Bills Could Have Gotten More for Lynch>

BillsNYC

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy Nix is incompetent

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/10/bills-didnt-extensively-shop-lynch/

Bills didn't extensively shop Lynch

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2010 3:04 PM ET

Last week, before the Bills traded running back Marshawn Lynch, we suggested that they should hold an auction for his services and then trade him to the highest bidder.

When the Bills traded Lynch, we assumed that the Bills had tried to max out the market. Apparently, they didn't.

Per Jay Glazer of FOX, multiple teams said that they would have been interested in Lynch -- and would have given up more than the Seahawks gave up for Lynch -- if the Bills had called. But they didn't call.

Said Glazer, "I'll figure out women before I figure out the Bills."

We've got $5 on "neither".

Edited by icecold

I swear, Buddy Nix simply can't stop making me look like a dunce for EVER thinking he wasn't just a clown in Ralph's clown car. Once again, not only does the present stink for Bills fans, the future looks even more bleak. Armageddon come get me.

Considering the insular way the Bills brain trust operates, I don't find this hard to believe.

I believe it. Look at the signing of Kelsay. That opened the door for me to believe anything about this front office. Once again today Kelsay was running 10 yards behind the ball all day long.

I've got to admit that I'm losing faith in Nix. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt all along here, but as GM, he's got to be in contact with the 31 other teams trying to make something happen. If he's not doing that then he's not doing his job properly. I don't know if the report is true or not, but if it is, then this reflects very poorly on Nix.

I mean, this is not rocket science. If you are a good evaluator of talent, than you analyze the needs of the 31 other teams to see which teams could use a guy like Lynch. From that list, you shorten it a little more by including only the teams likely to make a serious playoff run (thus will be more motivated to give up a little more to get Lynch). But the lines of communication MUST be open with ALL teams.

Edited by ChasBB

This reeks of Green Bay damage control. I find it hard to believe that an NFL GM was so enamored with Marshawn Lynch, a player who's been on the trade block for the last 6 months, that he was willing to give up a 3rd round pick or better BUT ONLY if the Bills contact them first. I doubt it. This is the typical blind item BS that guys like Glazer, Schefter, and Mort peddle just to justify their paychecks.

I don't believe Florio, but I do believe Glazer. This is piss-poor management, if true. Being GM is a poker match and the Bills are acting as though they're just happy to be invited to the table.

So Glazer is more credible than Florio. Fair enough. But what kind of conspiracy theorist do you have to be to think that A> Florio makes stuff up to make the Bills look bad or B> The NFL contacts call Florio to make stuff up to make the Bills look bad?

This organization hired a guy who was getting pushed out as INSIDE LBs coach to run their defense. Isn't that really all you need to know about this organization?

This reeks of Green Bay damage control. I find it hard to believe that an NFL GM was so enamored with Marshawn Lynch, a player who's been on the trade block for the last 6 months, that he was willing to give up a 3rd round pick or better BUT ONLY if the Bills contact them first. I doubt it. This is the typical blind item BS that guys like Glazer, Schefter, and Mort peddle just to justify their paychecks.

You have no idea how bad I hope you're right. <puts razor down>

I doubt it too. Makes no sense at all.

I doubt it too. Makes no sense at all.

But why are we assuming the article meant Green Bay? It said "teams", not "team", and didn't even name Green Bay at all. Just sayin'. You guys are starting to seem like OBD PR people.

I wonder who leaked that to Glazer. I really hope it was Chan Gailey.

No, dipstick. It was people from other NFL teams. Their pro personnel departments put grades on players so that the GM knows what they'd be willing to trade should that player become available.

Basically, a bunch of random teams' pro personnel departments had 3rd round grades on lynch. But since genius Nix didn't broadcast to teams that Lynch was available, these teams were never given the chance to trade a 3rd rounder.

And just like every other football rumor, we will never actually know what the truth is. If they aren't going to say WHICH teams wanted to trade a 3rd for Lynch, what good is the rumor?

Face it, the guy who will do the most good proving this kind of rumor incorrect is Nix, when it comes time to make more deals and he makes them, and then those deals pan out, maybe a year, two years later....

You guys are just serving to give the rest of us ulcers for no reason.

Edited by TheChimp