Been a while, My thoughts

VIPP

Hey Guys.

I haven't been active on this board for a while but trust that Ive been lurking around reading your opinions.

My take on the bills is that its looking REALLY possible that the 1st overall pick is in our very near future (duh! lol). This is a bad team, and i think it starts top down from the GM to the scouts to the players/personnel. Now before all you Nix fans and Gailey fans start cutting me up, hear me out. First, i am of the opinion that you don't trade lynch and you don't draft spiller in the first round PERIOD. Not when your a team that has a legit starter in Lynch and a very serviceable Freddy Jackson coming off a 1000+ yard season. If we could agree on any position that the bills were set on, RB would be the consensus. From what I've seen of the bills leading up to this season, we needed help in a LOT of areas, and trading the 9th pick in the draft to land more early round selections would have made sense IMO. Anyways, that said.. i strongly believe (and will continue to unless recent evidence comes to prove otherwise) that we were offered more than a 4th for Lynch this past draft. So this trade was a loss!

Secondly, the team drafted troup w/ our 2nd pick. One would expect that a 2nd round pick is definitely gonna be a starter for your squad, but i have barely seen the kid touch the field..this ALREADY tells me that Nix doesn't got a CLUE! Mike Mayock who i think is probably the most legit college analyst out there, had 3-4 other DT rated ahead of him and its clear to see he was right.

Moving on to another bonehead move by nix, he chose to get into a bidding contest with himself for the service of Chris Kelsay. A serviceable defensive player for the bills, who probably would not start on the majority of NFL teams in this league. Paying him 24million is ludacris for his production. I watched the jets game closely last week, dude does not belong on an NFL field playing LB. Honestly, how can I take him serious after this move.

Im going to give Gailey the benefit of the doubt. He really came out of left field when he was announced as the head coach. I was hoping the bills go for Marc Tresman of the Montreal Alouettes, he's been coaching them to championships year after year. But for now, Ill be patient with Gailey.

I really thought the organization was going in the right direction when we drafted Wood and Levitre, I was like FINALLY the team is going to address this horrible line. Losing peters has hurt, but completing ignoring this line in the draft will hurt us more (i woulda loved to see bruce campbell in a bills uni).

BTW it really erks me how we've had so many misses in the first few rounds of the draft. James Hardy, Roscoe Parrish, maybin etc

Anyways, a lot of what I am saying has already happened and been touched on. I just hope we get locker, and draft OT maybe pick up another WR early in the draft as well.

Edited by VIPP

Hey Guys.

I haven't been active on this board for a while but trust that Ive been lurking around reading your opinions.

My take on the bills is that its looking REALLY possible that the 1st overall pick is in our very near future (duh! lol). This is a bad team, and i think it starts top down from the GM to the scouts to the players/personnel. Now before all you Nix fans and Gailey fans start cutting me up, hear me out. First, i am of the opinion that you don't trade lynch and you don't draft spiller in the first round PERIOD. Not when your a team that has a legit starter in Lynch and a very serviceable Freddy Jackson coming off a 1000+ yard season. If we could agree on any position that the bills were set on, RB would be the consensus. From what I've seen of the bills leading up to this season, we needed help in a LOT of areas, and trading the 9th pick in the draft to land more early round selections would have made sense IMO. Anyways, that said.. i strongly believe (and will continue to unless recent evidence comes to prove otherwise) that we were offered more than a 4th for Lynch this past draft. So this trade was a loss!

Secondly, the team drafted troup w/ our 2nd pick. One would expect that a 2nd round pick is definitely gonna be a starter for your squad, but i have barely seen the kid touch the field..this ALREADY tells me that Nix doesn't got a CLUE! Mike Mayock who i think is probably the most legit college analyst out there, had 3-4 other DT rated ahead of him and its clear to see he was right.

Moving on to another bonehead move by nix, he chose to get into a bidding contest with himself for the service of Chris Kelsay. A serviceable defensive player for the bills, who probably would not start on the majority of NFL teams in this league. Paying him 24million is ludacris for his production. I watched the jets game closely last week, dude does not belong on an NFL field playing LB. Honestly, how can I take him serious after this move.

Im going to give Gailey the benefit of the doubt. He really came out of left field when he was announced as the head coach. I was hoping the bills go for Marc Tresman of the Montreal Alouettes, he's been coaching them to championships year after year. But for now, Ill be patient with Gailey.

I really thought the organization was going in the right direction when we drafted Wood and Levitre, I was like FINALLY the team is going to address this horrible line. Losing peters has hurt, but completing ignoring this line in the draft will hurt us more (i woulda loved to see bruce campbell in a bills uni).

BTW it really erks me how we've had so many misses in the first few rounds of the draft. James Hardy, Roscoe Parrish, maybin etc

Anyways, a lot of what I am saying has already happened and been touched on. I just hope we get locker, and draft OT maybe pick up another WR early in the draft as well.

