Bills/TE Are The Worst NOT

yungmack

I was most definitely disappointed with the Bills game Sunday. Any true Bills fans would have been. But please step back from the Niagara Gorge, some of you. Your tunnel vision is blinding you to what's going on elsewhere. I watched four games in addition to the Bills, and watched the highlight shows (BTW, Directv was free on Sunday) and as dismal as the Bills and TE were, they were hardly alone.

First off, and most obvious, was Miami. This is a team the "experts" figured to make a run for at least the AFCE championship? If so, then the Bills must be pretty darn good (which they're not). And how 'bout them Super Bowl-contending Jets? The rap today is that it was all about Sanchez. Not to these weary old eyes. Both the Phins and the Jets were just as overrated as so many on this board said they were.

Did the Vikes (9 points) look like world-beaters? Broncos (17)? Falcons (9)? Raiders (13)? Niners (6)? Rams (13)? Cowboys (7)? Skins (13)? Ravens (10)? Browns (14)? Steelers (15)? Lions (14)? Bears (19)? Panthers (18)? Even the Colts looked overmatched.

And how about all those QBs who are supposedly so much better than TE. Let's start with Sunday's game and Chad Henne. Then Sanchez. Jay Cutler. Cassel. Anderson. Josh Freeman. Kevin Kolb. Dixon. Matt Moore. Romo. Smith. Ryan. Orton. I am not making excuses for His Awfulness, just pointing out that he's far, far from alone in today's NFL.

Look, the Bills are hardly a great team, and Trent Edwards is not on a trajectory to make the HOF. But at the same time, they and he are not the worst in the league either. They're in the middle of the pack, a so-so team...just as we all thought they were. I saw a lot of things that need fixing. And if I saw them, you can bet Gailey saw them and much more, and I believe he will correct the ones that are fixable over the coming weeks.

It's hardly time to despair, especially when you get a little perspective on the other teams out there. Most are mediocre (QBs included) and the Bills fit right in there. Chill, my little penguins.

I was most definitely disappointed with the Bills game Sunday. Any true Bills fans would have been. But please step back from the Niagara Gorge, some of you. Your tunnel vision is blinding you to what's going on elsewhere. I watched four games in addition to the Bills, and watched the highlight shows (BTW, Directv was free on Sunday) and as dismal as the Bills and TE were, they were hardly alone.

First off, and most obvious, was Miami. This is a team the "experts" figured to make a run for at least the AFCE championship? If so, then the Bills must be pretty darn good (which they're not). And how 'bout them Super Bowl-contending Jets? The rap today is that it was all about Sanchez. Not to these weary old eyes. Both the Phins and the Jets were just as overrated as so many on this board said they were.

Did the Vikes (9 points) look like world-beaters? Broncos (17)? Falcons (9)? Raiders (13)? Niners (6)? Rams (13)? Cowboys (7)? Skins (13)? Ravens (10)? Browns (14)? Steelers (15)? Lions (14)? Bears (19)? Panthers (18)? Even the Colts looked overmatched.

And how about all those QBs who are supposedly so much better than TE. Let's start with Sunday's game and Chad Henne. Then Sanchez. Jay Cutler. Cassel. Anderson. Josh Freeman. Kevin Kolb. Dixon. Matt Moore. Romo. Smith. Ryan. Orton. I am not making excuses for His Awfulness, just pointing out that he's far, far from alone in today's NFL.

Look, the Bills are hardly a great team, and Trent Edwards is not on a trajectory to make the HOF. But at the same time, they and he are not the worst in the league either. They're in the middle of the pack, a so-so team...just as we all thought they were. I saw a lot of things that need fixing. And if I saw them, you can bet Gailey saw them and much more, and I believe he will correct the ones that are fixable over the coming weeks.

It's hardly time to despair, especially when you get a little perspective on the other teams out there. Most are mediocre (QBs included) and the Bills fit right in there. Chill, my little penguins.

While the Bills offense was offensive, the rest of the team looked really good. Defense & Special Teams played really well. Special Teams tightened things up from preseason and did not let any returns for big yards. The defense did a great job. They held the Dolphins to 13 points, kept the Miami run game in check and contained Brandon Marshall. Now, it's on Gailey to get the offense going. Let's see if he can make the right adjustments, like he did in preseason from the Skins to Colts games.

We had the least offensive yardage out of any team by the numbers, we had more "3 and Out" scenarios than any other team by the numbers, our time of posession was less than any other team in the NFL this past week, and you try to claim that were not the worst team of the lot offensively in week 1? Yes there were some bland games out there in week 1, but none of those other teams had quite the ineptitude on offense that the Bills had. My hat is completely off to George Edwards and the defense for even keeping that game close. Last year's team would've given up 2 touchdowns to top it off in the 4th. Our defense held it together despite being on the field almost a full quarter longer than the offense. We made the media and chatter-boxes look like they actually knew what they were talking about in week 1. I only hope that Gailey can get the offense going from here on out.

We had the least offensive yardage out of any team by the numbers, we had more "3 and Out" scenarios than any other team by the numbers, our time of posession was less than any other team in the NFL this past week, and you try to claim that were not the worst team of the lot offensively in week 1? Yes there were some bland games out there in week 1, but none of those other teams had quite the ineptitude on offense that the Bills had. My hat is completely off to George Edwards and the defense for even keeping that game close. Last year's team would've given up 2 touchdowns to top it off in the 4th. Our defense held it together despite being on the field almost a full quarter longer than the offense. We made the media and chatter-boxes look like they actually knew what they were talking about in week 1. I only hope that Gailey can get the offense going from here on out.

Right. Also, the Bills had zero possessions in the red zone. The Fish had just 2, which reflects the D's performance (although Miami converted almost half its 3rd downs). I believe Gailey will adjust and get some production from this crew, but I also think the Bills are in the bottom 25% of the league, easily.

Right. Also, the Bills had zero possessions in the red zone. The Fish had just 2, which reflects the D's performance (although Miami converted almost half its 3rd downs). I believe Gailey will adjust and get some production from this crew, but I also think the Bills are in the bottom 25% of the league, easily.

I think Gailey's eyes were opened to 1.) how inept the OL is in terms of ability to run block and pass block and 2.) how TE looks when he gets hit early and then is a total wreck for the rest of the game. Practices and preseason games did not show Gailey this. I think Gailey thought he could just game plan to take what Miami gave us (pass game and some counter runs with everyone on D stacked to stop the run). What Gailey saw was what we all saw, the OL just couldn't stop penetration on almost every play and TE looked nervous and nearly totally lacking in poise.

So I am curious to see what Gailey comes up with this week, now that he has seen the serious offensive deficiencies. I expect he WILL find some plan to make the offense generate something. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what he comes up with against a great GB team on the road.

I would take ANY one of them over Trent Edwards!

The fact you are comparing half of them to Edwards shows your football IQ level is not very high!