Kelsay Deal Makes Sense

NaPolian8693

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll eat crow...The resigning didn't bother me, the cost was higher than I'd pay, but it wasn't gonna put us in trouble with the cap at all and well he could prvode depth for us...

Holy **** he is horrible, we are better off only playing 10 guys on D...He isn't as bad a Cornell green who is on the same level as Mike Pucillo, but sheesh he is bad... :bag:

Kelsay has the second most solo tackles so far this year for the Bills.

yea 4 solos per game this year, hes really worth the money. Just give it up no one is going to go along with your blind defense of kelsay's contract. He's not worth that money no matter how you try to slice it. $5 million plus per year for a guy who averages 4 or 5 tackles a game and 0.1 sacks cmon now. He never makes an impact.

yea 4 solos per game this year, hes really worth the money. Just give it up no one is going to go along with your blind defense of kelsay's contract. He's not worth that money no matter how you try to slice it. $5 million plus per year for a guy who averages 4 or 5 tackles a game and 0.1 sacks cmon now. He never makes an impact.

He wasn't a great end, but I was able to live with him there. As an LB, he is horrendous - he lacks the skills needed to play that position and looks lost. The guys in the locker room vote him captain year after year and at first that was a reason why I was alright with him signing an extention, albiet on the high side - but we have enough cap room to play with it didn't bother me. After this week's game, I'm even more uncomfortable with his extension, he is below a below-average linebacker and if he was voted a captian by this bunch that isn't saying much. This team has no heart...

He wasn't a great end, but I was able to live with him there. As an LB, he is horrendous - he lacks the skills needed to play that position and looks lost. The guys in the locker room vote him captain year after year and at first that was a reason why I was alright with him signing an extention, albiet on the high side - but we have enough cap room to play with it didn't bother me. After this week's game, I'm even more uncomfortable with his extension, he is below a below-average linebacker and if he was voted a captian by this bunch that isn't saying much. This team has no heart...

Im not questioning his character or leadership, by all accounts hes a hard worker who doesnt take plays off, hes durable and the players respect him.

I dont necessarily have a problem resigning him either. But my problem is at $5 million you should be getting a damn solid OLB. Look at other OLBs earning $5 million and they are impact players who get more than 4 tackles and zero sacks per game.

Perhaps the plan is and was to sign him then cut him once a palatable replacement is added to the roster.

Im not questioning his character or leadership, by all accounts hes a hard worker who doesnt take plays off, hes durable and the players respect him.

I dont necessarily have a problem resigning him either. But my problem is at $5 million you should be getting a damn solid OLB. Look at other OLBs earning $5 million and they are impact players who get more than 4 tackles and zero sacks per game.

Perhaps the plan is and was to sign him then cut him once a palatable replacement is added to the roster.

I don't disgaree with any of that...

and I suppose it is possible that he is voted captain because of his hard work and not taking plays off. But being a captian means being a leader and leaders on this team are nil. Whitner has the desire to be, hosting defense only gatherings at his house, watching film with teammates and being vocal and trying to inspire his teammates. I honestly do not see Kelsay doing this...inspiring or leading this team.