rebuilding still

HARCO186

Just maybe Chan and Buddy are rebuilding this team.

1. They really saw just one or two good tackles in the draft so they went with the best person when they drafted CJ.

2. Trent is only here now until we have an established o-line that won’t get our new qb of the future killed. (either Brohm or Brown or Locker, Mallet).

3. Just maybe the new management decided not to take a risk on a qb for the franchise of the future because they knew they had to build a team first then go get a leader.

4. Not far off means to Chan that we are this far???? What the hell does not far off mean? A left and right tackle? A qb? A few linebackers? 11 new stars on offense and defense? What is not far off mean Chan?

This is the only reasoning I can come up with. I AM EATING MY WORDS BECAUSE I THOUGHT CHAN COULD CHANGE TRENT. I did believe that he could do so until I saw the first drive. I was very surprised not to see Trent shaking. He looked out of place and was out of it the whole time. It has come down to the point that Trent is not the guy the team needs. It’s not that he is a bad guy, but the NFL is a business that most of us fans want to see win. If one was to have a business that has an executive that was running the company and he choked every time he had to confront the board, how long would that person be an executive? In the NFL one doesn’t win by being nice, Trent simply choked. Chan choked too. How in the world does he not put a TE in there to assist the blocking? We gave up 3 sacks today, but also picked up 3 so call that even play. The line needed help, and using a two TE set only helps seeing the fins had ten guys up within 12 yds of the ball almost all game. Watch the footage and see. They even said the fins were playing up because they know Buffalo won’t throw deep. This would explain why we couldn’t get the running game going because when 10 guys are in the box and five are for blocking, you do the math. This solely falls on Chan for the game planning. If Chan seen this and has a qb that wont throw deep, then next week better have a 2 TE set to help pick up a blitz, or help some lineman who is not pulling their weight. What do you think?

2. Trent is only here now until we have an established o-line that won’t get our new qb of the future killed. (either Brohm or Brown or Locker, Mallet).

Your boys Buddy and Chan cut Levi Brown, bro. I think that takes him out of QB of the Future conversations.

One of my biggest gripes about the Bills is they never seem to be in serious rebuilding mode and they never seem to be in kick it up a notch going for the playoff mode- they always seem to be in lets just try to be good enough to get the suckers filling seats mode, Ralph's mantra is I just want to be competitive, he's the guy shooting for a C who says oh well I didn't fail when he gets a D-.

The only positive from yesterday is that Washington got a victory over Dallas with a new quality HC and A quality experienced QB disproving all this .."well we need to develop" and "we're a couple seasons away". All we needed was something we didn't get...something we put up billboards to convey. But what the hell do we know, we're just the piss poor fans of this BS franchise. :thumbdown:

I think it's definitely a fact that Trent is just the guy "for now", unless he really turns it around at some point this season which I doubt. He's auditioning for an extension--- this is his last year of his his rookie contract, after all. If Chan and Buddy truly felt at this point that Trent was the QB beyond this season they would have already extended him.

You're dead on about the tackles in this year's draft--- Nix stated in the Buffalo News last week that they would've taken either Trent Williams or Russel Okung if they were available, but obviously they were both gone by the time the Bills picked at 9. No other tackle has shown much yet but that doesn't mean there won't be a sleeper from 2010 that turns into a stud.

To rebuild you need to start bringing talent in other than a draft. I think Buddy hasn't done that. His idea of rebuilding with the draft ONLY will take this team 10 more years of losing. I don't believe it's a policy that will work in today's game.

The only positive from yesterday is that Washington got a victory over Dallas with a new quality HC and A quality experienced QB disproving all this .."well we need to develop" and "we're a couple seasons away". All we needed was something we didn't get...something we put up billboards to convey. But what the hell do we know, we're just the piss poor fans of this BS franchise. :thumbdown:

Look, I love McNabb, but lets be realistic here. Their offense didn't put any points on the board, their defense played well, much like ours, and McNabb's 15-32 didn't have anything to do with Dallas losing that game.

Interestingly enough, Dallas lost because of a bad coaching decision, followed by a horrible decision by Tashard Choice once he got the ball. Lets be serious here, Shanahan's coaching had nothing to do with that win, and honestly, looking at the stats, there is very little difference between our game and the Skins game. We played a team that didn't make a stupid mistake, and that is all.

well, we MIGHT get the #1 pick. that will net us a franchise QB OR the next biggest bust of all time

then, someone MAY trade for our 33rd pick and gives up a future #1 and a 4th or so

and then we may find ourselves in a position where we, like the effing,cheating, pats*, are all the time. having kind of 5 picks in the top 100.

and THEN we can rebuild through the draft ^^

Actually, Washington's victory had little to do with the play of McNabb, or quality coaching for that matter (not to say that Shanahan isn't a quality coach or that I wouldn't want him coaching our team), - and more to do with an opportunistic defense (won't say good cause they gave up almost 400 yards) and mistakes/poor play of Dallas at critical times. Actually, Washington didn't look much better than the Bills - but a "W" tends to temper the criticism.