If the Bills are so bad and Dolphins so awesome why only 3pt spread?

milehiLou

And Dean, that's why you're not a professional line-maker. What you "think" is irrelevant. They do actual, you know, research and stuff with lots of numbers and everything. They determined in a straight up match, Miami should win by 6. Home field is worth 3 points, that's that. 6 + 3 = 9.

Holy crap, Dean, I think you're being 'called out'! :D

(Son, you're about to get into a pissing contest with a guy that was VP of Research for 3 TV stations and 2 networks, and that specializes in research, statistics, and 'lots of numbers & stuff' - do yourself a favor and step away from your PC!)

And Dean, that's why you're not a professional line-maker. What you "think" is irrelevant. They do actual, you know, research and stuff with lots of numbers and everything. They determined in a straight up match, Miami should win by 6. Home field is worth 3 points, that's that. 6 + 3 = 9.

If Las Vegas was using some sort of ridiculously impenetrable, hard-science mathematical formulas to verify betting lines, then they wouldn't just blindly give every home team three points for every game, as surely certain teams would exhibit a greater home field advantage than others.

Duh.

There is a difference between what reporters who have no accountability believe and what people putting their money at risk believe.

right, that's because one odds-maker gives the bills 150-1 shot to win the Super Bowl and a 60-1 shot to make the playoffs. that's pretty accountable if you ask me. but i'm just an unaccountable reporter, who knows very little in regards to what i do.

jw

The media hate does affect the spread in that bettors hear how bad the Bills are and bet accordingly. Some smarter bettors will pay closer attention and realize the Bills are nowhere near as bad as the media says. The goal of the bookie is to get equal money on both teams.

PTR

right, that's because one odds-maker gives the bills 150-1 shot to win the Super Bowl and a 60-1 shot to make the playoffs. that's pretty accountable if you ask me. but i'm just an unaccountable reporter, who knows very little in regards to what i do.

jw

Thank you for finally coming clean.

so to speak