Name One good player move Nix / Gailey have made?

BuffaloinLA

We all know what it looks like........ the last 10 years. :wallbash:

Nope. We DIDN'T rebuild. Over and over we tried to use the soggy, mediocre core of the team from each year and add a few guys and become excellent. It didn't work, unsurprisingly.

We tried to rebuild once, when we brought in Donahoe, but he spent too many picks on the glamour positions, not enough on the lines, and did a lousy job of selecting coaches. Too bad. It's true that some rebuilds don't work out, but you don't know till three or four years down the road. The last ten years we've decided to rebuild twice, once with Donahoe and once now with Nix.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from cutting Trent, can anyone name ONE positive move that the Bills Front Office has made in the past year?

I don't consider drafting Spiller a good move because

a) we did not need a RB

b) he has not contributed much this year

c) even if he was best player available, we could have traded down and drafted a LB and OT.

There really is no answer to this question. You have already made up your mind and will argue with whatever anyone suggests might have been a good move, so what's the point? We get it. You don't like Nix or Gailey. Why not just say "I don't like Nix and Gailey."? Personally, I believe it is too early to properly evaluate this regime. Not sure how long they will last, but I think this first year I will give them a pass. Talk to me about the middle of next year and I will have seen enough to say if I agree with the direction they are headed. The biggest problem with this team as I see it is the defense. I'm not sure what could have been done to improve this unit this offseason, but to me, this is the biggest area of need. Scoring 30, 26, and 20 points the past three weeks is enough to win if you have a decent defense. We don't. The defense can't stop anyone and that is why this team is 0-5. I believe that re-building this defense will take more than this year and reading more into it than that is a waste of time and energy.

Compare the production the Chiefs have gotten from their draft picks to the production, or more correctly, the lack thereof, of the Bills' draft picks. If you are an early round pick (1-3) and you're not making at least a decent contribution on the field in your rookie year (in the absence of injury), the chances are rather slim that you'll be a high quality NFL player. There are always exceptions, but overall that holds true. More than anything this years' draft point out how inept the front office is. Spiller may make a major contribution at some point in the future, but other than that, I don't see any of the the other picks amounting to much of anything.

Nope. We DIDN'T rebuild. Over and over we tried to use the soggy, mediocre core of the team from each year and add a few guys and become excellent. It didn't work, unsurprisingly.

We tried to rebuild once, when we brought in Donahoe, but he spent too many picks on the glamour positions, not enough on the lines, and did a lousy job of selecting coaches. Too bad. It's true that some rebuilds don't work out, but you don't know till three or four years down the road. The last ten years we've decided to rebuild twice, once with Donahoe and once now with Nix.

Well...it's great that Nix has not repeated those mistakes.

Right?

You mean like using 6 of our 9 picks on LB/OL/DL?

Yeah I wouldn't call those glamour positions. Do people on this board think that there was only one round in this draft???

By the impact that this years draft is having, you certainly could think that-and that is even stretching it. Pathetic draft class so far.

Link?

He was that guy on "Mod Squad"

By the impact that this years draft is having, you certainly could think that-and that is even stretching it. Pathetic draft class so far.

He was that guy on "Mod Squad"

Gee, it's almost like it takes players time to develop.

It takes more than 5 games to know how a draft turns out. I am willing to put money down that Troupe will be the anchor of this defense for some time. Carrington and Moats will continue to develop and start getting more play time and we will have filled 3 holes on our defense in this draft.

Aside from cutting Trent, can anyone name ONE positive move that the Bills Front Office has made in the past year?

I don't consider drafting Spiller a good move because

a) we did not need a RB

b) he has not contributed much this year

c) even if he was best player available, we could have traded down and drafted a LB and OT.

Please stop with the "coulda" traded down talk... you have no idea if they could or couldn't and i'm gonna go with couldn't