Have we reached a tipping point?

jahnyc

where exactly did I state that Polian drafted LT Tarik Glenn, all I stated was that he was already a Colt before Manning got there.The RT was drafted in 97 also

2006 SB champs- Tarik Glenn LT 1997 DP- Dylan Gandy 2005 DP LG-Jeff Saturday C- FA Jake Scott RG 2004 DP- Ryan Diem RT 2001 DP so 4 of 5 on that SB team where brought in by Bill Polian, I'd say that's a yea

Besides, Guard Jim Ritcher was drafted by Chuck Knox in 1980 and was with the Bills all through their SB years, yet I still contend that O line that Jim Kelly had protecting him was a result of Polian putting the pieces together.

Regardless of who built what OL, a HOF OL isn't going to make an inaccurate, erratic QB any more accurate. The Colts would be a middling team if they didn't draft Manning.

You draft the BEST player on the board. If that happens to be a franchise QB you do it. Otherwise you never improve.

And you wind up with 5 RB's and no line to block for them.. Think about this 2 years back the Bills had Jason Peters and Michael Oher was on the board. What did they do.

1. Draft Aaron Maybin who Penn State coaches thought so highly of that he wasn't even a starter his last year until injury

2. Fail to satisfy Peters and then trade him.

The Bills were a poor team last year, and the front office has created so many new holes in the roster that it will be impossible to improve this team without stellar drafts and significant free agent acquisitions, both of which seem highly unlikely given the track record of this franchise. Assuming we build primarily through the draft (and even assuming some strong drafts), this team is years away from being competitive. Why were none of the needs addressed in the past offseason? How can we improve if needs are not addressed and new holes are created? Players that seemed to have promise last year are regressing (i.e., Byrd, Levitre and Wood) and our rookies are not contributing in a meaningful way. High picks in the draft (Whitner, Lynch (traded), Maybin, McCargo, McKelvin and Hardy) did not or have not developed into strong players, particularly considering where they were drafted. Why does anyone think that this front office can rebuild this mess? I know that many posters think that we need to hit rock bottom before we can really improve, but we hit rock bottom last year and now we are worse.

I am starting to believe that we have reached a tipping point. The talent on this team is so poor and the plan to reconstitute the team so undeveloped and underfunded that we will not be able to recover (kind of like a death spiral).

I think each fan determines their own tipping point. I myself tipped over 2 years ago when I killed the NFL ticket as a means to stop feeling required to watch the Bills as they are not an organization you can feel good about being committed to winning. From what I saw in the stadium last Sunday (yeah - being from WNY, I go back every blue moon and feel compelled to go to a game), the only tipping most of the prepubescent Bills loyalists know is the mini kegs they sip freely from at 9AM...or over themselves by halftime as they have imbibed a bit too much...

The what comes first the franchise QB or a solid O-line is a debate without a correct answer. It has been done both ways with success and with failure. If you think Luck, Mallet, or Locker is that guy then you take him. But you better be right or else you've set yourself back another 3 years.

The problem with the Bills front office is not with the 'plan'. Every team pretty much has the same plan. Nobody goes into the draft or free agency planning to fail. The question isn't the plan but their ability to execute it. Based on recent draft and free agent pickups by the various regimes during this decade its difficult for me, being a relative optimist, to have any confidence that all of a sudden the Bills are going to start hitting on their draft picks and bring in impact free agents.

And while I like Spiller, look at the first Nix/Gailey draft. Who is contributing, who is starting? Meanwhile other teams, most importantly, those in our division are able to identify, draft, and plug in a couple rookies and put more and more distance between the Bills and themselves.

What was it Buddy said? 'Show me the baby'.

The chicken or the egg...

If you build a solid O- line that can run the ball and protect the QB decently you have a far superior chance to develop the QB properly then letting him run for his life and get hammered every time he throws...tell me this doesn't make sense!

A perfect example is Ben Roethlisberger, when in his first years as a Steeler the team didn't require him to win games for them, they had a strong O line that could run the ball with Jerome Bettis, plus WR's Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, Antwaamn Randle El

If you doubt this take a look at the players on that 15-1 team in 94---2 first rounders- 1 second rounders, a FA and one 5rd draft pick on that O line

Don't forget, that was the year that the Bills just needed to beat the Steelers in the last game of the season to get a WC playoff spot, the Steelers rested their starters and still beat the Bills with back ups like Willie Parker playing.

Regardless of who built what OL, a HOF OL isn't going to make an inaccurate, erratic QB any more accurate. The Colts would be a middling team if they didn't draft Manning.

where do you get this stuff... you state Bill Polian didn't build that O line, I prove he did and you change the subject...

A HOF O line will certainly give a rookie QB a better chance to develop then a poor O line, the Bills have been proving that point since Bill Polian left Buffalo