Practice Squad Eligibility

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/04/practice-squad-eligibility/

Can anyone explain the rules on practice squad eligibility? I never tried to figure it out b4

Kinda strange list to me in a few places - Spiller and Bell listed at RB along with "Whodat?" Anderson

On O would this mean Chad Simpson and Hardy made the roster or that they are O-u-t?

Ditto on Lankster and Youboty?

If matched against the Depth chart is this a clue to how many at each position Bills are thinking of keeping, or is it a red herring

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/04/practice-squad-eligibility/

Can anyone explain the rules on practice squad eligibility? I never tried to figure it out b4

Kinda strange list to me in a few places - Spiller and Bell listed at RB along with "Whodat?" Anderson

On O would this mean Chad Simpson and Hardy made the roster or that they are O-u-t?

Ditto on Lankster and Youboty?

If matched against the Depth chart is this a clue to how many at each position Bills are thinking of keeping, or is it a red herring

Here's a primer on the subject.

Thanks Gangsta Kitty.

The fine print was confusing to me - the played 9 regular games or been on the regular squad a whole season.

I knew it was not only rookies but didn't get the criteria for a vet.

Now I get:

Brohm is eligible despite being on the 53 man roster and playing at the end of last season b'cause he hasn't played in 9 games or been carried a whole season yet.

Lankster was on the regular squad all last season, Youboty is a vet. So neither is eligible for PS.

Ditto Chad Simpson, as a vet picked up from Indy not eligible for PS.

Bottom line, Brown's list that both of us linked to on PS eligibility is just that, a list of who could be put on the PS, not a clue to the team's thinking.

And Simpson is already gone.

Gonna be interesting to see what else falls out, especially if we can pick up some decent OL and LB other teams might drop.

I hope it's not all "Friends and Family", Foschi may have played for Gailey but he looked bad last week.

It's a pretty good deal for the PS players-they make over $80,000 if they last the season. How many 22-25 year olds are making over $80,000 after not getting the job they tried to get? That's for 17 weeks, less than 1/3 of the year.

Edited by Albany,n.y.