Ben Chappell vs. Michigan

setter55

Anybody see the Indiana/Michigan game yesterday? Denard Robinson was the focus of the coverage. Meanwhile, Indiana's QB Chappell was throwing the ball all over the field to the tune of 480 yards, and reminding me an awful lot of Jim Kelly in his prime. Chappell doesn't seem to be on any of the NFL scout's radar. I'm thinking next year's QB draft night be even deeper than advertised.

Anybody see the Indiana/Michigan game yesterday? Denard Robinson was the focus of the coverage. Meanwhile, Indiana's QB Chappell was throwing the ball all over the field to the tune of 480 yards, and reminding me an awful lot of Jim Kelly in his prime. Chappell doesn't seem to be on any of the NFL scout's radar. I'm thinking next year's QB draft night be even deeper than advertised.

It's one game. See how he does the rest of the season before thinking of Jim Kelly.

It's one game. See how he does the rest of the season before thinking of Jim Kelly.

My comparison is based on his size, style, and the type of ball he throws. While not mobile, he'll stand in there to the last to deliver a perfect pass. I'm just surprised that there's been so little coverage. Chappell's name doesn't even appear in today's Buffalo News write-up.

I thought the same thing-- he looked like the real deal.

Yeah, the Michigan D looks like crap. But you could tell Chappell has some serious skills--great touch and accuracy on his balls and really nice pocket presence.