Merriman to be released once healthy

Bob Goulet

Even in his injured non steriod state, he would be an unquestioned starter for the Bills. Reggie Torbor? Kelsay? We just cut Ellis, Batten and now Moats are injured - do we even have backups?

We should put in a claim for Merrimam, I assume he hits waivers, or try to sign himn if he doesnt

The guy's numbers have declined every year: complete stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/shawnemerriman/profile?id=MER568200

Season Team G Sck

2010 San Diego 3 , 0

2009 San Diego 14 , 4

2008 San Diego 1 , 0

2007 San Diego 15 , 12.5

2006 San Diego 12 , 17

2005 San Diego 15, 10

While he would be an immediate upgrade over any of the current personnel, his long-term upside is greatly in question. If we are truly in a rebuilding mode, I would much rather prefer a younger version who can be productive with the Bills for years to come.

PASSSS

Merriman's injuries and off the field troubles have hurt his play in recent years. Maybe he's just another guy tyhat needs a fresh start. I think it would be worth the risk to give him a 3 year deal just as we did Florence. Atleast we would then have a PROVEN pass rusher on the outside that would command attention.

Who knows, maybe be worth a trial run for the end of the season. He's out what,. maybe 4-6 weeks? Claim him on waivers (if we can), and let him play out the string here. He'll be an upgrade over anything we've currently got on the field.

Buddy's seen the guy in action before tho, so i'll defer to him on the final decision.