Can Paladino help the Bills

coldstorage5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the way you're thinking. And, I presume you're thinking public money (welfare) to do something with the stadium. That ain't gonna fly with him. He campaigned on cutting spending by 20% and cutting taxes by 10%. Let the Bills build their own stadium if they want a new one. A super Walmart brings in more coin to the area than they do. Paladino probably won't even carry the vote in Buffalo in the govenor's race, If Buffalo's history holds true to form. In the past 60 years they've elected a democratic mayor all but 12 years. 1965 was the last time that Buffalo had a mayor other than a democrat... sort of coinciding with the Bills downturn. I ask the Buffalo community, how's theat worked out for you?

The best thing Paladino will do for New York... and Buffalo is take these bastards in Albany to task... stop spending, make NY business friendly... give businesses a reason to move here, and kick the crap out of public unions that suck the money out of the working class. That will bring jobs and prosperity back to NY. But, of course, Barnum said it best. "There's a sucker born every minute". Translation... NY will elect Andrew (Mario Jr.) "Status" Cuomo.

I partly agree with you, but you gotta walk that line very carefully - without unions, there would not have been a middle class worth counting. I know they get besides themselves sometimes, but 'free' markets don't create middle classes - they create a small aristocracy and large peasant classes. No worker power, no worker pay.

Cuomo? Yea we need another career politician running this state. I say screw every politician that never had a real job. We need people that have made their own way in life that have something to give back. Not more of the same Democrat/Republican BS. Carl has my vote just for that reason.

There really is nothing wrong with career politicans, what is wrong is politicians being beholden to lobbyists and other special interests. Some people will go to DC, shout loud, and get NOTHING done.

Can this loose cannon guy, help the Bills? What is his stance on the Bills ( relocation/Stadium)?

My guess is that Paladino would love to relocate the Bills so he can build on that premium land! I guess we can add football stadiums to Rodney Dangerfields great quote in Caddyshack... "Cemetery's and golf courses what a waste of prime real estate". I'm sure that wasn't verbatim but still a great quote from a great movie. Paladino does remind me of Al Cervik!!! :lol:

(And now that we've established that Jimmy was much more a Republican than Democrat, I'd like to point out that he presided over 4 consecutive Buffalo Bills Superbowl seasons! )

I stand corrected. that makes it Dems ruled Buffalo for 16 of the past 60 years, not 12. Jimmy may have been the most entertaining.

I haven't read through the entire thread so maybe someone has raised the name of Frank Sedita.