This is why we should be concerned

saundena

Although I thought going into the season we were an 8-8 team- our poor performance on the field is not what's really troubling me. Whats bothering me is the play of our rookies. Nix is supposed to be a draft wizard. He's now been with the Bills (this time around) for 2 drafts, yet who do we have to show for it??? Spiller, Wood, Levetre, Byrd maybe.

The Jury is still out on all of these players. Sure Spiller has talent, but this year's abortion of a team isn't exactly the perfect show case for him. Wood and Levetre- they appear to be solid at times but would certainly look better if we had decent tackles. Byrd was electric last year but has done nothing this year. I hope he's not a one year wonder.

I think I would feel much better about Nix (and the direction he has us heading) if Troupe and Carrington show a remarkable improvement. In my opinion, those are two players that we needed to make an immediate impact. Troupe was drafted with the expectation that he could develop into a NT. Is it possible that we reached on him???? If we were to get production (or significant improvement from those two) then I think we'd be in good shape. That would mean Nix took the best player available in Spiller (who will be a gem for us in the future) and filled the NT and DE position in 1 draft- not too shabby.

But if their lack of production continues, then we'll go into this draft largely in the same place we were last year.

I'm very worried!

I'm seriously getting senile. I could swear that Nix was only around for this last draft.

No he was around for the "Maybin Draft", but It's hard to place very much responsibility on him for that draft since other people had more say than he did. Sadly though, the way it's looking now, other than Maybinot, that draft seems much stronger than this years. Seriously, with the exception of Spiller (and excluding our injured rookies), who did we get?

In the defense of Carrington and Troup, be patient with them because DL's usually take time to develop. I will say this, with one quarter of the season gone, they should play these guys often to excellerate their learning curve! They may be good 3-4 players, in time....

I have to believe (given his comments) that he would not have drafted Maybin -- at least I hope so.

No he was around for the "Maybin Draft", but It's hard to place very much responsibility on him for that draft since other people had more say than he did. Sadly though, the way it's looking now, other than Maybinot, that draft seems much stronger than this years. Seriously, with the exception of Spiller (and excluding our injured rookies), who did we get?