Sirius Radio

stevestojan

What makes sense is that he recommends selling at a price above $7, which becomes his new target price.  What I don't understand is HOW he got that price and why it increased from $5.8, effectively increasing the worth of the company by $1.5B without a change in your all-important balance sheet?  I mean to you, the company is worth nothing.  To him it was worth $5.8 a share, and now it's worth $7 a share.

152903[/snapback]

I think I'm beginning to see your problem. You don't even know what "worth" means...

<_<

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm beginning to see your problem.  You don't even know what "worth" means...

No I guess I don't, except that I KNOW my stock is worth a $9K profit to me right now. It may go down, it may go up, but if the good little soldiers who listened to that Smith Barney analyst and sold when he said "sell" are still listening to him, the price will stay around $7.

No I guess I don't, except that I KNOW my stock is worth a $9K profit to me right now.  It may go down, it may go up, but if the good little soldiers who listened to that Smith Barney analyst and sold when he said "sell" are still listening to him, the price will stay around $7.

153121[/snapback]

:D

No I guess I don't, except that I KNOW my stock is worth a $9K profit to me right now.  It may go down, it may go up, but if the good little soldiers who listened to that Smith Barney analyst and sold when he said "sell" are still listening to him, the price will stay around $7.

153121[/snapback]

did you sell it?

No I didn't sell. But this past week's events have opened my eyes to notion of selling if the stock goes up a ton in a few days, and then buying back the same number of shares, or a little more, at a lower price. We'll see.

And great article...except it's not. Music is only ONE part of Sirius. The others are the NFL, NBA, Stern, and March Madness. Try getting THAT from an iPod (or even XM).

No I didn't sell.  But this past week's events have opened my eyes to notion of selling if the stock goes up a ton in a few days, and then buying back the same number of shares, or a little more, at a lower price.  We'll see.

And great article...except it's not.  Music is only ONE part of Sirius.  The others are the NFL, NBA, Stern, and March Madness.  Try getting THAT from an iPod (or even XM).

153403[/snapback]

if you didn't sell then you have no profit...

My last post on Sirius:

If you really want a good article, check this out:

http://www.tdwaterhouse.com/research/index.html

The highlights are:

-CIBC increased their target price for Sirius from $6.50 to $9, just 2 days after Smith Barney downgraded the stock to "sell" when it was at $9

-CIBC prefers Sirius over XM because of higher monthly charge, NFL, and Stern, versus just MLB

-CIBC sees 20.7 combined satellite customers by 2007 (and when I contacted Sirius, they said that they needed 1M subscribers to cover Stern's contract)

Take it FWIW, and if you have the stock, do with it whatever you please. As I said, I wasn't just pissing in the wind on this one. But I'll admit I got some useful info from this thread.