Where it is going to get interesting the next few days

bowery4

Out of that list there, the players who interest me are...

LB - Tim Shaw (cut by Bears) - He would be great for special teams and was very good at Penn State.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4665834/shaw-shows-what-he-can-do

OLB - Cody Brown (cut by Cardinals)

WR - Mike Jones (cut by Cardinals)

RB/QB/WR - Michael Robinson (cut by 49ers)

FB - Jehuu Caulcrick (cut by 49ers)

QB - Jarrett Brown (cut by 49ers)

LB - Ricky Foley (cut by Jets)

LB - Boris Lee (cut by Jets)

OT - Adam Terry (cut by Colts)

DT - Damione Lewis (cut by Patriots)

Out of that list there, the players who interest me are...

LB - Tim Shaw (cut by Bears) - He would be great for special teams and was very good at Penn State.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4665834/shaw-shows-what-he-can-do

OLB - Cody Brown (cut by Cardinals)

WR - Mike Jones (cut by Cardinals)

RB/QB/WR - Michael Robinson (cut by 49ers)

FB - Jehuu Caulcrick (cut by 49ers)

QB - Jarrett Brown (cut by 49ers)

LB - Ricky Foley (cut by Jets)**

LB - Boris Lee (cut by Jets)

OT - Adam Terry (cut by Colts)*

DT - Damione Lewis (cut by Patriots)

*Former 2nd round pick (Ravens) had micro knee surgery in the off season can play both tackle and guard positions.

**Sack leader in CFL last year has been in seahawks and jets camps this year.

Good twitter thing I follow

http://twitter.com/FootballPost

Edited by bowery4

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Surprise-early-cuts-include-McCray-Brown-Afala?urn=nfl-267388

Cody Brown and even more Bobby McCray both have interested me. It will be real intriging to see what the FO does these next couple of days with the waiver wire.

I think here is where we see if Nix is a good GM or not. This time of year is where he should be very strong in bringing in high value players for the Bills who have upside or who can step in a do a quick fix. Nix is not a wheeler dealer like Polian but he is a solid personnel guy.

I think here is where we see if Nix is a good GM or not. This time of year is where he should be very strong in bringing in high value players for the Bills who have upside or who can step in a do a quick fix. Nix is not a wheeler dealer like Polian but he is a solid personnel guy.

I completely disagree. A player has to be *way* better than someone we have to bring him in at this time of year. He'll be way behind everyone else learning the schemes.

I completely disagree. A player has to be *way* better than someone we have to bring him in at this time of year. He'll be way behind everyone else learning the schemes.

Way better than most of our back up offensive linemen might describe quite a few cuts today :devil: we will see.

Now is the time of year to pick up back ups on the cheap. I hope we see some movement. On my roster I cut a lot of Oline back ups.

Exactly, and Nixhas said those same things before. The guys they might bring in now are for depth, not to start like most expect. They would need time to learn the system and one week isn't going to be enough. Theres the odd guy that you might be able t pick up that could help the team, but most of these guys are guys you bring in for depth at a position

I agree with your premise but the oline and tight end postiion could use vetern upgrades asap

Our QBs are all decent enough and have been working assiduously in Chan's scheme for months now. In order for the Bills to pick up a Qb who gets cut today, the guy would have to be something really special and I seriously doubt there will be any QBs of that caliber available.

As to extra O linemen, yeah, grab a few because our backups are horrendous. Look, I'm old, I'm under 200 pounds, but I swear I can do a better job than Chambers.

If a decent TE is available, that might be a good addition. I already hate Foschi.

We don't need RBs and WRs. The shame is the Bills are going to have to cut some guys who in years passed would have easily made the team. And I suspect we'll all be shaking our heads down the road when some of them go on to success elsewhere.

LBs are a concern and (I know this is heresy around here) the depth of our DBs in this new system is a concern to me. They seem small and slow against the run, and tentative (which suggests they haven't really "gotten" the new system).

If a great D lineman came available, I'd make a run on him. Otherwise, why bother? We already have guys who are just okay.

My biggest concern continues to be special teams (though they have seemed to improve a little each game). I'll wait till the regular season before I officially become worried about Moorman and Lindell. To my eyes, Lindell's kickoff power looks to be in decline. His FG ability is as good as ever. Moorman hasn't seemed to be as accurate with his punts this year. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from them -- these guys are two of the best in the game. Still...

Besides some depth o-linemen, I really don't see the Bills making any moves for roster cuts unless the guy they go after is something special and knows the system. TE would be a position to look at, but right now they just need a body to fill a spot for 4 games til Nelson comes back, unless they don't feel he is their guy and they cut him, which I doubt