With Cincy and Cleveland coming up...

mtdoak

I just wanted to give everyone a quick reminder that, not only must Buffalo win these games, but beating two Ohio teams is a moral victory. Why? Well, lets start the list...

Why I hate Ohio:

#1. Ohio Drivers. I've said it before. Two inches of snow on Ohio roads is 10 times more dangerous than 10 inches in Buffalo. People here are afraid of the snow, combine that with the statewide epidemic of terrible driving during nice whether and underfunded road crews, even in the Cleveland area, you have a recipe for a horrible experience everytime it snows.

#2. Ohio Inferiority Complex. Almost everytime I bring up my complaints about the Buckeye state with an Ohioian, they take a serious amount of offense, usually telling me that 'What can you do in NY that you can't do in Ohio?' I normally rattle off a list of about 20 things without even thinking, which just gets an angry/confused response from them. When it comes to sports, a few examples I like to bring up. Such as, the Columbus Blue Jackets like to think of the Detroit Red Wings as their rival. Ask any Red Wings fans what he thinks of the CBJ/Red Wings 'rivalry' they just laugh. Don't rivalry's have to be more than just one sided? Ask a Michigan fan who their chief rival is....guess what the answer is. MSU. NOT OSU. Unless of course you ask a Michigan fan who has lived in Ohio their whole life, which for some reason their seems to be an unhealthy number of. The reason the OSU/Michigan rivalry gets played up so much? The Ohioians.

#3. Ohio climate. I like to describe Ohio as the 'combination of all the bad parts of the north and south', and not just in weather. You have droves of Nascar inbreds down here, but no southern hospitality or southern belles. You have a winter full of cold rain, but few snow accumulations, more ice and slush. Between Sept. and May, you have alternating 60 degree days and 30 degree days. Ohio has taken fall, winter, and spring and combined them into one freakish season. To quote Lewis Black "Its not weather...its malaria"

#4. And finally, let me say this. For the 5 months leading up to election, Ohio received what some have described as the 'biggest political blowjob' in history. Ohioians were told how important they are, and how the office of president will take care of Ohio if you vote for so and so. However, since the election, you have not heard one peep about Ohio in ANY major news station. As a matter of fact, I have deemed it the safest place to live, simply because I don't think many people woud care if a terrorist blew up half the state.

Please Buffalo, kick the sh-- out of the Ohio football teams. Why such a crappy state has two NFL teams, I don't know. But i hate it here, and nothing would make me happier than to mock all the sh-- eating buckeye fans till i'm blue in the face. This place is truly the crap hole of america. I want to wear my Andre Reed jersey to a local bar and patronize them all. I want to remind them that, even if OSU can get lucky once every 50 years, there will never be an Ohio based super bowl champion. Never.

What part of Ohio? I agree with a lot of what you say, but one benefit of living near Toledo is an average annual snowfall of around 36 inches.

148062[/snapback]

Miami Valley area. Eck eck.

Miami Valley area.  Eck eck.

148069[/snapback]

You have my sympathy. I really miss Western New York. My favorite part of living in Toledo is how the people here have such a conflict between Ohio State and Michigan fans. It gets pretty vicious. I sure do agree with your Nascar comment... what a joke.

I just wanted to give everyone a quick reminder that, not only must Buffalo win these games, but beating two Ohio teams is a moral victory.  Why?  Well, lets start the list...

Why I hate Ohio:

#1. Ohio Drivers.  I've said it before.  Two inches of snow on Ohio roads is 10 times more dangerous than 10 inches in Buffalo.   People here are afraid of the snow, combine that with the statewide epidemic of terrible driving during nice whether and underfunded road crews, even in the Cleveland area, you have a recipe for a horrible experience everytime it snows.

#2. Ohio Inferiority Complex.  Almost everytime I bring up my complaints about the Buckeye state with an Ohioian, they take a serious amount of offense, usually telling me that 'What can you do in NY that you can't do in Ohio?'  I normally rattle off a list of about 20 things without even thinking, which just gets an angry/confused response from them.  When it comes to sports, a few examples I like to bring up.  Such as, the Columbus Blue Jackets like to think of the Detroit Red Wings as their rival.  Ask any Red Wings fans what he thinks of the CBJ/Red Wings 'rivalry' they just laugh.  Don't rivalry's have to be more than just one sided?  Ask a Michigan fan who their chief rival is....guess what the answer is.  MSU.  NOT OSU.  Unless of course you ask a Michigan fan who has lived in Ohio their whole life, which for some reason their seems to be an  unhealthy number of.  The reason the OSU/Michigan rivalry gets played up so much?  The Ohioians. 

