Dallas Cowboys Season Tickets

Gives a whole new meaning to absurd. I know the broker is likely to get a return on his purchase but is it really worth that much to sit in an oversized stadium with fair weather fans? I know the NFL is a business but if this kind of absurdity continues they will eventually erode their fan base.

Gives a whole new meaning to absurd. I know the broker is likely to get a return on his purchase but is it really worth that much to sit in an oversized stadium with fair weather fans? I know the NFL is a business but if this kind of absurdity continues they will eventually erode their fan base.

Say what you will about the Cowboys, but I never considered their fans "fair weather".

Say what you will about the Cowboys, but I never considered their fans "fair weather".

I live here and would not call most loyal. I believe "fair weather" is accurate.

You must not remember much of the 80s.

Sadly I do - given encroaching senility it is the next decade I fear :D

You must not remember much of the 80s.

Well, it's true much of the 80s is a bit of a blur for me, but take me to school. What happened in the 80s for you to label Cowboys fans "fair weather"?

Well, it's true much of the 80s is a bit of a blur for me, but take me to school. What happened in the 80s for you to label Cowboys fans "fair weather"?

I can only speak of what happened around here, but in the 80s you couldn't find a Cowboys fan. I know there were some around in the 70s, but they seem to have gone into hibernation during the 80s and didn't come out until Aikman, Smith, and Irvin came to town. Then they were everywhere. I know a little bit of bandwagon effect is to be expected, but when the Cowboys are bad you're hard pressed to find their fans.

I can only speak of what happened around here, but in the 80s you couldn't find a Cowboys fan. I know there were some around in the 70s, but they seem to have gone into hibernation during the 80s and didn't come out until Aikman, Smith, and Irvin came to town. Then they were everywhere. I know a little bit of bandwagon effect is to be expected, but when the Cowboys are bad you're hard pressed to find their fans.

Amen brother

Were the crowds sparse? Were games blacked out?

Just curious really. When I was in Boston in the early 80s Pats fans were hard to find, but Boston is really a baseball/hockey/basketball town, IMO...especially baseball. Tickets to a game were VERY easy to get a hold of. I can't recall if there were blackouts, though.

In my experience there are Cowboys fans all over the country, and I think this was true in the 80s, too. Win or lose. Dallas has to be a football town first, no?