If I was Andrew Luck

There is no way I enter the draft with any posibility of a NFL player strike.

I would be out of football for one full year, maybe 2.No money and too much uncertainy.

I have great teamamtes at Stanford and I don't sit at home while my senior classmates play.

Sorry, its the same deal for any Junior QB in this years draft.

The Pros can wait!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be out of football for one full year, maybe 2.No money and too much uncertainy.

I have great teamamtes at Stanford and I don't sit at home while my senior classmates play.

The Pros can wait!!

If they know for sure the NFL will still be on strike, it's a no brainer. The question becomes, can the player change their decision to declare for the draft, if the NFL is still on strike at the time of the draft? I would think there may be some kind of waiver under the circumstances, but that's just a guess...

The Pros can wait!!

I thought you were going to finish that with, "... and the Bill shave the first overall pick, I'm back in the draft."

I agree completely that if there isn't going to be football in 2011, most college players will stay in school if they can. The only caveat to that would be if there were to be a normal as years past draft in 2011 - the last possible one before a potential rookie cap - which could get the more talented players to come out early in hopes that they get the last big rookie contracts. I really just hope that he comes out this year so we can take him.

By the way, thanks for coming back to the board.

If they know for sure the NFL will still be on strike, it's a no brainer. The question becomes, can the player change their decision to declare for the draft, if the NFL is still on strike at the time of the draft? I would think there may be some kind of waiver under the circumstances, but that's just a guess...

If there is a draft, Luck declares AND he is drafted, no team will risk injury to their #1 pick.

League and union rules will prevent you from practicing with your drafting team as well....

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

Sorry guys, I am in the airport, too many typos, I did go to college! :angry:

There is no way I enter the draft with any possibility of a NFL player strike.

I would be out of football for one full year, maybe 2.No money and too much uncertainty.

I have great teammates at Stanford and I don't sit at home while my senior classmates play.

The Pros can wait!!

Bull. You wouldl take the money and run. As for as the draft, this will all be decided by March 1st I believe a full 6 weeks or so before the draft. I have a feeling the Owners will make a final take it or leave it offer and either the players strike (which means we will draft and they willl play with scrubs because the games WILL go on) OR the players will wise up and take the deal.

The Pros can wait!!

Good points, I think you're right. Coach Harbaugh will tell him the same thing. Sucks for us though. I think he's the absolute cream of the crop and the Bills appear to be going QB early in the next draft. I'm not sold on anyone else at QB yet.

Good point. Most players given the choice to stay and play football while the dust clears on the NFL in a lockout would probably play and engage in wait and see.

Not that we are snake-bitten, but we could have the number one overall pick in the weakest draft year of all time.

Good point. Most players given the choice to stay and play football while the dust clears on the NFL in a lockout would probably play and engage in wait and see.

Not that we are snake-bitten, but we could have the number one overall pick in the weakest draft year of all time.

If there is NO NFL season next year, College football will be huge. BIG AUDIENCE, The national media will hype the year and the players.

Your Player agent would weigh the risks and most likely ask you to play.

The Pros can wait!!

The smart money right now for Andrew Luck is not found in a decision that the pros can wait but in understanding that reality must wait. It would be flat out stupid to make a decision right now when he does not have to. I know that in today's impatient culture we all want and demand a decision right now. However, there is nothing Luck can do to determine whether there is going to be a strike or not.

It is not predictable right now whether there will be a lockout or not (my bet is that there will not be because the NFL tends to go where the money is and there is more money to be made playing than not playing. Perhaps ego and hubris might win the day and a lockout happens, but to do this would mean a decision by the team owners not only to walk away from billions of dollars to be bad under the current deal, but also would place future money at substantial risk by pursuing a strategy which in the mid-80s kicked the NFLPA tail in the short term but quickly led to the current CBA Ralph and others hate so much). It is not predictable but my guess is that the owners go where the $ are and make a deal which allows play.

Still Luck would be simply dumb to make any decision now when he does not have to.

If there is NO NFL season next year, College football will be huge. BIG AUDIENCE, The national media will hype the year and the players.

Your Player agent would weigh the risks and most likely ask you to play.

It seems like Luck has his head on straight. He doesn't seem like someone that thinks life is measured by a bank account.

THe best thing for the Bills would be to draft Luck. Have a strike that prevents the NFL from playing for 1-2 years and the kid can go to the CFL or some other leage for a few years.

That way he can learn how to play profesional football before the Bills can screw him up.

Given the Bills' history developing QBs, this is the best method. If only there was a USFL.

Good to see you posting again, 2 days in a row too. :thumbsup: I disagreed somewhat with the other one (at least until a little later in the season) but this one I agree with. I have a question tho, isn't the draft after the lock out decision will be made? If he knows what is happening with it it would be a no-brainer to stay in school, if they strike. He also has said in the past he won't come out, I read on here somewhere b4 (so take it FWIW).

I do have a question for you, if you don't mind: what was it like being on the 68-72 teams with all the losing so far as you and your teammates psyches? Is winning going to be harder if the record goes to 2-14 or something similar or will it make easier to step up when things get better?

Let's say Luck projects as a top three pick.

The league strikes.

he goes back to college.Plays for a team who's biggest shot would be the Rose Bowl. No shot at the national championship. Breaks his leg. He has just cost himself 50 million dollars. That is a lot of money. I don't care who you are.

Something to think about.

Good to see you posting again, 2 days in a row too. :thumbsup: I disagreed somewhat with the other one (at least until a little later in the season) but this one I agree with. I have a question tho, isn't the draft after the lock out decision will be made? If he knows what is happening with it it would be a no-brainer to stay in school, if they strike. He also has said in the past he won't come out, I read on here somewhere b4 (so take it FWIW).

I do have a question for you, if you don't mind: what was it like being on the 68-72 teams with all the losing so far as you and your teammates psyches? Is winning going to be harder if the record goes to 2-14 or something similar or will it make easier to step up when things get better?

During the dreadful years you learn to play for yourself, YOUR JOB and you hope for small accomplishments, a 100 yard rushing day, a close game against a powerful team.

As time passes you get angry and you bond with the other players and you fix the small problems and move on. Anger is the key........its when everything changes.