#3. Ohio climate.  I like to describe Ohio as the 'combination of all the bad parts of the north and south', and not just in weather.  You have droves of Nascar inbreds down here, but no southern hospitality or southern belles.  You have a winter full of cold rain, but few snow accumulations, more ice and slush.  Between Sept. and May, you have alternating 60 degree days and 30 degree days.  Ohio has taken fall, winter, and spring and combined them into one freakish season.  To quote Lewis Black "Its not weather...its malaria"

#4. And finally, let me say this.  For the 5 months leading up to election, Ohio received what some have described as the 'biggest political blowjob' in history.  Ohioians were told how important they are, and how the office of president will take care of Ohio if you vote for so and so.  However, since the election, you have not heard one peep about Ohio in ANY major news station.  As a matter of fact, I have deemed it the safest place to live, simply because I don't think many people woud care if a terrorist blew up half the state. 

Please Buffalo, kick the sh-- out of the Ohio football teams.  Why such a crappy state has two NFL teams, I don't know.  But i hate it here, and nothing would make me happier than to mock all the sh-- eating buckeye fans till i'm blue in the face.  This place is truly the crap hole of america.  I want to wear my Andre Reed jersey to a local bar and patronize them all.  I want to remind them that, even if OSU can get lucky once every 50 years, there will never be an Ohio based super bowl champion.  Never.

148054[/snapback]

OK, it's time for a response from a 30-year Ohioan:

1) You may very well be right about Ohio drivers, but if you live in the part of the state where it gets the most snow (ie, east of Cleveland), they know how to deal with it and it gets much better.

2) I don't think anyone from WNY has any right to cast aspersions regarding inferiority complexes to anyone else.

3) You're right on the 60/30 alternation during the winter, but the NASCAR smack rings a bit hollow to us in the NE part of the state. The farther south you go, the more that might be true, but I maintain that the nicest and best people in Ohio can be found anywhere south of Canton.

4) I have always doubted whether a terrorist could even find Ohio on a map, much less try to blow it up. And if you hate it here, you could always go back to the high taxes, corrupt governments, and even worse weather in WNY.

Mike

OK, it's time for a response from a 30-year Ohioan:

1)  You may very well be right about Ohio drivers, but if you live in the part of the state where it gets the most snow (ie, east of Cleveland), they know how to deal with it and it gets much better.

2)  I don't think anyone from WNY has any right to cast aspersions regarding inferiority complexes to anyone else.

3)  You're right on the 60/30 alternation during the winter, but the NASCAR smack rings a bit hollow to us in the NE part of the state.  The farther south you go, the more that might be true, but I maintain that the nicest and best people in Ohio can be found anywhere south of Canton.

4)  I have always doubted whether a terrorist could even find Ohio on a map, much less try to blow it up.  And if you hate it here, you could always go back to the high taxes, corrupt governments, and even worse weather in WNY.

Mike

148178[/snapback]

Cleveland road crews are downright shameful when it comes to cleaning the major highways, believe me, I know, I almost got killed coming back to OH from thanksgiving break 2 years ago. All salt and no plow.

And your right, as soon as I'm done with school, I'm going to go back to the beautiful winters, rolling hills, blue collar WNY/CNY. Sure, there are higher taxes, but Niagra Falls, NYC, the adirondack mountains, and of course, Beloved Buffalo sports teams. If you want to talk about Corrupt gov'ts, you'd better leave Ohio out of the picture. Whens the last time a NY senator got kicked out of the senate? And inferiority complexes? To who? Toronto? Western PA? The only people that WNY could be jealous of is NYC, and its really apples to oranges when you compare the two. I love NY!! (cue cheesy music here....)

As a Buckeye from day one, go Bills, but mtdoak can blow me.

