Chan Gailey

webtoe

So to summarize, the Bills are coming off a 6-10 season that had 20+ on IR, and a rookie OC with and an inept Head Coach (for most of the season). They come into this year with the same, if not a little better talent overall, and are being talked about as one of the worst teams ever!!

CG can only take that as a complete dismassal of his ability as a head coach, and I am sure the players know that. I think this team is going to be playing with a collective chip on their shoulder all year, which will only raise their level of play. The only positive that could be said about DJ is that the players would show up for him every week. Of course, we all know he had no clue what to do with them once they got there. I think CG did a very positive thing on building that us against the world mentality when he blasted those fans at training camp. Even more helpful is the fact that the players have expressed optimism on his approach to the game.

A team always plays better when they feel they have something to prove. Their talent is clearly not championship level, but I think they will be out to prove they are not the worst team ever each week, and are going to suprise a lot of people. beginning this week. :thumbsup:

So to summarize, the Bills are coming off a 6-10 season that had 20+ on IR, and a rookie OC with and an inept Head Coach (for most of the season). They come into this year with the same, if not a little better talent overall, and are being talked about as one of the worst teams ever!!

CG can only take that as a complete dismassal of his ability as a head coach, and I am sure the players know that. I think this team is going to be playing with a collective chip on their shoulder all year, which will only raise their level of play. The only positive that could be said about DJ is that the players would show up for him every week. Of course, we all know he had no clue what to do with them once they got there. I think CG did a very positive thing on building that us against the world mentality when he blasted those fans at training camp. Even more helpful is the fact that the players have expressed optimism on his approach to the game.

A team always plays better when they feel they have something to prove. Their talent is clearly not championship level, but I think they will be out to prove they are not the worst team ever each week, and are going to suprise a lot of people. beginning this week. :thumbsup:

Great post. Exactly how I feel. The boys will be fired up by game time.

Exactly what i was thinking. How can this team possibly be worse than last year? Fine, they have a harder schedule, but if we can manage to win 6 games with like 20 guys on IR, and a coach that looked like a zombie on gameday, how is it that we're only gonna win 2 or 3 this year? Beats me.

I for one am totally stoked about this year and full of optimism. I read the article today about how the secondary has set the bar high, and that Florence handed out T-shirts to the secondary that read, "Then prove it". I think deep inside, the players know what the media is saying, but they're not letting it get to them nor are they making public statements about it. I feel they are going to prove it on the field and let their actions speak volumes this season. Since the beginning of OTAs, there has been continuity and that hasn't been there in the past 4 seasons. Yeah, it's a new coach, coordinators, etc, etc. But the atmosphere has got to be so much better at OBD, that the guys are actually enjoying themselves and the game they love to play. I feel we the fans are going to be in for a treat this year.

I for one am totally stoked about this year and full of optimism. I read the article today about how the secondary has set the bar high, and that Florence handed out T-shirts to the secondary that read, "Then prove it". I think deep inside, the players know what the media is saying, but they're not letting it get to them nor are they making public statements about it. I feel they are going to prove it on the field and let their actions speak volumes this season. Since the beginning of OTAs, there has been continuity and that hasn't been there in the past 4 seasons. Yeah, it's a new coach, coordinators, etc, etc. But the atmosphere has got to be so much better at OBD, that the guys are actually enjoying themselves and the game they love to play. I feel we the fans are going to be in for a treat this year.

+1 :thumbsup:

I to am sick of all the bashing of the bills going on. I some how envision ol Chan in the locker room sunday foaming at the mouth and before they leave the locker room Chan picking up a chair and smashing it up against the black board saying let's go kick there fuc*ing as*.

Not only do I agree fully but I think you stole this from by means of some sort of mind reading technology over vast distances.

However, I will let it slide this time as I have no evidence of it and no means, whatsoever, of trying to prove it.

:thumbsup:

My take: I'm glad everyone is putting down the Bills - really, when you think about what value that stance has for us, it can only be positive - the players are going to be pumped up to prove people are wrong about them personally, and wrong about Gailey's coaching. Also, people will overlook us; it's in the way people think - the coaches on other teams won't overlook us, but the players around the league do, and they're the ones preparing and playing.

As for how we will do: I think we are going to be a better team. I just don't understand why the "people in the know" keep putting this team down so much. I could be wrong, we could actually go 2-14 or be one of the lows in the league, but what I see is a team that will be more prepared, and more united than last year. A healthier team, and a more talented team. A team with more to play for. And, no one will know who we are as a team until the season's almost over.

I don't think we're deep playoff material, but I think we could surprise teams this year and end up, at best, 9-7 or 10-6, if all the stars aligned.