Wide Receivers

Wooderson

If your quarterback is rolling to the outside after the pocket collapses, do you think it wise to just sit at the end of your route when you're not open or would it be smart to keep moving to space that might be open?

I swear almost every time Trent was rolling out, there was at least one receiver just standing by the sideline rather than running up field or at least trying to make something happen. Maybe it's just me, but it frustrated the hell out of me yesterday.

If your quarterback is rolling to the outside after the pocket collapses, do you think it wise to just sit at the end of your route when you're not open or would it be smart to keep moving to space that might be open?

I swear almost every time Trent was rolling out, there was at least one receiver just standing by the sideline rather than running up field or at least trying to make something happen. Maybe it's just me, but it frustrated the hell out of me yesterday.

Agree. On that one that was just out of reach of Evans, Evans was just kind of drifting across the field when he needed to be moving TOWARD Trent instead.

Agree. On that one that was just out of reach of Evans, Evans was just kind of drifting across the field when he needed to be moving TOWARD Trent instead.

I was just going to post a thread comparing Evans vs Brandon Marshall. I think yesterday proved that difference in a true #1 WR in Marshall vs the "one" we have in Evans. Truth is Evans isn't one and the sooner we realize this the sooner the offense might turn things around. As Henne and Edwards put up similar stats yesterday the only diffence is Henne had Marshall who outside of receiving was also a pretty good blocker on a highlighted run when he lit up Donte Whitner.

I was just going to post a thread comparing Evans vs Brandon Marshall. I think yesterday proved that difference in a true #1 WR in Marshall vs the "one" we have in Evans. Truth is Evans isn't one and the sooner we realize this the sooner the offense might turn things around. As Henne and Edwards put up similar stats yesterday the only diffence is Henne had Marshall who outside of receiving was also a pretty good blocker on a highlighted run when he lit up Donte Whitner.

Some truth to this, I think Evans is still a solid receiver - he is just too small to help out Trent and this offense, which seems to rely on short outs and passes to the flat exclusively. This offense just screams for a dominant Tight End, of which we have none, figures....

Some truth to this, I think Evans is still a solid receiver - he is just too small to help out Trent and this offense, which seems to rely on short outs and passes to the flat exclusively. This offense just screams for a dominant Tight End, of which we have none, figures....

Edwards was looking for Nelson often as he seemed to provide the necessary mismatch with the nickel cornerback. I see Nelson being added to the mix more frequently. The line has to pass protect better.