;)

148188[/snapback]

As a bills fan, you are miles ahead of the average ohioian. However, as this is your primary residence, I will have to share with you my opinion:

Anyone with an Ohio license plate and a handicapped sticker is reeking of redundency.

And Go Bills.

I'll give you props for you wittiness.

However, yer almost too witty fer ma inbred mind ta understand.

;)

Feel free to come down to Cincy for the Bills/Bengals game on Dec. 19 - there will be several of your native New Yorkers here that you can reminisce with.. I'm not sure where you are, but if you're in Ohio, you can't be more than a 3-4 hour drive.

As a bills fan, you are miles ahead of the average ohioian.  However, as this is your primary residence, I will have to share with you my opinion:

Anyone with an Ohio license plate and a handicapped sticker is reeking of redundency.

And Go Bills.

148241[/snapback]

And what are you doing in the Miami Valley area in the first place?

And what are you doing in the Miami Valley area in the first place?

148251[/snapback]

Going to school. By my sophmore year I realized my mistake, but the dumb schools credits have a hell of a time transferring. Espically to NYS schools.

I'll give you props for you wittiness.

However, yer almost too witty fer ma inbred mind ta understand.

;)

Feel free to come down to Cincy for the Bills/Bengals game on Dec. 19 - there will be several of your native New Yorkers here that you can reminisce with..  I'm not sure where you are, but if you're in Ohio, you can't be more than a 3-4 hour drive.

148248[/snapback]

any tix left? I have been seriously considering it, however, given the expense of a NFL ticket and the meager earnings of a College student, its not looking good.

I just wanted to give everyone a quick reminder that, not only must Buffalo win these games, but beating two Ohio teams is a moral victory.  Why?  Well, lets start the list...

Why I hate Ohio:

#1. Ohio Drivers.  I've said it before.  Two inches of snow on Ohio roads is 10 times more dangerous than 10 inches in Buffalo.  People here are afraid of the snow, combine that with the statewide epidemic of terrible driving during nice whether and underfunded road crews, even in the Cleveland area, you have a recipe for a horrible experience everytime it snows.

#2. Ohio Inferiority Complex.  Almost everytime I bring up my complaints about the Buckeye state with an Ohioian, they take a serious amount of offense, usually telling me that 'What can you do in NY that you can't do in Ohio?'  I normally rattle off a list of about 20 things without even thinking, which just gets an angry/confused response from them.  When it comes to sports, a few examples I like to bring up.  Such as, the Columbus Blue Jackets like to think of the Detroit Red Wings as their rival.  Ask any Red Wings fans what he thinks of the CBJ/Red Wings 'rivalry' they just laugh.  Don't rivalry's have to be more than just one sided?  Ask a Michigan fan who their chief rival is....guess what the answer is.  MSU.  NOT OSU.  Unless of course you ask a Michigan fan who has lived in Ohio their whole life, which for some reason their seems to be an  unhealthy number of.  The reason the OSU/Michigan rivalry gets played up so much?  The Ohioians. 

#3. Ohio climate.  I like to describe Ohio as the 'combination of all the bad parts of the north and south', and not just in weather.  You have droves of Nascar inbreds down here, but no southern hospitality or southern belles.  You have a winter full of cold rain, but few snow accumulations, more ice and slush.  Between Sept. and May, you have alternating 60 degree days and 30 degree days.  Ohio has taken fall, winter, and spring and combined them into one freakish season.  To quote Lewis Black "Its not weather...its malaria"

#4. And finally, let me say this.  For the 5 months leading up to election, Ohio received what some have described as the 'biggest political blowjob' in history.  Ohioians were told how important they are, and how the office of president will take care of Ohio if you vote for so and so.  However, since the election, you have not heard one peep about Ohio in ANY major news station.  As a matter of fact, I have deemed it the safest place to live, simply because I don't think many people woud care if a terrorist blew up half the state. 

Please Buffalo, kick the sh-- out of the Ohio football teams.  Why such a crappy state has two NFL teams, I don't know.  But i hate it here, and nothing would make me happier than to mock all the sh-- eating buckeye fans till i'm blue in the face.  This place is truly the crap hole of america.  I want to wear my Andre Reed jersey to a local bar and patronize them all.  I want to remind them that, even if OSU can get lucky once every 50 years, there will never be an Ohio based super bowl champion.  Never.

