The Truth About Chan

Their schedule is a lot harder than it used to be. Miami, NE, and NY are all better, and the other teams that the Bills will have to play are better.

The Bills are rebuilding again. They are not going to sign short-term help to win games, since it would hurt their draft status. They gave Trent a chance, but he could cut it so the team is tanking the season. The players know it after Trent was cut. The rest of the season is going to be pre-season so Chan can get his guys.

Bill Parcells was 3-13 with Brunner at quarterback his first year with the Giants.

He was 5-11 his first year with the Patriots.

He was 9-7 his first year with the Jets, after they went 1-15 with Kotite.

He was 10-6 his first year with Dallas.

He was 11-5 his first year with Miami. (If you count his time as a GM).

I think it is going to take time. Parcells definitely had a easier time as his reputation grew, and just as importantly, he was able to poach his old teams for players. I think the collective bargaining situation hurt the free agency market.

Personally, I think it is difficult for the Bills to get big name coaches because it is a small city in decline, and the team can move at any time since the owner is so old without a succession plan in place. He is a lot better than the prior coaches. (I'm glad to see Greg Williams is doing well).

Wish I had answers, but he just cut the starting quarterback, and people thought the offense would improve. Folks, we are officially in rebuilding mode, once again. Has it been three years?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact: The Buffalo Bills rank #32 in the NFL in total offense.

Fact: The Buffalo Bills rank #32 in the NFL in passing offense.

Fact: The Buffalo Bills average 131.8 passing yards per game.

Fact: The Dick Jauron Buffalo Bills averaged 157.2 passing yards per game in 2009.

Fact: The Dick Jauron Buffalo Bills averaged 190.0 passing yards per game in 2008.

Fact: The Dick Jauron Buffalo Bills averaged 164.6 passing yards per game in 2007.

Fact: The Dick Jauron Buffalo Bills averaged 169.9 passing yards per game in 2006.

My God that is now a long history of completely impotent offense. Those passing numbers are an absolute joke.

The offense looks better? They are performing at a lower level than at any point in the last 5 years.

Hey now, xsoldier54 admits to having a moronic opinion, so he thinks himself a moron...who am I to judge :lol:

Clearly he is either nealy blind, a Trent Edwards hater, a Chan Gailey family member or just like he states, a moron...

This new head coach was hired specifically to improve the offense, instead it is worse at every level.