You sound like a complete moron...

Name me one DT we should have gotten instead of Troup, who is playing at a high level right now...or even playing period?

Is Bruce Campbell even playing?

Putting Roscoe's name in there with Hardy and Maybin? Really?

Then you cap off your genius thread by saying...and I quote..."I just hope we get Locker!"

Wow dude...go get your head examined! Wanna just bring back JP Losman? :wallbash:

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinions.....

- The "Mgt" I think are actually doing quite well....when you take it into the context of what they are trying to do....This is a REBIULDING SEASON. You need only go back to after the draft and listen to Nix talk about how they had a lot of needs and so many draft picks....and how they will biuld this team through the draft. WE NEED MORE DRAFT PICKS. And you if you need something specific (like say a Quarterback?) and you are not drafting low enough to get a franchise player then its a little difficult to get THE players they need?

- The Spiller pick? Lets keep in mind that back when they were going to make that pick they didn't even know if Marshawn was going to report.....take that and compound it with him being one strike away from a year suspension....and sprinkle in the fact that Spiller is probably one of the most explosive offensive players in this draft and it really was not that hard to figure out.....WE ARE NOT BIULT TO WIN THIS YEAR SPILLER IS A PICK FOR THE FUTURE....

- The Troupe pick? We are NOT BIULT TO WIN THIS YEAR and WE ARE CHANGING DEFENSIVE SCHEMES.....and we are doing this without the proper players in place to make it an easy transition......Troupe is not starting because he is a rookie and we have a solid veteran in front of him.

If you are basing how good this front office is on this year.....you are going to be bitching all year. What you need to do is take it for what it is. The plan is not to win this year so we can either a. Take a QB number one over all or b. Move down a few spots...pick up a boatload of quality picks....and STILL get a QB. You can only do that if you have a blue chip selection in the first round and that is not pick 10-12....that puts us just out of range of getting that franchise player.

JMO

Hey Guys.

I would have probably jumped on to this bandwagon a week ago, but when Nix gave some explanations I think we can take a few points from this as I counter point to your argument in the following manner:

1. regarding drafting Spiller with Lynch and Jackson on the team, I think we can actually tie the Kelsay contract extention into the same answer: Lynch was one off the filed issue away from a one year suspension and Nix cited the reason for the Kelsay extention due to his character and leadership and said that Kelsay is a "good, not great player" recognizing that Kelsay is not an elite athelete but also recognized that you can't have an entire team made up of Rookies and you need veteran leadership in the locker room in order to make the transition successfully. So let's say that Lynch was given an opportunity to demonstrate that his talent outweighed his character questions, which it didn't and it hasn't since his rookie year and Kelsay was awarded for his work ethic and leadership, something the Defense will need in the years to come.

2. As for Troup, if you look at Nix's draft history with San Diego, he routinely drafted exceptional athletes from "small schools" and guys who flew somewhat under the radar. It is not unsual for Nix to look for guys who were not heralded as draft heroes to locate the men who fit into the type of team he wants. While Marv talked a lot about character, Nix seems to be bent on making sure that while they want to find good atheletes, not at the expense of the team as a whole. And while some on this board may not want to admit it, if you haven't noticed the Patsies in large part do the same. Yes they will take the occasional big name, but did anyone know who Vollmer was before he started for the Patriots? Welker was a one year wonder with the Dolphins before they traded for him, Brady was sixth round draft pick, and yes Mayo was a big name out of college, as was Wilfork, but more often than not, the Patriots simply drafted strong guys who would make the TEAM their priority, something we want to see in Buffalo.Not using Troup and Carrington may be more a consequence of what Nix said about how there are many players playing well on other teams RIGHT NOW and didn't want to see Buffalo prematurely let go of players that may very well play well FOR Buffalo. In other words, the evaluation could not be completed until the season started, its impossible to truly evaluate talent for yourself, until you see how that talent competes in real game situations. And, to that end, it could be that Gailey wanted to preserve his college rookies so that they can be fresh at the end of the season when that is when it will be crucial to know where the development of this team truly is.

3. As for offensive line, they did draft Wang, and I think that's with the RT position in mind. Bell, they could only see on tape, and not much of that either due to injury. So whey spend a high first round draft choice on a LT, which the best were taken by the time the Bills draft by the way, if you don't know what you have in the talent provided from the previous regime. It was ONLY April....again, by the looks of everything, this year was simply to evaluate what was and wasn't here. The plan was to be patient....it looks like that's the way they're going to do things.

As fans, we might be frustrated, but if this same approach had been taken three or four years ago, do you think we would be at least much further ahead than we are now? I personally have no doubt, that with a true football GM in place, drafts would have gone differently and therefore, this team may still be in a playoff drought due to Jauron's limp dick coaching, but at least the talent cupboard wouldn't be bare...just lacking the integral components. But....alas.....here we find ourselves ladies and gentleman, at the beginning....all over again.

Hey Guys.

bull