148054[/snapback]

Having lived in Ohio for the last two years, I do not express any of your sentiments (except #2--OSU/MI is a much bigger rivalry for Ohioans. You're right about that).

The one complaint I do have with the state, however, is the stupid license plate slogan: "Birthplace of Aviation." WHY? North Carolina is where the Wright Bros. took off from--that's the birthplace of aviation. Just because the Wright bros. were born in Ohio, Ohio shouldn't claim aviation as its own. What's the next preposterous claim? "Ohio: we invented the question mark"?? ;)

I am reminded of an old John Denver song I think some here may appreciate. It was originally called Saturday Night in Toledo, Ohio.

Saturday night in Toledo, Ohio, is like being nowhere at all

All through the day how the hours rush by

You sit in the park and you watch the grass die

Ah, but after the sunset, the dusk and the twilight

When shadows of night start to fall

They roll back the sidewalks precisely at ten

And people who live there are not seen again

Just two lonely truckers from Great Falls, Montana

And a salesman from places unknown

Oh add all together in downtown Toledo

To spend their big night all alone

You ask how I know of Toledo, Ohio

Well I spent a week there one day

They've got entertainment to dazzle your eyes

Go visit the bakery and watch the buns rise

Ah, but let's not forget that the folks of Toledo

Unselfishly gave us the scales

"No springs, honest weight," that's the promise they made

So smile and be thankful next time you get weighed

And wive and wet wive

Let this be our motto

Let's let the sleeping dogs lie

And here's to the dogs of Toledo, Ohio

Ladies, we bid you goodbye

Why I hate Ohio:

#1. Ohio Drivers.  I've said it before.  Two inches of snow on Ohio roads is 10 times more dangerous than 10 inches in Buffalo.  People here are afraid of the snow, combine that with the statewide epidemic of terrible driving during nice whether and underfunded road crews, even in the Cleveland area, you have a recipe for a horrible experience everytime it snows.

148054[/snapback]

That would apply to Philly just as well. One of the reasons I'm rooting against the Eagles.

any tix left?  I have been seriously considering it, however, given the expense of a NFL ticket and the meager earnings of a College student, its not looking good.

148297[/snapback]

Tickets -are- still available, but I can't imagine that they will be much longer with both Cincy and Buffalo still (mathematically) in the game.

Why I hate Ohio:

#1. Ohio Drivers.  I've said it before.  Two inches of snow on Ohio roads is 10 times more dangerous than 10 inches in Buffalo.   People here are afraid of the snow, combine that with the statewide epidemic of terrible driving during nice whether and underfunded road crews, even in the Cleveland area, you have a recipe for a horrible experience everytime it snows.

148054[/snapback]

After living in NY, TX, and NC before moving to OH, I have to take exception to some of your comments concerning the comparison on WNY to OH.

#1. Ohio Drivers. When I was in WNY twice this past summer, I saw much more reckless driving in WNY than OH. In fact, I compared it to the NCIR (North Carolina International Raceway - I40/I85). In the Columbus area, the roads are cleared fairly well. I agree WNY does a better job, but hey, they are better equipped.

#2. Ohio Inferiority Complex. In the public's eye, yes, Detroit is the CBJ's rival. Why? Because OH hates anything related to MI. Ask any player and Nashville is the rival. And I have asked quite a few to know this.

#3. Ohio climate. I beg to differ here big time. You mean to say that WNY's weather is much better than Ohio. They are pretty much the same thing. If the summer's are like they were this past one, I'm a happy camper.

And when you are through with school, let me know so that I don't accept your resume. And good luck finding anything of value back in WNY. CYA.

cedarville university.  Electrical engineering.

148302[/snapback]

:devil: I graduated from there in May of 2003 with an accounting degree. Live just over in Beavercreek.

Quick Tip: Life is short. Get your education enjoy what you can (I can't believe any place in the U.S. is that bad) count your blessings and move on. WNY'ers have character and make the best of any situation. You my friend sound spoiled and immature. Get a grip the world will be your oyster. :devil:

There are a very large number of former WNYers living in central Ohio. Mylicense tag read BFLO BLS and I get people honking and giving me the thumbs up regularly.

