Sending a Message

Bruuuuce

I think cutting Edwards has the effect, whether it's intentional or not, of sending a pretty clear message through the team. It doesn't matter if you're a starter, a captain, whatever, if you arn't producing we don't want you here going forward into next season. I say going forward into next year because barring a miracle turn around starting with a divisional win sunday, this season is about developing and evaluating. Now obviously a lot of guys on the team arn't producing, I get that, however Edwards days were pretty much numbered as he had more than enough time to develop. Maybe this will make players more accountable for their preparation and performance on the field.

p.s. - does anyone want to take bets as to what season of dancing with the stars Aaron Maybin will appear on?

Edited by Bruuuuce

That's pretty much the way I see it. Nix and Gailey evaluating what is on the roster so that they know exactly what they have -- and what they don't have -- before they try fixing the problem. As for your Maybin question, I just wonder who's going to lead, himor his partner?

I think cutting Edwards has the effect, whether it's intentional or not, of sending a pretty clear message through the team. It doesn't matter if you're a starter, a captain, whatever, if you arn't producing we don't want you here going forward into next season. I say going forward into next year because barring a miracle turn around starting with a divisional win sunday, this season is about developing and evaluating. Now obviously a lot of guys on the team arn't producing, I get that, however Edwards days were pretty much numbered as he had more than enough time to develop. Maybe this will make players more accountable for their preparation and performance on the field.

What message is that? If you get cut by Buffalo you can get picked up by a (marginally) better team within 24 hours?

Do you seriously think players in the NFL think they are not accountable? Come on now. :flirt:

What message is that? If you get cut by Buffalo you can get picked up by a (marginally) better team within 24 hours?

Do you seriously think players in the NFL think they are not accountable? Come on now. :flirt:

I think under Jauron, the players on the Buffalo Bills were not accountable.

My opinion and worth the powder it takes to blow it to hell

p.s. - does anyone want to take bets as to what season of dancing with the stars Aaron Maybin will appear on?

Well its' just too bad that any NFL team, especially our favorite one, finds it necessary to waste a full season in today's NFL. With free agency and the salary cap, at least one or more teams find themselves going from worst to first in their divisions every single year. And of course this strange 2010 season where there was no salary cap due to this idiotic collective bargaining greedy crap the owners and players are once again dragging us through, any team had the ability to spend any amount of money they wanted to try and win now.

Buddy could have signed Julius Peppers instead of Dawan Edwards, for God's sake! But alas, 90 Million on one football player is stupid for even a huge market like Chicago to spend, so of course I'm dreaming that Wilson would even consider such an outlandish contract. Although watching Peppers basically take over the last 5 minutes of the game against the Packers last night almost made his outlandish contract seem like a bargain!!

So between Ralph's "cash to the no-cap" and Nix's policy of "building slowly mostly through the draft", the Bills "Are What We Thought They Were!!!" :bag: (Gotta love that Denny Green!)

Sending a message, we can only hope. Trent has had plenty of time to prove his worth and could'nt, move on to the next canidate. Same goes for the Maybin, it's time to fish or cut bait.