Where does the blackout area end?

Thoner7

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live on the east side of Rochester. Its about 70 miles to Buffalo. I have heard the blackout area for the NFL is 90 miles. So I would think it wouldn’t be too far for me to drive toward Cuse and catch the game. But at the same time I remember my Dad used to adjust our antenna during blackouts back in the 90s and pick up a snowy Cuse broadcast with a couple of coat hangers. The one year he stopped because they enlarged the blackout area to included Cuse… So im not sure where it ends exactly.

Anyone know where the blackout ends? Anyone from farther away KNOW??? If you do, whats the nearest bar to Route 90 that has the ticket :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I don't think the old coat hanger trick will work anymore, since all the TV signals went to Digital. :angry:

If you have direc tv with the sunday ticket.another thing you need is a iPhone or iPad. Apple has directv app so you can watch the bills games that are black out. The games are about 2 plays behind.the iPad you can buy a cable and hook it up to your tv in hd and watch the game. I watch the jags game while I was playing golf at Brighton in town of tonawanda on my iPad.