Many of the population centers of our county were originally settled by Europeans who likened an area to where they grew up. The fact such a large number of former WNYers settled here must mean there is something here that reminds them of WNY.

Well, except for jobs. There are jobs here. Job shortage is the reason I had to leave WNY to begin with. :devil:

Why I hate Ohio:

148054[/snapback]

I agree, that said my question for you Ohio natives is why all the hate for your neighbors up north? Is it all because of Ohio State/Michigan? I mean I hate Ohio but the only reason is because they hate us. Otherwise I would be indifferent just like I am with all the other states. Being neighbors you would think the two States would have a lot in common.

Leads me to believe it is all because of the football game or you guys have some serious Lake envy.

Finally someone who I agree with. While my wife and I like Columbus we can't stand their arrogant fans. We both come from pro towns me Buffalo her Cinncy. We just think it's funny how much hype OSU gets and have been happy to see them Rosen and burn this year with the exeption of the Michigan game. Their's a lot of OSU fans on this board. It's a town that almost asks you to leave if you don't like the college Buckeyes. I think the Browns have great fans. People in Columbus are horrible drivers. They can't drive in rain without freaking out. We're thinking of moving back. What sucks is I come here to get away from OSU bullsh!t but their on here also and bossy as can be. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Finally someone who I agree with. While my wife and I like Columbus we can't stand their arrogant fans. We both come from pro towns me Buffalo her Cinncy. We just think it's funny how much hype OSU gets and have been happy to see them Rosen and burn this year with the exeption of the Michigan game. Their's a lot of OSU fans on this board. It's a town that almost asks you to leave if you don't like the college Buckeyes. I think the Browns have great fans.    People in Columbus are horrible drivers. They can't drive in rain without freaking out.  We're thinking of moving back. What sucks is I come here to get away from OSU bullsh!t but their on here also and bossy as can be.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

149270[/snapback]

You won't get an argument from me about OSU fans. Win or lose, some innocent person's property gets set on fire. <_<:doh::doh:

Now, I've lived here in SW Ohio for 13 years. Has it's good and bad points, same as everywhere.

Inclement weather driving is not a skill. But the days are long gone when everybody in Bflo put on their tire chains and had a fundamental appreciation of friction and inertia, too!

Guest Cleveland boytoo

Why I hate Ohio:

148054[/snapback]

Finally someone who I agree with. While my wife and I like Columbus we can't stand their arrogant fans. We both come from pro towns me Buffalo her Cinncy. We just think it's funny how much hype OSU gets and have been happy to see them Rosen and burn this year with the exeption of the Michigan game. Their's a lot of OSU fans on this board. It's a town that almost asks you to leave if you don't like the college Buckeyes. I think the Browns have great fans.    People in Columbus are horrible drivers. They can't drive in rain without freaking out.  We're thinking of moving back. What sucks is I come here to get away from OSU bullsh!t but their on here also and bossy as can be.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

149270[/snapback]

Do you remember the terrible 1 year period following their national championship? I couldn't talk about another college football team anywhere without hearing how they aren;t nearly as good as OSU was. You undoubtedly know about the Ohioian tendancy to pass semis at about 1 MPH faster and their inability to merge from 3 lanes to 2 without nearly stopping traffic completly?

To be honest, Ohio isn't THAT bad. I'm still living in the USA, and for that i'm grateful. However, Ohio definitly is not one place I'm going to be staying for all the reasons i stated above and more. Detroit, PA, NY, even DC. But certainly not anywhere in OH. The people, I can't even find a word for it. Its like you take the most paronoid, dellusional small town you've ever been who likes to hear how great their town is, make it into a whole state, and you have Ohio. At least in NY I know that is going to be cold cold cold from November to March.

There are nice Ohioians and not everyone of them should be shot. There are even a few Ohioians I respect. However, to anyone who lives here and continues to live here when they have a reasonable means to get out (i.e. no career ties, no massive family commitments), those people I just don't understand.

Go Bills!

There are nice Ohioians and not everyone of them should be shot. There are even a few Ohioians I respect. However, to anyone who lives here and continues to live here when they have a reasonable means to get out (i.e. no career ties, no massive family commitments), those people I just don't understand.

How generous of you to note that not everyone of them should be shot. My husband and I thank you. :doh:

Resident of Columbus for 24 years. And I like it.