Could an O-line shift be in the works?

macaroni

Peters was a rare talent and when he was properly motivated he demonstrated it, outside factors left aside. (We haven't had a guy on the OL that could fire off at the snap of the ball and cave-in the side of a defense since.) The loss of focus on his game, retirement of his mentor, contract disputes with Hard-Ball Brandon (wahoo!), hold-outs, injuries, trades have certainly reversed the fortunes of what was a meteoric rise to the pinnacle of his profession.

I'm a bit dense .... so I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not ... but I do agree if a guy can go from an undrafted tight end and even just play at an acceptable level at LT while we have "drafted" LTs on the team that can't break into the lineup .... it says quite a bit about his ability.

I also agree with Coach Tuesday that the worst thing about the trade was the complete lack of any "Plan B"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit dense .... so I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not ... but I do agree if a guy can go from an undrafted tight end and even just play at an acceptable level at LT while we have "drafted" LTs on the team that can't break into the lineup .... it says quite a bit about his ability.

I also agree with Coach Tuesday that the worst thing about the trade was the complete lack of any "Plan B"

I was being completely serious.

Well, other than the "Brandon Wahoo!" comment. Brandon was a terrible joke as GM.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

I think that many of Peters critics complain about him not living up to his enormous capabilities. I personally believe he could have developed into one of the top 5 LTs in the game. But he seems to coast off of his talent rather than pushing it to the maximum and he SURE seems to care about money a lot more than performance.

His attitude is not what a losing team needs to shake free from being a losing team.

Not only did we not have a good Plan B, we killed off our only other competent tackle by releasing Langston Walker. While Walker wasn't a LT and especially not a no-huddle LT, he was a pretty decent RT. Our line still hasn't recovered from this.