(LAMP) Got a job as a blogger

Fezmid

Hey - just wanted to toot my own horn. :) I applied for a job as a writer for Engadget a few years ago -- and was on my way to getting it, until their parent company (AOL, I believe) had massive layoffs and cut the blogging budget.

A few days ago a friend of mine mentioned NeoWin.net and said I should apply. Apparently they get ~2 million hits/month. So I took a little time off from my term project (due Monday...) and filled out the application that consisted of a few writing samples. Well, they hired me on yesterday, and I have two posts on the site so far! One of the stories is about the FanVision device, and I even link back to one of Jack's posts here on TSW to give the board a little love. The second post is about an interview that Yahoo's CEO did with USA TODAY.

Check 'em out - and bookmark the site if you like what you see. :)

Fanvision:

http://www.neowin.ne...ure-at-the-game

Yahoo CEO:

http://www.neowin.ne...ir-creepy-rival

Direct link to all of my articles:

http://www.neowin.net/profile/christopher_white

Constructive criticism welcome -- but I"m not sure that TSW ever gives that out. ;)

Congrats Fezmid.

I'll have to check it out.

25 days until TSO !!!!

Thanks! it's a lot of fun so far, although it'll be better once I actually finish my class this semester and have more time to dedicate to it.

It's kinda weird to see how popular the Google car article is doing. At the top of the article, it shows you how many times people have tweeted or put the article on Facebook -- about 40 people have tweeted it and over 80 have put it on their FB page. Kinda neat, knowing that people liked the article and topic so much that they want to share it with their friends. :)

As for TSO - I haven't received my tickets yet, but my show isn't until December... Can't wait though! :)

Congrats Fez....

Been an iGoogle homepage user for some time (what's happened to the gadget offering?) and Engadget is a gadget added to my Tech page/tab. Enjoy it although I sure do wish for more information than the sound bites they have and currently still offer. Any chance of a bit more in depth reporting?

As for iGoogle, I clicked on add stuff tonight and there's a lot less there now than there was earlier this year when a "re-built" my iGoogle homepage. Did Google get into legal hassles by with their gadgets,

etc.?

Congrats Fez....

Been an iGoogle homepage user for some time (what's happened to the gadget offering?) and Engadget is a gadget added to my Tech page/tab. Enjoy it although I sure do wish for more information than the sound bites they have and currently still offer. Any chance of a bit more in depth reporting?

As for iGoogle, I clicked on add stuff tonight and there's a lot less there now than there was earlier this year when a "re-built" my iGoogle homepage. Did Google get into legal hassles by with their gadgets,

etc.?

I think you misread my post - I don't work for Engadget (almost did, then AOL had money problems and cut the funding so they couldn't hire me :( ). I work for Neowin.net. :)

Not sure about the iGoogle gadgets, I haven't heard anything but I've been a little preoccupied with school lately so I could've missed it...

BTW - my Google self-driving car article officially has 10,000 hits! :)