Lynch named 'starter' ---Jackson still workhorse

BillsFanInLV

I don't think we do "know" Fred will see plenty of action. It hasn't happened yet and we don't know why.

He was coming off an injured hand. I'm surprised he was even activated for the 1st game.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a hunch, before somebody burns down The Ralph... Maybe Chan is saying one thing, and may do another. It would be crazy, and unheard of, but other teams in the past have done things like this. I'm sure you guys have all watched Spiller's highlights form Clemson...what could it hurt to have him out there as a receiver? Listening to WGR Schop and Bulldog had the morning guy on, name is slipping me, and he said that was ridiculous because we drafted Spiller to run between the tackles.

I think ridiculous is saying something that closed minded. That is the current mindset of the fans, though. If they tried to get innovative, fans would have to find something to be unhappy about.

ESPN Fantasy info said Spiller would have been rookie of the year. Untill the Bills drafted him. Probably the only team that would try to "limit touches" verses try to get him the ball more.

On the contrary. His college limited his touches. There are real fears that he is small enough to be injured easily or worn down. The Bills are handling him right, much the way the Saints handle Reggie Bush, who got 155 carries his first year in New Orleans, though Reggie had an excellent QB throwing to him, so he got a ton of catches, 88.

Spiller's touches at Clemson:

2006: 129 carries, 19 catches

2007: 145 carries, 34 catches

2008: 116 carries, 34 catches

2009: 216 carries, 36 catches

In 2009, he was in 13 games including the bowl game.

Knowshon Moreno, the first back picked the year before, had:

2007: 248 carries, 20 catches

2008: 250 carries, 33 catches

Worth remembering also that we have two other very good backs, we have a lousy line, and that this is a rebuilding year.

Of course the hand had to be part of the decision, but then why even let him carry the ball at all? And what about game two? I just think there's something else going on here.

Me too. I also think they were showcasing Lynch for a possible trade (don't believe everything the HC/GM says in the papers). They may still be doing that, to a degree.

But I also think Chan is still getting a feel for which back does what best AND he's still getting a feel for the rhythm of the offense. I know we would all prefer to not see players and coaches have to make these kind of adjustments during the season. "That's what preseason is for!" But realistically, I understand that isn't always the way it goes. I'm willing to give the new staff the benefit of the doubt if they show progress, and demonstrate they aren't afraid to make adjustments during the game and during the week.

Lets not forget that he dropped the first pass of the year too....

Yup. The hand might have contributed, but you have dropped passes or have and increased risk for fumbles.

Here is a question for everyone. What is the last in season trade you can remember in the NFL???? I can't think of one, they rarely happen. Everyone here better get used to the idea that we have 3 RB, becasue it is more likely than not that's the way it is going to stay.

Right...Cause anyone who knows football knows Lynch is clearly better than Fred Jackson...It's not even a debate...Right? <_<

Further proof the Bills FO trolls this forum... B-)

Jackson is better than lynch hands down! By the way you figured me out I am the whole FO. But dont tell anybody. Let it be our secret. :thumbsup:

Edited by fansince88

Here is a question for everyone. What is the last in season trade you can remember in the NFL???? I can't think of one, they rarely happen. Everyone here better get used to the idea that we have 3 RB, becasue it is more likely than not that's the way it is going to stay.

We traded McCargo to the Colts two years ago, but then they sent him back when he failed a physical. But there's usually one or two a season.

Are you shitting me, who is are best running back then, enlighten us?

of course not you are my favorite turd. But seing how you asked Jackson is the best proven runner. Spiller will be in my oppinion given a year to grow both in ability in this league and size. Needs to bulk up a bit. By the way it is our not are. Hows that for enlightening you? And I suck at english.

Edited by fansince88

Here is a question for everyone. What is the last in season trade you can remember in the NFL???? I can't think of one

I think the issue here is your memory.

There were at least three in-season trades last season:

The Panthers traded Tank Williams to the Chiefs for a 5th rd pick in October 2009.

Cleveland traded Braylon Edwards to the Jets for two players and two draft picks in October 2009.

Miami traded Tyler Thigpen to KC for a draft pick in late September 2009.

And it's very hard to believe you don't remember that Detroit traded Roy Williams and a 7th to the Cowboys for three picks in October 2008.

Is trading during the season rampant? No. But it is hardly as rare as some posters have been suggesting.

of course not you are my favorite turd. But seing how you asked Jackson is the best proven runner. Spiller will be in my oppinion given a year to grow both in ability in this league and size. Needs to bulk up a bit. By the way it is our not are. Hows that for enlightening you? And I suck at english.

If you are going to give him crap about spelling, you should at least spell opinion correctly! :wallbash:

Fred Jackson is the BEST RB on this football team. Why wouldn't you start your best players?

Thats easy because the BILLS FRONT OFFICE , COACHING STAFF and NFL SCOUTS dont agree with you . I will take The NFL and this Front office over your (30 yr old RB that no NFL team wants to trade for )opinion anyday of the week . People get over your love for the "small time guy does good attitude " 30 yr old RB.

If you are going to give him crap about spelling, you should at least spell opinion correctly! :wallbash:

Yes and if you are going to correct my spelling than you should also note that it wasnt the spelling I was pointing out. are=is our=mine and yours. That has nothing to do with spelling. I also want to bring to your attention that I said that I sucked in english. Got an 85 average 22 years ago when I graduated HS. That is only because the private school wouldnt let you pass unless you got a 80. Furthermore! I didnt give him "crap" he gave it to me with his language that he found it nessasary to use. Read the whole post before you choose sides bud :w00t:

Edited by fansince88

Fred Jackson is the BEST RB on this football team. Why wouldn't you start your best players?

You forgot to start that with IMO -- because that is very very debatable.

Me too. I also think they were showcasing Lynch for a possible trade (don't believe everything the HC/GM says in the papers). They may still be doing that, to a degree.

Enough of this "showcasing" garbage!!! Scouts and FO's all around the NFL know how good Lynch and Jackson are...that is insane to think that Nix/Gailey are timing reps based on trade speculation. Get real. The only thing they might be trying to showcase is Lynch's behavior on and off the field.

Enough of this "showcasing" garbage!!! Scouts and FO's all around the NFL know how good Lynch and Jackson are...that is insane to think that Nix/Gailey are timing reps based on trade speculation. Get real. The only thing they might be trying to showcase is Lynch's behavior on and off the field.

Perhaps you slept through last season, it's perfectly understandable. Lynch looked like crap last year. It might help trade value to demonstrate that 2009 was a fluke, and Lynch is still the beast.

Perhaps you slept through last season, it's perfectly understandable. Lynch looked like crap last year. It might help trade value to demonstrate that 2009 was a fluke, and Lynch is still the beast.

No need to claim I was asleep to give your opinion. And I was awake to see 4.6 ypc at home and 3.8 ypc overall. Freddie played well enough the first 3 games that DJ decided to stick with him... but maybe you are too stuck in your mindset when claiming he looked like crap. He's 24 with two 1K seasons and a probowl... they aren't showcasing him....they are giving our best rb the ball.