Bills versus Packers

Bob in STL

I watched this game in a Sports Bar and it was painful. Here are some comments from the game today:

• The big debate seems to be whether the problem is Trent or the O-line? The answer is both. Trent will not make it through the season. We all hoped that Chan could help him make better decisions and help him get the ball down the field. So far we have not seen any improvement from last year. He may actually be worse. I cannot tell because the O-line is worse too. All I can tell for sure is that his days are numbered.

• O-line – this group is pathetic, one of the worst in Bills history. We all knew they needed tackles. From last season they lost Butler and Scott and replaced them with Green and Wang. So far that is a step backwards. Wood has not impressed me so far. I watch him closely, with binoculars, against Miami and he is not moving anyone. Levitre got hurt today and was replaced with Cordaro Howard. I actually saw Howard make a few nice blocks.

• Whitner dropped and interception that would have stopped Green Bay from getting 3 points. We have yet to force a turnover on defense.

• In the 2nd quarter, when Trent was called for intentional grounding we had momentum. It looked like Green Bay could have been called for helmet to helmet contact on Edwards on the same play.

• Lynch ran well in the 2nd quarter. By the fourth quarter the Packers were all over it. Not enough imagination in the game plan. What happened to playing two tailbacks and spreading them out?

• Short passes --- I think every defense knows that they are coming. Time to move on and ghet the ball deep to Evans and Nelson.

• On a 3rd and 2 Kelsey was asked to cover a WR who went deep. Andra Davis was abysmal in coverage as usual. Until we get some better linebackers 3rd down will be a challenge.

• Pass rush was nonexistent for the second week. Even blitzes are not working. Our DC better figure this out soon.

• Officiating – I thought that Edwards was pushed hard after he went out of bounds. He was pushed into a camera man and there was a big collision. No flag, no concern by the Bills. No Bills lineman coming to Trent’s rescue. Just try that with Tom Brady.

I watched this game on the internet (for free), and I have only one point,

We really suck. :sick:

We have no redeeming qualities. :wallbash:

It's embarrassing.:bag:

We could easily go 0 - 16 this year if we keep playing like this.:o

Okay, 4 points, but they are basically all the same.......:angry:

Edited by BB27

I watched this game on the internet (for free), and I have only one point,

We really suck. :sick:

We have no redeeming qualities. :wallbash:

It's embarrassing.:bag:

We could easily go 0 - 16 this year if we keep playing like this.:o

Okay, 4 points, but they are basically all the same.......:angry:

I understand your pain. Mostly,I thought we would be better prepared and make better adjustments.

Where is the glimmer of hope.

-Our LB's, except for Ellison, played horribly today.

-Kelsay can't cover.

-Davis had trouble covering.

-Davis had trouble tackling today.

-Florence looked kinda slow.

-Jackson should have run more.

-Spiller should of had more touches.

-Trent is abysmal. Don't care if the o-line gives little time or not. He got a nice 15+ yard

toss to Parrish in just a few seconds. He holds on to the ball too long and thinks the receiver

needs to be wide open to try a pass. He needs to understand "NFL open" which is just a small

window, not wide open.

-Stevie Johnson had his chance and missed.

I understand the Bills brain trust is rebuilding, but man, these guys have to play better. And,

bench Trent and start Brohm. Brohm is the only one that has any upside over Fitz and Edwards. Really,

what do we have to lose?