Where did the slants go?

ShipUPride

Perhaps I believe that football is a simple game, coached by over-complex people...

But where were the 6 yard quick slants when 10 defenders were stacking the line?

Why don't we have a Stupar and Nelson (both tall) running 6 yard quick slant patterns on almost every play for when the blitz comes?

I just don't get it... football is simple, if a guy blitzes, that means there is a guy uncovered. Throw that the side the blitz is coming from.

Perhaps I believe that football is a simple game, coached by over-complex people...

But where were the 6 yard quick slants when 10 defenders were stacking the line?

Why don't we have a Stupar and Nelson (both tall) running 6 yard quick slant patterns on almost every play for when the blitz comes?

I just don't get it... football is simple, if a guy blitzes, that means there is a guy uncovered. Throw that the side the blitz is coming from.

But ya need a QB that can recognize this event and throw the ball versus run backwards to take a 20 yard loss

I'll second what Bills fan said. No play will work if the QB running it ignores the main objective of that play. I'm convinced that Edwards won't pull the trigger unless his receiver is open by at least 3 yards. I can't remember the last time he trusted a covered receiver to make a play.

Trent doesn't throw the slant or across the middle in general for that matter. Those patters require WRs to be on the move. Trent likes and throws to the old button hook stationary squat in coverage routes. The WR have to wait for their QB to figure out they were open and throw the ball hopefully before a defender closes on them getting a pick six only to have idiot fans say they should have fought harder for the ball or come back to help out their QB.

Edited by PDaDdy

what are you people talking about... that's all we run is slants!

no outs... no streak... no hooks... all slants into the middle. no wonder everyone looks covered to poor Trent. Chan should realize that "Open" to his QB means no DB in sight... which does not happen when you have 3WR's all running across the middle. another part of the problem is that Trent prefers the WR running the 4 yard slant and not the 15 yard slant. ugh.