What if...................

RyanW2279

Obviously not a likely situation what so ever, but lets 'say' Buffalo goes into New England and actually wins. With all of the extreme negativity and "bottoming out" discussions lately, what would your view on the Bills be then. Lets keep in mind that the Bills are one play away from beating Miami and well, got smoked by the best team in the NFL in they're home opener. We are not good nor will we be good this year, but this is the NFL however and a major upset is ALWAYS posible...

It would be because New England played poorly. There would be no credit given to the Bills, in my opinion. ESPN and the likes would focus on the negative plays that New England put up, and how that lost them the game.

Maybe one analyst (Dilfer) would focus on the positives that Buffalo had.

Well I'd be extremely surprised. I just think we don't have the talent to compete against NE. If we did win, we'd have to play out of our minds and really be on the same page. I don't see this team all of a sudden just becoming that team, due to the lack of talent, but if they win, it would be great, and really put a bullseye on NE's back.

My view would depend on how we won. If it was an ugly game and we needed two special teams touchdowns and two turnovers that lead to two field goals to win, with no offensive touchdowns than I would take the win but would still have reservations about this team. If we win a game where Fitz throws for 300 yds and 3TD's then that's another matter. Lets face it, not many of this teams 27 wins in the last 4 years have been impressive.

O.K., I am l a long-time lurker, first-time poster. Here goes:

I think that Fitz at QB will improve our play in several areas. First, we should be able to actually get a verticle passing game. This will get us into more manageable yardage situations on 2nd and 3rd down. Also, with a credible passing threat we can spread out the opposing "D" more which helps our run game-a real potential strong suit given the talent at that position. Fitz also contributes to better yardage and field position by his ability to scramble and avoid sacks- a talent that Trent obviously lacks. Lastly, Fitz helps our "D" with getting better field position and reducing opponents time on the field. Seriously, our DB's were awesome against Green Bay; Rogers just had too many chances to make things happen.

Look, I know we are not great, but I seriously think with a QB capable of some type-any type-of verticle game and some inspired play calling we could be a 6-7 win team. It is so important to get this team thinking and acting like winners.

I look forward to a BIG Bills win this week!

O.K., I am l a long-time lurker, first-time poster. Here goes:

I think that Fitz at QB will improve our play in several areas. First, we should be able to actually get a verticle passing game. This will get us into more manageable yardage situations on 2nd and 3rd down. Also, with a credible passing threat we can spread out the opposing "D" more which helps our run game-a real potential strong suit given the talent at that position. Fitz also contributes to better yardage and field position by his ability to scramble and avoid sacks- a talent that Trent obviously lacks. Lastly, Fitz helps our "D" with getting better field position and reducing opponents time on the field. Seriously, our DB's were awesome against Green Bay; Rogers just had too many chances to make things happen.

Look, I know we are not great, but I seriously think with a QB capable of some type-any type-of verticle game and some inspired play calling we could be a 6-7 win team. It is so important to get this team thinking and acting like winners.

I look forward to a BIG Bills win this week!

You people are delusional. I'll expect you on this website by Monday apologising for your blatant stupidity (and the Bills 0-3 start)

First, I would be tremendously pleased, especially since the Bills have never beaten the Patriots since I moved to Boston. Second, I would be almost as surprised as I was pleased. Third, I might reassess the team and bump them up a bit, but it would depend on how they won. Upsets do happen, and bad teams sometimes do beat good teams. Right now, I see the Bills as something like a 2 to 4 win team, but a win in Foxboro with some legitimacy might move that estimation up to 6 wins or so. My official pre-season prediction was 4-12, and I usually wind up within 1 win either way.

Obviously not a likely situation what so ever, but lets 'say' Buffalo goes into New England and actually wins. With all of the extreme negativity and "bottoming out" discussions lately, what would your view on the Bills be then. Lets keep in mind that the Bills are one play away from beating Miami and well, got smoked by the best team in the NFL in they're home opener. We are not good nor will we be good this year, but this is the NFL however and a major upset is ALWAYS posible...

oh, please. the Bills will get stomped by the Pats. and then get stomped by the Jets. Sucks, but an O - 4 start has been a stone cold lock for months.