Am I the only one...

BuffBills#1

Mike Williams has become the anchor of our line, and without him I think we could really struggle to put up points against the Browns, and especially the Bengals. If we don't get big Mike back for the Bengals game, I think it could be a long day for us Bills fans. The Bengals are coming on just like the Bills have been now. They're thinking the same thing we are, about winning out and going to the playoffs too. I'm hoping there is nothing seriously wrong with Williams.

Mike Williams has become the anchor of our line, and without him I think we could really struggle to put up points against the Browns, and especially the Bengals.  If we don't get big Mike back for the Bengals game, I think it could be a long day for us Bills fans.  The Bengals are coming on just like the Bills have been now.  They're thinking the same thing we are, about winning out and going to the playoffs too.  I'm hoping there is nothing seriously wrong with Williams.

149426[/snapback]

I just hope we move him to guard. <_<

Why move him to guard when he has dominated that right side of the line.  Next year Williams is going to be league known, and a top 5 tackle easily.  I always thought with his size and athletic ability it was only a matter of time.

149490[/snapback]

Sarcasm mate. Find of a special :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to those here who think they know what they're talking about but are really full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Sarcasm mate.  Find of a special  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  to those here who think they know what they're talking about but are really full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

149492[/snapback]

Wow, that's really defensive. What did he say so bad?

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

The only thing wrong with Mikey is between his ears. The guy is a 400lb teddy bear. If he ever gets a mean strak he could dominate for the next ten years, but he won't. Just not tough enough imo. He will never reach his full potential. I hope I'm wrong about him but thats how I see it. I was at the game yesterday and was about twenty rows behind the Bills bench. I was watching him after he came off the field. He was sitting by himself on the bench until a trainer finally comes over and he goes behing the bench to the bike. He gets on and never once pedaled the freaking thing, just talking to the trainer. He then goes back to sit on the bench. Then about 10 minutes later they cart is ass off to the lockerroom.

The only thing wrong with Mikey is between his ears. The guy is a 400lb teddy bear. If he ever gets a mean strak he could dominate for the next ten years, but he won't. Just not tough enough imo. He will never reach his full potential. I hope I'm wrong about him but thats how I see it. I was at the game yesterday and was about twenty rows behind the Bills bench. I was watching him after he came off the field. He was sitting by himself on the bench until a trainer finally comes over and he goes behing the bench to the bike. He gets on and never once pedaled the freaking thing, just talking to the trainer. He then goes back to sit on the bench. Then about 10 minutes later they cart is ass off to the lockerroom.

149513[/snapback]

For 2 1/2 years, Big Mike played poorly imo, but, for the last several games he has been dominant.

I have always expected a lot from MW because of where he was selected. He is in the upper echelon of salaried NFL players, and is only now starting to earn his keep. I hope it continues, because winning football teams need dominant blockers, and there is no getting around this.

What I will do is retract the bust label. It is (was) starting to look as if he is coming around. I also think that I tended to blame him for mistakes that were sometimes the fault of another particular player. Since this other player was benched, MW's game has improved dramatically, but then so has that of the entire offense.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

No doubt he is progressing in the right direction and for what they have invested in him lets hope he continues.

I just don't think he will ever be the dominant player he is capable of being. I think he is "soft". I hope I'm wrong but he seems to miss a lot of time with injuries and problems.

i was disappointed in Big Mike the past couple years cuz his production just was not what I expected. I also, though, felt bad for him. Any guy, regardless of position, coming out of college and stepping foot into the NFL needs someone he can trust who will show him the ropes and provide insight into the position and the way the game evolves from college to pro. Poor Mike had OL coaches with little to no experience coaching NFL O-lineman. That just plain sucked.

Look at the difference 6 months with an experienced OL coach makes. I truely believe that McNally has alot to do with his rapid development this year.