Soooo... 1st pick next draft...

Dorkington

We will be taking a QB, or at least that's the common perception.

So far its obvious the management has no interest in bringing in decent players, or keeping decent players.

Likely, our line stays the same, or somehow gets worse. We lose Lynch to free-agency, and Freddie is getting old. Spiller looks to be not very useful outside of the return game.

We draft a stud QB.

Likely we will draft Leaf vs Manning, but lets say we get the Manning... do you think he will be any good here? And if he is, do you think the Bills would actually re-sign him when his rookie contract is up?

Prediction: We choose the "wrong" QB. Keep our ****ty line. And the QB gets released within 2-3 years. Just look at our history of first round busts over recent years. (yes, I know it's early to call Spiller a bust, but it's looking like he's not really ready for anything but returns)

So far its obvious the management has no interest in bringing in decent players, or keeping decent players.

Likely, our line stays the same, or somehow gets worse. We lose Lynch to free-agency, and Freddie is getting old. Spiller looks to be not very useful outside of the return game.

We draft a stud QB.

Likely we will draft Leaf vs Manning, but lets say we get the Manning... do you think he will be any good here? And if he is, do you think the Bills would actually re-sign him when his rookie contract is up?

Prediction: We choose the "wrong" QB. Keep our ****ty line. And the QB gets released within 2-3 years. Just look at our history of first round busts over recent years. (yes, I know it's early to call Spiller a bust, but it's looking like he's not really ready for anything but returns)

I do feel that we should take a QB with the first pick provided one of the studs is there, (Mallett, Luck, Locker). I think you have to take a QB. But I don't share your sentiment that CJ is only useful on returns. I think this kid is going to be a dynamic RB when he's actually given the chance. Heck he hardly gets out there, and I think alot of that is that Chan is trying to showcase Marshawn or Freddy as a trade potential.

I do feel that we should take a QB with the first pick provided one of the studs is there, (Mallett, Luck, Locker). I think you have to take a QB. But I don't share your sentiment that CJ is only useful on returns. I think this kid is going to be a dynamic RB when he's actually given the chance. Heck he hardly gets out there, and I think alot of that is that Chan is trying to showcase Marshawn or Freddy as a trade potential.

I agree that he has great potential.

But he also needs a line... he isn't like Marshawn or Freddie in that he can take contact at the line and truck/maneuver forward 3 or 4 yards. He needs open space to work with, and our management has no interest in putting a decent offensive line together.

CJ Spiller would be one of the best runners in the league on another team.

There is a 0% chance that Ralph Wilson takes a QB, unless there's a rookie cap by then. He doesn't have the stones to pay a QB what the Rams paid Bradford.

I never really thought about that. I just figured, for sure we would have to take a QB, but you're right about the money.

Maybe we'll end up trading away our first pick for a couple mediocre bench players from other teams?

There is a 0% chance that Ralph Wilson takes a QB, unless there's a rookie cap by then. He doesn't have the stones to pay a QB what the Rams paid Bradford.

I disagree, the man is on death's door and you can't take money with you. I think he wants a championship before he dies. We are essentially spending our cap limit now so its not about how much

Ralph will spend, he is all ready spending as much as the rules allow. The sad thing about Ralph isn't that he is too cheap to build a winner, its that he has a poor record of hiring GM's and coaches.

If you think we're going to draft the wrong quarterback, what makes you think that we'd draft the right offensive lineman?

Our chances of hitting or missing on any draft choices is a product of the talent of our scouting and personnel department, not the position of the player.

We draft a stud QB.

It was common perception is 2009 that they would be taking a quarterback, and they did, some major project in the 7th round. Knowing the losers that run this team, the pick will be Mark Ingram, the RB from Alabama, then Nix will turn down all trade offers again for any of their current backs.

What exactly is a STUD QB ?

Are we going to breed more horses? :flirt:

Maybe we can get Joe Montana to breed with one of Johnny Unitas daughters (not sure if he even has any, just the name I thought of)? They do that with dogs and horses to create great performers.

We draft a stud QB.

just pray andrew luck comes out and all the experts believe he will because #1 he will be the first pick and #2 if he doesant in 2012 there will definatly be a rookie cap and there goes his 50 million dollar pay day.

every scout and gm i have read or heard has stated that he is the best QB prospect to come out in 10 years.

We draft a stud QB.

If we get the 1st pick in the draft, I hope Luck declares and we take him. I think he's the real deal. My fear is SF finds a way to get the pick ahead of us again and we end up with the next Lynch instead of Willis. If Luck were guaranteed to come out this year, I would almost be OK with tanking the season.

I don't know if it's been brought up, but while the CBA is a side subject for fans, it is a little bit of a big deal in the real life NFL.

Luck will not come out if there is a lockout...he might not come out if there isn't.

Also...I'm not sure, but the CBA might have had something to do with the FO's not being willing to bring in players in the off season.

If you think we're going to draft the wrong quarterback, what makes you think that we'd draft the right offensive lineman?

Our chances of hitting or missing on any draft choices is a product of the talent of our scouting and personnel department, not the position of the player.

First round, Ryan Leaf clone, Second, Mike Williams clone, Third, Aaron Maybin clone, etc.

First round, Ryan Leaf clone, Second, Mike Williams clone, Third, Aaron Maybin clone, etc.

Yep, so we might as well just give up and fold the franchise.

You can't not pick someone because you're scared of busting. That's just insanity.

I agree that he has great potential.

But he also needs a line... he isn't like Marshawn or Freddie in that he can take contact at the line and truck/maneuver forward 3 or 4 yards. He needs open space to work with, and our management has no interest in putting a decent offensive line together.

CJ Spiller would be one of the best runners in the league on another team.

I never really thought about that. I just figured, for sure we would have to take a QB, but you're right about the money.

Maybe we'll end up trading away our first pick for a couple mediocre bench players from other teams?

I agree wholeheartedly that the best QB in the world will be victimized behind a suspect offensive line. BUT, the great QBs still manage to find ways to make plays even with shoddy protection. I would have to mention Aaron Rodgers and Ben Rothlisberger as my two main examples. Both QB's have suspect offensive lines yet continually make great play after great play. I think that if the Bills really do end up with the first pick, (which is a very real possibility), that they will go the route of taking a QB with the first pick. And if they do, then I hope to God that they are smart enough to at least draft a LT with the 2nd pick, or acquire one via Free agency. I think Wood and Levitre are solid, and if we can draft someone to replace Wood's spot, which I believe he will move to center, and a couple of tackles, we really could have a GOOD offense!! Not great, but good!

Now defense is another story. Outside of our cornerbacks, we need players at pretty much every position..... <_<

They better Improve the offensive line and DRAFT A QB or no one will be at the games next season...

Yep, so we might as well just give up and fold the franchise.

You can't not pick someone because you're scared of busting. That's just insanity.

Sorry, I was just speculating given past drafts the possibility or a hit or miss with the current talent evaluators, not that we should forgo the draft entirely. Picking wisely doesn't seem to be something this franchise has been capable of doing for a long time. See Draft history . com buffalo bills. that is all.

Sorry, I was just speculating given past drafts the possibility or a hit or miss with the current talent evaluators, not that we should forgo the draft entirely. Picking wisely doesn't seem to be something this franchise has been capable of doing for a long time. See Draft history . com buffalo bills. that is all.

Yeah, I agree. It's hard to imagine that the Bills would step up and select the correct player. But, what gives me hope is that when there is a potentially elite-level quarterback in the draft, they generally go #1 and you almost don't have a choice but select them if you are weak at that position.

I'm hoping for this to happen this year.

When LeBron James is in the draft, even the crappy Cleveland Cavaliers couldn't NOT draft him. Let's hope that Luck separates himself from his peers and declares so we have our hand forced.