Farewell to all, you guys are great fans.... I mean that!

DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the mystery? If the poster use to play for the Bills as he claims, and is now leaving the board forever, why wouldn't he just come out and tell us who? Problem is you can't believe anything "claimed" on the internet. Like Ronald Reagan use to say, "trust but verify". LOL.

If you read the above, you answered your own question.

This thread is becoming hysterical.

I still say Trent Edwards is over-payed and under-talented.

Too soon?

I am quite sure Trent Edwards is among the lowest paid starters, if not the lowest paid in the league. His rookie deal is still in place and it is a absolute bargain for a starting nfl qb. Around $1m this year. Ryan Fitz. makes triple that. Every backup qb in the NFL makes more than $1m per year. Do the research before you post.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I agree on the 2010 predictions as far as the Bills being far better than the media is putting forth and have maintained that nine wins should be the stretch goal from the outset. However I still think that this is a forum in which people can put forth their humble opinions, and not a cheerleading room.

Also..why would you ask former Buffalo Bills to post their names when you choose not to do so? Sounds kind of weird to me.

I know you won't be reading this because you have left, but no way we win 5 games.

Your reading comprehension seems to be as bad as your prognostication skills. He said:

I will stop by from time to time and read some topics but my responding days are over.

for the record, J.Pitts was a decent player for the Bills. he was a first round pick, and did not become a superstar. this has nothing to do with the player. the front office makes the pick- the player just goes to work. as far as i know this guy did that. now, he had a brother that had a bit more success with another team. i don't think this is a knock against HIM<- that would be kyna ridiculous, wouldn't it?

for me, the only question is "did ya give it what ya got?" i've a feeling that, in this case the answer was always yes. in football, in life, and in posting here, this guy straight up gave it what he had. there is nothing more anyone can ever do, and IMHO you just can't find fault with a guy like that. he's the kyna guy that'd have my back, an' i'd have his. anyone wanna mess with that, may have to go thru BOTH of us. coach told you how it works now: "you dog one of us......."

JP, if that's you, feel free to find a different nickname, and chime in every now and then if you want. but don't spend too much time reading in here. it can be hazardous !

~AS

Your reading comprehension seems to be as bad as your prognostication skills. He said:

Irregardless of what he said, Deano - or, for that matter, of the fact that there's no such word as 'irregardless' - DIE HARD 1967, whomever he may be, apparently still both reads and responds...

link

Edited by The Senator

Irregardless of what he said, Deano - or, for that matter, of the fact that there's no such word as 'irregardless' - DIE HARD 1967, whomever he may be, apparently still both reads and responds...

link

Excellent catch, il Senatore!

I am quite sure Trent Edwards is among the lowest paid starters, if not the lowest paid in the league. His rookie deal is still in place and it is a absolute bargain for a starting nfl qb. Around $1m this year. Ryan Fitz. makes triple that. Every backup qb in the NFL makes more than $1m per year. Do the research before you post.

Research? I wasn't saying overpaid compared to other NFL players. I was just saying overpaid.

And the biggest fault with your post is referring to Trent as a starting NFL quarterback. Just being the guy who takes the first snap doesn't make his starting caliber.

Why the mystery? If the poster use to play for the Bills as he claims, and is now leaving the board forever, why wouldn't he just come out and tell us who? Problem is you can't believe anything "claimed" on the internet. Like Ronald Reagan use to say, "trust but verify". LOL.

Good point. I find it a little hard to believe the poster would not identify but then would encourage other former bills to identify. Besides..I was cheerleader for the Bills from 67-72 as well and would have stayed but for all the tent-pitching and farting.

Guest dog14787

In my opinion because of all the attention this farewell has been given and in light of the fact we don't even know for sure who we are actually saying farewell to the right thing to do would be to come forth and give folks the proper closure.

I don't get why people whine about what others posts. It's a free country where people have opinions whether right or wrong. If you don't like what you're reading then stop reading it. Spare me the sympathy of being offended or having your feelings hurt and not returning. I too don't like some of the tasteless comments here but when I encounter them I move to another discussion. I don't quit the board.

yet you felt compelled to comment and impose your opinion...and you can't even pay attention to what the man said... he's not leaving just isn't posting... so now even more valuable resources and insight is gone on this board... might not be worth quitting but it will be soon enough