What can WE do?

uncle flap

i've been going to games since i was a kid. i've had season tickets the last 7 years. i've been disappointed, furious, and indifferent at various points the past few years.

what i am trying to figure out now, is if there is anything i can do as an individual, or as part of an organized group of fans to really send a message to the powers that be that drastic, EFFECTIVE changes must be made. sure, renting a billboard might make a statement, but if it gets a bad coach canned, only to be replaced with a seemingly (at this point) worse coach, what can we as fans do?

i'm already drafting a letter demanding a refund for this year's tickets. i don't expect a refund, but i want it to be known i can't continue to spend the thousands of dollars over the years on a product that i believe has been given adequate time and opportunity to improve, has yet to do so, and doesn't seem capable and/or interested in doing so either.

i left the game yesterday in the second quarter when it became apparent there would be no chance for not only a victory, but for any worthwhile entertainment. i was going to liken the bills to the washington generals, but the globetrotters at least let them make some plays to keep it interesting.

so, fellow TBDers, have i just been naive all along? i'm 27, grew up during the superbowl streak. was that really just a fluke?

as for my letter, to whom should i address it? any points i should add?

and what else can i or we do? petitions? boycotts? drive 5 flagellation? self-immolation?

flame away - i'm serious to an extent, but more importantly, i needed to vent. thanks for your time. :bag:

Yes, you are naive. Just google about what the Bills were like in the 1970s.

They were lucky to bring in Bill Polian as GM and he made the team good for a while. Then Ralph fired him for petty personal reasons and Polian went on to great success elsewhere and the Bills went back to being a joke.

They were lucky to bring in Bill Polian as GM and he made the team good for a while. Then Ralph fired him for petty personal reasons and Polian went on to great success elsewhere and the Bills went back to being a joke.

but wasn't polian brought in bc the fans wouldn't stand for the inferior on-field product? what did they do then? just not show up?

If you want to do something, wear a bag on your head to the game.

Also call talk radio and say you won't spend any more money on the Bills. Email the newspaper and say the same thing. Maybe if you can get a few people to do it, they will write a little column on fans boycotting the Bills.

That's all the Bills care about, is money. So if they are worried about fans not spending, they might change their tune.

Already ticket sales plummeted, so the fans are already voting with their dollars.

but wasn't polian brought in bc the fans wouldn't stand for the inferior on-field product? what did they do then? just not show up?

Polian was not hired as GM right away. They fired the old GM after Polian, as acting GM, drafted Bruce Smith and got Kelly to sign, as well as bringing in Marv Levy as coach. The Bills got lucky because their old GM had a heart attack, allowing Polian to step in and show his NFL knowledge.

If you want to do something, wear a bag on your head to the game.

even better, wear Mr Burns masks. would serve a dual purpose with halloween coming up. some enterprising small businessman out there might do pretty well selling them to fans

Didn't he call Ralph's daughter a !@#$? I don't know where you stand on that, but that is hard to continue employing somebody that calls your daughter that. I am sure that many will just say it's no big deal, like Vick is no big deal...

WALKOUT or BROWN paper bags! I'm for the paper bag idea, seeing as how it would be hypocritical of me, having chosen not to purchase game tickets, to tell others to waste their hard-earned cash by leaving a game halfway through.

I do think we should start a letter=writing campaign. We have enough members here on the board to do it. We could create a basic template in word and have people fill out the reason's why they want ralph to sell the team and promising not to support the team financially until he does. Maybe contact someone in the media (Lori if she's interested) and alert them of the campaign to garner more attention. A couple thousand letters from TBD would at least be an affront to the marketing machine at OBD.

only thing we can do as fans is not go to games and support this lousy owner.

That is all they care about is ticket sales...time we make a stand with our hard earned money.

Then maybe just maybe we will see more change. that is all I got for ya...to the Original poster. :wallbash:

We can make it clear that Nix/Gailey is NOT the answer. They have done nothing as of this date to improve the team and it shows. We have much less talent on our roster at this moment than we have had in any team this century. The reason for this is primarily the actions and inactions of Nix and Gailey. Even with the non-talent that exists on this team Gailey has played the games we have played this year very badly.

As fans? Stop going to games, stop watching the games, and make it clear that changes have to be made. If it means the Bills move, so be it. The crew that we put out on the field is embarrassing the whole city.

What can we do?

Let me ask you this...

If you have been going to a restaurant for dinner the past several years and were relatively content. Then you get served schittie food for a few years and they conitinually tell you they're going to get better, and then serve really really schittie food after that. At what point do you admit to yourself that you're being played and realize things ain't going to better as long as that restaurant is un der the same ownership?

STOP GOING TO THE !@#$ GAMES. PUT YOUR TIX ON STUB HUB AND HOPE YOU CAN GET 10 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR. IF YOU MUST, EITHER LISTEN ON THE RADIO, WATCH THE GAME ON TV, OR FOLLOW THE GAME LOG ON ESPN.COM[/size}]

Polian was not hired as GM right away. They fired the old GM after Polian, as acting GM, drafted Bruce Smith and got Kelly to sign, as well as bringing in Marv Levy as coach. The Bills got lucky because their old GM had a heart attack, allowing Polian to step in and show his NFL knowledge.

Well, you could hope that the Bills got lucky and Ralph stops being the owner...

What can we do?

Let me ask you this...

If you have been going to a restaurant for dinner the past several years and were relatively content. Then you get served schittie food for a few years and they conitinually tell you they're going to get better, and then serve really really schittie food after that. At what point do you admit to yourself that you're being played and realize things ain't going to better as long as that restaurant is un der the same ownership?

STOP GOING TO THE !@#$ GAMES. PUT YOUR TIX ON STUB HUB AND HOPE YOU CAN GET 10 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR. IF YOU MUST, EITHER LISTEN ON THE RADIO, WATCH THE GAME ON TV, OR FOLLOW THE GAME LOG ON ESPN.COM[/size}]

I guess now is that point. Anybody need tickets? :wallbash:

what's really going to grind my gears is when the bills beat the hell out of the jags and my optimism is momentarily renewed. thank god we play baltimore next and i can be back brought down to reality. i'm going to be in bmore for that game too. thank goodness i haven't bought tickets yet.

PS where do you sign up for the doom n gloom club? i'm turning in my rose colored glasses and my homer card. d'oh! (get it?!?!)

Longest playoff drought in franchise history by 5 years...we'll most likely DOUBLE the previous longest drought by the time this is through.

This is the nadir of the franchise. please believe it.

Sorry, Mate.... if you sell your tickets, that means someone else will be sitting in your seats. Isn't the point to have the stadium empty?

Man, it sucks that it's come to this.

go bills