Use the Chat room NOT the Shout Box for the game...

SDS

Last game the discussion was too disjointed with 1/3 of the people using a thread, 1/3 in the shout box and 1/3 in the chat room. Let's try and get everyone to use the proper tool for game time discussion - the chat room.

Thanks...

Last game the discussion was too disjointed with 1/3 of the people using a thread, 1/3 in the shout box and 1/3 in the chat room. Let's try and get everyone to use the proper tool for game time discussion - the chat room.

Thanks...

Are you suggesting there should be no game thread? Some of us oldsters have issues with chat rooms. You can't tell who is responding to whom, unless you have that problem licked. I haven't been in a chat room in some time for that very reason.

Are you suggesting there should be no game thread? Some of us oldsters have issues with chat rooms. You can't tell who is responding to whom, unless you have that problem licked. I haven't been in a chat room in some time for that very reason.

If you are asking if it is the wrong tool for the job - it most definitely is the wrong tool. A chat room is what is appropriate for real time discussion. Loading dozens of files, compiling them, serving images, javascript, etc... for every time you click "reload" isn't the right tool for the job.

If you are asking if it is the wrong tool for the job - it most definitely is the wrong tool. A chat room is what is appropriate for real time discussion. Loading dozens of files, compiling them, serving images, javascript, etc... for every time you click "reload" isn't the right tool for the job.

That wasn't what I was asking you.

Don't really like the chat room for this,did the chat start with first play or half way thru 1/4??? how did we get first score???

INT for TD by Florence. I missed it, too and couldn't find that info in the chat room when I visited.

It can't be the right too for the job, if it doesn't do the job I need doing. Anytime I have to guess as to who is responding to whom, it's all over for me.

Not trying to be a negative or rude.

I tried the chat room for the first Quarter and wanted to give my blunt feedback....

It was very difficult to discern who was addressing who, although that could be fixed just in the manner we are all responding (ie Addressing someone by name or abbreviating if your response pertains to something they said). People are continuously (almost obnoxiously) leaving and entering the room - not sure what solution there would be for this. My biggest issue with the chatroom is that a lot of the responses seemed to be significantly delayed- as in coming in bunches for plays that had occurred several plays before...

I understand why you want the chat room to be used. Some minor tweaks and I think it could be great. Take my opinion for what its worth!!

Thanks SDS!

Not trying to be a negative or rude.

I tried the chat room for the first Quarter and wanted to give my blunt feedback....

It was very difficult to discern who was addressing who, although that could be fixed just in the manner we are all responding (ie Addressing someone by name or abbreviating if your response pertains to something they said). People are continuously (almost obnoxiously) leaving and entering the room - not sure what solution there would be for this. My biggest issue with the chatroom is that a lot of the responses seemed to be significantly delayed- as in coming in bunches for plays that had occurred several plays before...

I understand why you want the chat room to be used. Some minor tweaks and I think it could be great. Take my opinion for what its worth!!

Thanks SDS!

Is there a way to turn off the notification for this, because it made the chatroom unbearable.

can we please at least put this to a community vote instead of someone telling the community what to use (no offense, you are a great admin). However, if you don't let us have a game thread, I won't be using the chat and I think a lot would agree with that

The chat room is fine. I have no issue figuring out who is speaking to who. My only issue with it is that i can't turn off the join/leaving of people. I would rather not see that. The other weird thing is that the shout box is right above the chat window. I can see people not using the chat window because the shoutbox is there.

I too appreciate the administration of this site and check in often. However, the Chat Room can't be the ONLY way. Can we not have the traditional link AND the chat room and people can choose the one they prefer. I do prefer seeing the comment linkages that you don't get with the chat room. Thanks.

The chat room is fine. I have no issue figuring out who is speaking to who. My only issue with it is that i can't turn off the join/leaving of people. I would rather not see that. The other weird thing is that the shout box is right above the chat window. I can see people not using the chat window because the shoutbox is there.

just toggle the sound notification to remove the doorbell sound. It is right below the user box.

Fine. I'll stop lurking. :)

a +1 on making sure we have a gameday thread. Following the gameday thread has been part of my Bills football tradition for the last million years.

A most excellent first post. :thumbsup: