if there is a lockout ?

Im a little confused as to why everyone thinks there will be no draft. Listen, the CBA ends in March. That doesn't mean if they don't reach an agreement by then, then there is an automatic lockout. A lockout probably wouldn't occur til July, if they can't reach an agreement by then. Seeing as the draft is in April, i would say you can bet there will be one. Secondly, even if the players decide to hold a lockout, the college kids getting drafted are not part of the NFLPA, so the owners would have every right to pick these players in a draft. There will be a 2011 draft.

Im a little confused as to why everyone thinks there will be no draft. Listen, the CBA ends in March. That doesn't mean if they don't reach an agreement by then, then there is an automatic lockout. A lockout probably wouldn't occur til July, if they can't reach an agreement by then. Seeing as the draft is in April, i would say you can bet there will be one. Secondly, even if the players decide to hold a lockout, the college kids getting drafted are not part of the NFLPA, so the owners would have every right to pick these players in a draft. There will be a 2011 draft.

You didn't even come close to responding to the question.

I highly doubt they would use the same draft order. They would be more likely to use the system the NHL did to determine the draft order after their lost year which was a lottery determined draft order. The draft was then done in a serpentine fashion.

I didn't say there would be no draft 2011 just if the the order would be the same; ie 2011 = 2012.

The draft was then done in a serpentine fashion.

Serpentine fashion?

True, and like the NHL, we would get screwed out of the overall 1 pick.

Big deal -- the Sabres only lost out on what's-his-name. Crosby? :cry:

I remember Buffalo and Pittsburgh both had the same chance -- percentage wise -- of getting that pick. Funny how the city can't catch a break.

I think everyone else in this thread is a little confused about what point you're trying to make. Try reading the post you're responding to...