TIME TO HIRE AN Offensive Coordinator

Chuckknox

What's an OC gonna do other than call plays outta Chan's playbook? Granted, having an extra coach might lighten the workload on the existing coaches, but so what? I'm not too optimistic that being able to devote MORE time to preparation is gonna solve anything.

I'll concede that our offense looks more "innovative" than what we've seen over the last few yrs, but its appears equally or perhaps even more inept.

To what extent it's personnel &/or scheme IDK. I don't know that if you FREQUENTLY fail to make effective blocks on multiple defenders, it makes it very difficult to be productive.

What's an OC gonna do other than call plays outta Chan's playbook? Granted, having an extra coach might lighten the workload on the existing coaches, but so what? I'm not too optimistic that being able to devote MORE time to preparation is gonna solve anything.

I'll concede that our offense looks more "innovative" than what we've seen over the last few yrs, but its appears equally or perhaps even more inept.

To what extent it's personnel &/or scheme IDK. I don't know that if you FREQUENTLY fail to make effective blocks on multiple defenders, it makes it very difficult to be productive.

I know that our players are making errors, but at what point do we not say "hey, who's coaching these guys to play like this?" I think Chan has been far too permissive with Trent and he is simply an enabler; allowing TE to be the passive, scared QB we all know he is. Coaching needs to answer for the way the last two games have gone as much as the players. Check-downs and ball-less play calling go hand-in-hand.

Edited by VanCity

They said he was an offensive guru?

Georgia Tech 1999 Offense (pre-Gailey) - #1 in the nation

Georgia Tech 2002 Offense (Chan's 1st year) - 57th in the nation

Georgia Tech 2003 Offense (Chan's 2nd year) - 94th in the nation

A guru, or just offensive??? Discuss...

"Damn it all to hell!!!

I thought running it on

3rd & 20 would work!!!!"

post-2970-069049700 1284939632_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Chan is an offensive genius who was kind enough to enlist an understudy like Curtis Modkins. Then again, Belichick doesn't have an OC or DC. Does that make Chan half as good as BB? ;)

If Chan really was an offensive genius, then why was he fired last season as OC and wasn't rehired until the Bills offered him a job. will you still call this guy a genius after the Bills lose another 10 games?

Belichick does have both an OC and DC, trust me as good as he is, he isn't calling both offensive and defensive plays, he just didn't give them titles because other teams keep stealing his coordinators

They said he was an offensive guru?

Georgia Tech 1999 Offense (pre-Gailey) - #1 in the nation

Georgia Tech 2002 Offense (Chan's 1st year) - 57th in the nation

Georgia Tech 2003 Offense (Chan's 2nd year) - 94th in the nation

A guru, or just offensive??? Discuss...

"Damn it all to hell!!!

I thought running it on

3rd & 20 would work!!!!"

hahhahahahahhahahahhaahahahahaha