[please fix subject]

Big Buffalo

I think they will let Fitz play against the Pats D and the Jets D before putting Brohm in. Aside from the Ravens in the next 6 weeks Brohm can get a feel for the game without getting killed. We know Fitz is not the answer either but we really have to see what Brohm cando before we draft Mallet or Luck. I dont understand what is going on. Anyone could of predicted Trent would be benched after a while.Brohm should have been given a shot with the starters in preseason.

So many cliche threads concerning Quarter Backs when none of them are going to step in and make a huge impact for the team. It's not all on the QB, you're not instantly going to get the productivity you want to see.

Edited by Bom Trady

So many cliche threads concerning Quarter Backs when none of them are going to step in and make a huge impact for the team. It's not all on the QB, you're not instantly going to get the productivity you want to see.

I don't think we're going to be worrying about a huge impact to the team this year. Gailey may be trying everyone out to see what he's got. For all we know, he could have exclaimed to the entire team that 2010 is open tryouts for 2011.

I think they will let Fitz play against the Pats D and the Jets D before putting Brohm in. Aside from the Ravens in the next 6 weeks Brohm can get a feel for the game without getting killed. We know Fitz is not the answer either but we really have to see what Brohm cando before we draft Mallet or Luck. I dont understand what is going on. Anyone could of predicted Trent would be benched after a while.Brohm should have been given a shot with the starters in preseason.

I completely agree. And that is likely what will happen. Root for Fitz to be ineffective and the Bills to lose to both the Pats and Jets (almost a certainty). I want to see Brohm. If he stinks it up after playing 6 or 7 games, then so be it. The team will probably have 3 new QBs next year. And that should be no surprise to anyone either. This the pre season guys, so lets check everyone out.

I don't think we're going to be worrying about a huge impact to the team this year. Gailey may be trying everyone out to see what he's got. For all we know, he could have exclaimed to the entire team that 2010 is open tryouts for 2011.

I hope he did do that in so many words. With the CBA up in the air, the players have to be nervous.no laying down on the job this year for the players. lots of contracts ending league-wide this year. huge competition for jobs and contracts for next year. good year to experiment and see what you have. sucks for the fans, but we knew this team was lousy 3 months ago.

Why does everyone like Brohm? I just don't get it.

Actually, we really don't know about Brohm...but that is the point...he has the big credentials out of Louisville, and was a #2...I liked him in college. So, we find out if he can play. If not, your right, three new guys next year. If he can play...well, then he is worth signing for the next season, whenever that is.

Really? You don't get it??

Nobody 'likes' Brohm, they just don't hate him. We've seen everything Edwards and Fitzpatrick have to offer and there's no future. We DON'T know and haven't seen Brohm. Please don't say the Atlanta game last year is all you need to see to kick him to the curb. You're a better poster than that. I'd be all for the OP's plan. Jax is the first possibility of a W this season. Start Brohm then for the rest of the year and see what he's got. Edwards and Fitz most likely won't be Bills next season. Brohm is the only unknown. Let's find out while tossing the last spade of dirt on the Jauron Era grave.

Really? You don't get it??

Nobody 'likes' Brohm, they just don't hate him. We've seen everything Edwards and Fitzpatrick have to offer and there's no future. We DON'T know and haven't seen Brohm. Please don't say the Atlanta game last year is all you need to see to kick him to the curb. You're a better poster than that. I'd be all for the OP's plan. Jax is the first possibility of a W this season. Start Brohm then for the rest of the year and see what he's got. Edwards and Fitz most likely won't be Bills next season. Brohm is the only unknown. Let's find out while tossing the last spade of dirt on the Jauron Era grave.

True. He is the unknown. Maybe he won't be a Leinart or a Leaf in the NFL remains to be seen. I guess I should have said, I don't understand some people having a lot of love for him when he truly hasn't done much or been tested. I do like the idea of testing him against the Jags. Because other than them you have the Pats, Jets and Ravens... those team will probably kill him.

The bolded quote is true of all the Brohm boys. Three NFL head coaches haven't wanted Brohm anywhere near the field in a real NFL game & you still don't understand that he sucks? I guess the only way for any of you to get it is to put him in for 10 more 3 point games like last year in Atlanta and then you'll finally understand what McCarthy, Fewell & now Gailey have seen of this guy that the fans haven't to make them realize what a colossal bust he is. It used to be the most popular guy in town was the backup QB, here it seems the backup's backup is the most popular guy. Just take off the rose colored glasses & look at Brohm realistically & then maybe you will understand. The guy has never thrown a TD pass in 3 preseasons & a regular season game, but he has plenty of ints. He lacks accuracy unless he's throwing to a wide open receiver near the middle of the field. He doesn't complete long passes, about half his sideline passes are thrown out of bounds. His supporters can make all the excuses they want, but the only consistent thing he's done in 3 seasons, with 3 coaches has been to be inactive on gameday. The lone exception was when he was literally the last QB standing & Fewell was forced to start him in Atlanta. Perry Fewell, sfter seeing the debacle in Atlanta, did just about everything but kiss Fitzpatrick's ankle to get Fitzpatrick back for the Indy game rather than risk his career by starting Brohm again.

The only thing Brohm has done is play better than the dreadful Levi Brown in preseason.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I hope he did do that in so many words. With the CBA up in the air, the players have to be nervous.no laying down on the job this year for the players. lots of contracts ending league-wide this year. huge competition for jobs and contracts for next year. good year to experiment and see what you have. sucks for the fans, but we knew this team was lousy 3 months ago.

Well, I'm sure he did. I said that somewhat tongue-in-cheek. His plan is probably to evaluate the players during the season, while still trying to put a competitive team on the field. Clearly, that's hard to do, but he & Nix probably figure they're going to build their team and it won't take 1 year to put it all together.

And this might even be a good year to do this. Presuming the CBA gets done in time, there would be a ton of free agents that Gailey & Nix could choose from (ok, not realistically, but you get my point) to build the team they want.