If you could trade Lee Evans for a Starter

wardigital

I'm not talking draft picks. For the sake of this scenario, let's say that it is March 2011, and you have just been given the GM role as the Bills. Your first order of business is to trade Lee Evans. Ralph Wilson has demanded it, and you must do it or be punished with death, or whatever the hell sort of punishment would make you do it.

The draft has exploded. There is no such thing as a draft. You must trade Evans for a positional player in the NFL who could start on our team (this means lots of backups). What position do you go with?

I would probably go with LB. I feel like LB is obviously a problem right now, but not one that we necessarily want to deal with in the draft with T and QB in such awful shape.

What happens if we trade Evans at the WR position? Well, it's a virtual no-man's land.

But with Edwards being gone and Evans being relatively quiet about his departure, with his recent frustration about getting the ball, and with the quiet rumblings that he may, at some point, demand a trade this year, I think that it is at least plausible to suggest that the Bills would try to use Evans as one of their lone pieces of leverage to improve elsewhere. A team like Washington may be willing to take him instead of trying to get someone out of the draft, you never know.

Intangible NFL trades based on dreamland are Lame........

Intangible NFL trades based on dreamland are Lame........

I don't exactly think it is lame, but I also don't exactly think trading Lee Evans would be the stuff of dreamland.

I think that when you look at the last decade of the Bills, anything in this light is possible.

But thank you for your positive contribution to the forum. You have, so far I'm sure, made this a much better place.

Just because you made a bad thread doesn't mean you have to be such a baby about it.

Just because you consider my thread bad does not mean you have to post in it. I've enjoyed the positive responses. I would even enjoy to hear your consideration for getting a good quarterback, though I suspect that anyone that thinks that the Chris Kelsay signing, terms and condition considered "makes sense", has nothing to say except for trolling and balderdash, and so far I'm not disappointed.

Edited by wardigital

I'm not talking draft picks. For the sake of this scenario, let's say that it is March 2011, and you have just been given the GM role as the Bills. Your first order of business is to trade Lee Evans. Ralph Wilson has demanded it, and you must do it or be punished with death, or whatever the hell sort of punishment would make you do it.

The draft has exploded. There is no such thing as a draft. You must trade Evans for a positional player in the NFL who could start on our team (this means lots of backups). What position do you go with?

I would probably go with LB. I feel like LB is obviously a problem right now, but not one that we necessarily want to deal with in the draft with T and QB in such awful shape.

What happens if we trade Evans at the WR position? Well, it's a virtual no-man's land.

But with Edwards being gone and Evans being relatively quiet about his departure, with his recent frustration about getting the ball, and with the quiet rumblings that he may, at some point, demand a trade this year, I think that it is at least plausible to suggest that the Bills would try to use Evans as one of their lone pieces of leverage to improve elsewhere. A team like Washington may be willing to take him instead of trying to get someone out of the draft, you never know.

There will be draft next year that said I would trade him to Greenbay for Bulaga.

It's not moronic, it's perfectly reasonable. A player whose high water mark was an 18-month period of which he hasn't even remotely come close to replicating since sounds a lot like Trent Edwards. It also sounds a lot like Lee Evans, who has been stone-cold-ordinary since.

And yes, it was strictly an academic exercise? Isn't that the role of discussion boards, on occasion?

I have no problem with the academic nature of the exercise. I just wanted to clarify, as other seem to think you actually believe the Bills should trade Evans.

As far as Evans, isn't it fairly clear his numbers are a direct result of playing in an inept offense with a QB who developed a severe case of stage freight? Game after game after game, Lee is perfectly open...that is open to a competent QB who is willing to throw the ball before the WR makes his break. Lee's only real weakness is his height, IMO.

I have no problem with the academic nature of the exercise. I just wanted to clarify, as other seem to think you actually believe the Bills should trade Evans.

As far as Evans, isn't it fairly clear his numbers are a direct result of playing in an inept offense with a QB who developed a severe case of stage freight? Game after game after game, Lee is perfectly open...that is open to a competent QB who is willing to throw the ball before the WR makes his break. Lee's only real weakness is his height, IMO.

His other weakness is his Age. He is starting to get up there in years for an NFL player.