Will the Bills make more mid-season cuts?

If someone had told me prior to the start of the season that Trent would be given a chance to prove himself; then cut after 3 wks I would have denied the likelihood. Now that it has happened and another former starter has also been waived, I have begun to wonder what is next.

I cannot recall another team that has used a season to evaluate players and make a lot of cuts. Is the next step to begin trolling other teams practice squads for 'diamonds' and give them an in-season tryout? If you are going to have a losing season already, this approach could have some benefits. This could be a novel approach to rebuilding with many possible negatives (chaos), but with so many needs to be filled could this give the Bills a jump-start on the process.

Purely speculation of course.

Who would be cut next to give someone new a tryout? Maybin perhaps? Don't like your kick returner, 3rd string reciever or linebacker? Cut them and give some practice squad guy the chance to make an impact.

Something has to happen to make room for Nelson when he comes back from being suspended. I guess it will be David Martin, but you never know.

does nelson come back next week? and also is he going to start or is stupar our official #1????

Pay Moran reported yesterday that jarmon Meredith is likely to be cut this week

Is this true, I hadn't heard this?

Too bad if true, I had hopes Meredith could develop into a serviceable swing tackle who could've provided adequate depth at worst. He did very little to impress in his spot duty vs. the Dolphins though. I think he could get a shot at RT (With a QB who's not a sitting duck - Trent Edwards) before he's released though.