Yeah Chan, we know, "When we dog one of you..."

The Senator

The Bills O-Line is below average...

It's no longer an excuse for Trentative though...It's just not...He's not good enough most of the time...That's all there is to that... B-)

Exactly correct... B-)

He's always gonna be a guy who needs better protection to not wet his pants. Anyone who expected him to somehow become a guy who can be better under the exact same horrid O-Line was deluding themselves.

Yes, we know you are an Edwards hater. But if you saw how inaccurate Derek Anderson was for Arizona, maybe you wouldn't be so critical. I'm not a Trent lover, but not a hater, either. What I saw today was a QB without much blocking or time, running for his life. Put Tom Brady or Peyton Manning on this team and they would look like bums. On the other hand, it was nice to see Parrish back out of the dog house. He made a couple nice returns and caught a couple of nice pass catches. My MVP (if there could be one) is Moorman, who outdueled the opposing punter with ease. Too early to stick a fork in the Bills, but so far, it is what I expected. I agree that some coaching calls were questionable, but I have to give credit to Chan for taking the safety in the hope of getting a chance to score a late touchdown. (At least I think they did it on purpose.) Jauron would have punted in that situation.

Look, I don't have a particular dog in this fight, but the fact that you are comparing Trent Edwards performance today with a QB who threw for 297 yards is ludicrous. Completion percentage is not everything.

He's always gonna be a guy who needs better protection to not wet his pants. Anyone who expected him to somehow become a guy who can be better under the exact same horrid O-Line was deluding themselves.

What was his excuse when he did have time (and he did have time on a few plays)? No amount of extra time is going to make him a good QB. He needs to give the WRs a chance to make a play and he is afraid to do that.

What was his excuse when he did have time (and he did have time on a few plays)? No amount of extra time is going to make him a good QB. He needs to give the WRs a chance to make a play and he is afraid to do that.

Pretty sure he made good throws on those three plays where he had morte than 3 seconds to think. Face it, only a handful of people will say that he'd be another Peyton manning behind a better line, but this bunch of O-linemen and TEs are atrocious. High school level type of guys.

Pretty sure he made good throws on those three plays where he had morte than 3 seconds to think. Face it, only a handful of people will say that he'd be another Peyton manning behind a better line, but this bunch of O-linemen and TEs are atrocious. High school level type of guys.

I can't say this enough - 8 seconds left, Trent throw an 8 yard pass. No matter how many times I say it, it doesn't make any more sense. Has he never heard of a hail mary? He better learn soon because it's the only thing that is going to save his career.

I can't say this enough - 8 seconds left, Trent throw an 8 yard pass. No matter how many times I say it, it doesn't make any more sense. Has he never heard of a hail mary? He better learn soon because it's the only thing that is going to save his career.

Crap, you had to break out the big guns early... You win. That was classic Trent. God love him. :P

Yes, we know you are an Edwards hater. But if you saw how inaccurate Derek Anderson was for Arizona, maybe you wouldn't be so critical. I'm not a Trent lover, but not a hater, either.

OK, let's stop there for a moment - I don't hate Trent Edwards. 'Hate' is a very strong word, and I don't hate anyone (with the possible exception of the IRS).

I do, however, hate that Trent Edwards is the starting QB on the team I love - that's certainly true.

Didn't see the Cardinals/Rams game - was hoping Bradford would play well in his debut - but, if Anderson was so innacurate, why don't they just start grooming Skelton?

Seriously...Derek Anderson????

What I saw today was a QB without much blocking or time, running for his life. Put Tom Brady or Peyton Manning on this team and they would look like bums.

See that's the thing - I don't think they would. Good QBs have that almost 'magical' way of getting themselves out of trouble. And when we got pinned on our 1-yard line at the end, I knew it was over. Other QBs have that quality and that ability to inspire confidence that a 99-yard game winning drive in less than 2-minute is not only possible, but then they actually DO it. That Edwards wouldn't throw one downfield pass, not make one attempt to generate some 'fire' and some hope in the offense at that point, in inexcusable. (JMO, but if you look at the rest of the board tonite, I ain't the 'Lone Ranger' here.)

On the other hand, it was nice to see Parrish back out of the dog house. He made a couple nice returns and caught a couple of nice pass catches. My MVP (if there could be one) is Moorman, who outdueled the opposing punter with ease. Too early to stick a fork in the Bills, but so far, it is what I expected. I agree that some coaching calls were questionable, but I have to give credit to Chan for taking the safety in the hope of getting a chance to score a late touchdown. (At least I think they did it on purpose.) Jauron would have punted in that situation.

Absolutley agree on Parrish (though, in hindsight, I wish he would've fielded that one that pinned us back on our 1-yard line). Also thought the exact same thing about Gailey's decision to take the intentional safety (and try to force someone other than the Dolphins return man to field the kick) - Jauron never would have thought of that.

Anyway, on to Green Bay I guess...and then in two weeks I have to sit in Gillette Stadium and endure who-knows-what...oh well...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Edited by The Senator

Edwards=Abe Vigoda

http://www.abevigoda.com/

Now we must suffer the next several games where Chan stays committed to Edwards in an attempt to save face. Only after we are 0-6 or 1-5 or something like that will Edwards be benched. Of course, by then, the season will be beyond hope. Sigh.

If Edwards continues to start, it's because Chan does not feel there is a better option. Saving face = winning. I'm so sick of the conspiracy theories on this board.

Fair enough...Though I think I've seen The Bills line play a lot worse than they did today...Not saying much I know...

But I really do think it's beyond that now...I'm starting to believe those who think Edwards has pretty much been broken since the concussion in Az...It may explain why he's obviously pretty darn good in Practice and Practice Games, yet he can't get it done when the real games start...There is something broken in that Kid...I'm not saying the Bills O-Line is good enough...I just know Trent is definitely not good enough right now... B-)

Fair enough...Though I think I've seen The Bills line play a lot worse than they did today...Not saying much I know...

But I really do think it's beyond that now...I'm starting to believe those who think Edwards has pretty much been broken since the concussion in Az...It may explain why he's obviously pretty darn good in Practice and Practice Games, yet he can't get it done when the real games start...There is something broken in that Kid...I'm not saying the Bills O-Line is good enough...I just know Trent is definitely not good enough right now... B-)

I haven't, they looked downright horrid to me, RB's getting hit as soon as they get the ball in the backfield. Spiller had how many touches vs how many pass attempts?

Blame Edwards all you want ... I'll blame the head coach for the bad game plan, play calls scheme and the bad O line play

Edwards=Abe Vigoda

:lol: I dunno - Abe looks more mobile, and can take a hit!

:angry: Hey Betty White is pretty good, she is like Farve! I'd take a Farve :thumbsup:

And 2 years ago, we could have had him (if Russ had signed him before the Jets did.) Even at 40 (41 in a few weeks), Favre is better than what we got.

Nobody on here seems to be talking about our horrendous O-Line and TEs. They can't block for ****. And we all knew this was gonna be the case, too. No assessment of Chan's playcalling, Trent's poise, our receivers' ability to get open, our inept running game, etc. etc. is worth a crap if we don't include the O-Line being completely out of its league out there. Just my two cents.

It is funny how you say that. I couldn't agree with you more. However, many people here including myself were bashed by others here when we questioned the OL's abiltity, questioned the new regime's lack of upgrading these positions, questioned our players lack of talent. Now, one game is the books and nothing is more evident than our lack of talent on our OL. Guess, we will here from the eternal optimists that is it only one game?