we have on the team. I hope they're working on something right now.

The Bills can get rid of every LB on the team. They don't have one good one among the whole team . Poz is not worth keeping around!!!! LB is the weakest part of the defense and it shows week in and week out. Poz can't cover anyone, he can't shed blocks, and if he does make a tackle it is 10 to 15 yards down the field.

The Bills can get rid of every LB on the team. They don't have one good one among the whole team . Poz is not worth keeping around!!!! LB is the weakest part of the defense and it shows week in and week out. Poz can't cover anyone, he can't shed blocks, and if he does make a tackle it is 10 to 15 yards down the field.

This wouldn't make sense to me. We don't want to replace 4 linebackers next season. We need to keep Poz and Davis around. They're the only productive guys we have. We can bring in a pass rusher (maybe two), but we need to fill MANY other needs (OT, QB, WR, TE). This should be a no brainer, and we should be able to get him for a reasonable price considering how much time he's missed.

This "Poz only makes tackles 10 yards downfield" bull **** is ridiculous. Number one, he plays behind the line so that's where most of his tackles are normally going to happen. Number two, our d-line is among the worst in the league and Poz is the only one on our team that cleans up their mess. He is always around the ball and is in the worst possible situation he could be in here in Buffalo.

I had high hopes for Poz.. but he is constantly hurt and can't seem to make a tackle at or behind the line of scrimmage to save his life. Oh wait.. he did get one sack.. The guy is constantly blow off the line and making tackles down the field.. Has he ever run anyone down from behind? Sigh..

I don't agree. Poz has a high motor and he makes a lot of tackles, but rarely are they within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. He over-persues constantly, taking bad angles and he certainly does not seem to help out in pass coverage very much. If the tight ends are his responsiblilty in certain "packages", he sucks as much as anyone else who is supposed to cover tight ends for the Bills defense. In fact, nobody covers tight ends for the Bills defense....period.

Add in the fact he is a tad injury prone, and I don't see getting all excited about "locking him up." While I agree with everyone that Chris Kelsay getting his contract extended for so much money is mind bogingly stupid on Nix's part, I do not agree that Poz deserves some of those wasted millions. Let's face it, there seems to be rookie linebackers like Cushing and Matthews coming out every year that make Poz look as average as his is. If he gets a great free agent contract somewhere else, it won't be that hard to replace him.

This "Poz only makes tackles 10 yards downfield" bull **** is ridiculous. Number one, he plays behind the line so that's where most of his tackles are normally going to happen. Number two, our d-line is among the worst in the league and Poz is the only one on our team that cleans up their mess. He is always around the ball and is in the worst possible situation he could be in here in Buffalo.

Edwards, Williams and Stroud are the worst in the league?

Agreed....put him behind a defensive line like Baltimore, Minnesota, or Chicago and he's a pro-bowler.

Come on. At some point, we have to stop defending one position for compensating for another position with this talent-less football team. Do you really think Clay Matthews would not have an impact at outside linebacker if the Bills would have drafted him this past spring??? Or do you really think that Brian Cushing would get blown off the line or over-persue as much as Poz does if the Bills would have drafted him? Poz is over-rated. Sure he runs his butt off out there, but he does not have the strength to hold up inside, and he is not an impact linebacker. For all you or I know, Kyle Williams suffers for having Poz play behind him! Nobody is without fault when they play for a defense giving up over 200 yards rushing a game. :doh::bag:

Agreed....put him behind a defensive line like Baltimore, Minnesota, or Chicago and he's a pro-bowler.

Or....put Kyle Williams in front of the linebackers they have in Pittsburgh or Baltimore, and he's a pro-bowler.

In reality, niether guy is pro bowl caliber, and that's why they combine with the other 9 stiffs starting that allow over 200 yards rushing per game.

our D-line starters are average...led by Williams (pro bowl alt) with Stroud and Edwards.

our D-line Depth is the WORST in the league

our Inside LB starters are above average with Andra Davis & Poz

our Inside LB depth is the worst in the league.

our Outside LB starters are the WORST in the league.

our Outside LB depth is the worst in the league.

Seriously? I would have cut or traded him already. He is another bad pick by Modrak and Levy