WGRF vs WGR55 pre-game

Buftex

Hey all WNY'ers. As a displaced Bills fan in Texas, I was wondering, which station has the better Bills radio pre-game, and post-game show...WGRF 97 Rock or WGR55? I don't mean for this to turn into an "they both suck, Jeremy is an a-hole, Sully sucks" kind of thing...we get enough of those. Just wondering which you prefer?

Hey all WNY'ers. As a displaced Bills fan in Texas, I was wondering, which station has the better Bills radio pre-game, and post-game show...WGRF 97 Rock or WGR55? I don't mean for this to turn into an "they both suck, Jeremy is an a-hole, Sully sucks" kind of thing...we get enough of those. Just wondering which you prefer?

For pregame, I prefer 97 Rock. More analysis, fewer phone calls, less whining about how bad the team is etc. For postgame, I want to hear the coach & QB press conference, but then I do not want to hear all the guys in the locker room being interviewed, so I'll switch to WGR until the locker room stuff ends on WGRF. WGR's postgame stuff lasts longer, so eventually I end up back on WGR55 by the end of the day. Pretty soon, when they change the clocks, if I'm at the game I'll lose WGR sooner since I can't switch to another station further east & still get postgame coverage. Today I'm home listening to the pregame & postgame on the internet. The local Albany station doesn't do much pregame & doesn't do any postgame so on days like today, it's all internet pre & post game for me.

I prefer GR55 because it is less of a cheerleader for the team, but the flip side of that is that the hosts can get a little TOO negative. But 97Rock's coverage isn't bad.

Post-game, it's 55 all the way for me, because Schopp is hilarious when he gets a caller who is completely wasted.

Haha, likewise, loved the calls last week ripping "Stan Gainey".

I listen to me on WECK 1230 AM (www.weck1230.com). Then again, I have no choice because I'm talking (11-1 live from Hucklebuckets in Amherst's Northtown Plaza)

Cheap plugs are where I live because I don't have a lot of money.

LOL. The invoice is in the mail. ;)

Webcasts:

WECK - http://lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/scripts/player.aspx?call=weck&title=Hometown%201230%20WECK

WGR - http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WGR

97 Rock - http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/citadel/?sid=2936&nid=2920

Or check out yourmuze.fm, which is also great for smartphones. 97 Rock even has its own app: http://www.97rock.com/Article.asp?id=1893845&spid=21992

I listen to me on WECK 1230 AM (www.weck1230.com). Then again, I have no choice because I'm talking (11-1 live from Hucklebuckets in Amherst's Northtown Plaza)

Cheap plugs are where I live because I don't have a lot of money.

Nick, as promised, I listened, from about 12 to about 1230. Your guest at noon, a guy from Bills Digest or something like that, was ok. But just ok. (That's the guest, not you.) Your next, someone named Sara(h), was uninteresting even for someone in Washington (Sara(h) is a Redskins fan).

It cannot be easy for a young guy braking into the biz. You weren't bad at all; I'll give you another listen, but please, take more calls, or line up some folks that won't make me want to snooze.

Nick, as promised, I listened, from about 12 to about 1230. Your guest at noon, a guy from Bills Digest or something like that, was ok. But just ok. (That's the guest, not you.) Your next, someone named Sara(h), was uninteresting even for someone in Washington (Sara(h) is a Redskins fan).

It cannot be easy for a young guy braking into the biz. You weren't bad at all; I'll give you another listen, but please, take more calls, or line up some folks that won't make me want to snooze.

Nick - is there any chance you can do a postgame instead of a pregame show? I'd like an alternative to player interviews on 97 and even though I'm one of the few S&B fans on here, I don't think they are very good on Sunday postgames.