WGR says Bills suck

Bulldog and everyone else on wgr have proven time and time again that they really dont know all that much about football or the bills. they really are only knowledgeable about movies and stupid stuff like that. (thats why i stooped listening years ago and i know a lot of people who dont listen anymore either. if i wanna hear about movies and nonsense like that i will turn on wgr to hear a "movie draft". freaking idiots.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, Riter hasn't been on GR in 3 years.......That's always my point on these threads. I hated GR, too, but they are not negative for negatives sakes anymore......If you haven't listened in 3 years, you wouldn't know that.

GR is not still negative for negatives sakes anymore? OK. God bless ya...

Edited by TheBillsBeat

It would be great to see those guys tell a veteran like Andra Davis that they should tank.

And I don't know why people listen to GR. You pretty much are guaranteed to be disappointed. Podcasts and satellite radio are the way to go.

Where, oh where, has anyone said anything about tanking? Answer: Nobody has.

Here are the things they actually said:

Sully: "…maybe Trent has regained his confidence and can be an average quarterback in the NFL …"

"McKelvin hasn’t beaten out Florence."

"Sully: If you think it’s a good idea to win six games with Trent Edwards and not get a top quarterback, then good for you, have fun.

"Bulldog: That’s gotta be about the worst-case scenario there is, ‘cause if Edwards were to be good enough to do that, that’s like a death-knell to me, and I know how that sounds to some fans, because you’ve gotta be at least decent if you’re gonna be any kind of good, be a playoff team, you’ve gotta start somewhere. But after years and years against … losing even in December, I would bristle at the notion of “it’ll be better in April if they lose this game to the Bengals or if they lose this game to the Browns,” and I’d go “Nnnnn, nah, nnn, I’m alive, I’m alive, I’m flickering but I’m alive.” And every August the same thing.

"This year, you know, I got broken down to the point where I am thinking about a quarterback next April, before this season has even begun. If you really get there, not just say it on the radio, ‘cause you wanna make people mad, but if you really get there, like you mean it, as a lifelong Bills fan, that you want them to be bad, bad enough to draft a quarterback in the top five, and then they find a way to win six games, I mean … doesn’t even begin to describe the amount of frustration you’d be talking about.

"Sully: Get a team on the field that has more than one guy one person ranked in the top 200 players by the most respected scouting outfit in the game (Scouts Inc.), you’re just not good enough … If this team could be 4 - 12, and people could come out of this season feeling good about the team, good about Spiller and that Troup is a player and maybe Maybin comes on, that can happen, to me, that’s the best case scenario, and then you mix in a real quarterback. Because they need to get that guy. They’re not even close to having the kind of roster that can carry an average quarterback into the playoffs and make noise, they’re just not close."

Nothing about tanking.

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/33878173/8-30-jerry-sullivan-w-bulldog-seg-1.htm?pageid=28473

No, he literally said he would lose all faith in the organization if they DIDN'T tank this year. It's pure lunacy.

No, he literally didn't. I have no doubt that's what you heard. But it's not what he said.

Tanking is gutless and stupid, just like anyone who would suggest such a strategy.

PTR

See, another one. You listened yourself. You ought to know they never said anything even remotely about tanking. But you guys hate these people so much that you let your emotions obviously seriously color your perceptions so much that you completely make up stuff that they never said.

I have no doubt that you're not lying, you actually thought you heard that. And that just shows that your hatred is preventing you from correctly perceiving reality.

Edited by Thurman#1

GR is not still negative for negatives sakes anymore? OK. God bless ya...

Yeah, you obviously haven't listened in 3 or more years since you think Brad is still on there..........But, you're an expert on what they are like these days.

Yeah, you obviously haven't listened in 3 or more years since you think Brad is still on there..........But, you're an expert on what they are like these days.

Never said Riter was still on GR. He got S**t-canned three years ago and is now wallowing with a .5 rating on the other end of the dial. My point was all those games are cut from the same cloth and that since WGR won the Marconi award they have no interest in changing. You seem to have the same type of arguments as your buddies on GR.

Never said Riter was still on GR. He got S**t-canned three years ago and is now wallowing with a .5 rating on the other end of the dial. My point was all those games are cut from the same cloth and that since WGR won the Marconi award they have no interest in changing. You seem to have the same type of arguments as your buddies on GR.

What exactly is my argument, and how is it like that of "my buddies" on GR?

Where, oh where, has anyone said anything about tanking? Answer: Nobody has.

Here are the things they actually said:

Sully: "…maybe Trent has regained his confidence and can be an average quarterback in the NFL …"

"McKelvin hasn’t beaten out Florence."

"Sully: If you think it’s a good idea to win six games with Trent Edwards and not get a top quarterback, then good for you, have fun.

"Bulldog: That’s gotta be about the worst-case scenario there is, ‘cause if Edwards were to be good enough to do that, that’s like a death-knell to me, and I know how that sounds to some fans, because you’ve gotta be at least decent if you’re gonna be any kind of good, be a playoff team, you’ve gotta start somewhere. But after years and years against … losing even in December, I would bristle at the notion of “it’ll be better in April if they lose this game to the Bengals or if they lose this game to the Browns,” and I’d go “Nnnnn, nah, nnn, I’m alive, I’m alive, I’m flickering but I’m alive.” And every August the same thing.

"This year, you know, I got broken down to the point where I am thinking about a quarterback next April, before this season has even begun. If you really get there, not just say it on the radio, ‘cause you wanna make people mad, but if you really get there, like you mean it, as a lifelong Bills fan, that you want them to be bad, bad enough to draft a quarterback in the top five, and then they find a way to win six games, I mean … doesn’t even begin to describe the amount of frustration you’d be talking about.

"Sully: Get a team on the field that has more than one guy one person ranked in the top 200 players by the most respected scouting outfit in the game (Scouts Inc.), you’re just not good enough … If this team could be 4 - 12, and people could come out of this season feeling good about the team, good about Spiller and that Troup is a player and maybe Maybin comes on, that can happen, to me, that’s the best case scenario, and then you mix in a real quarterback. Because they need to get that guy. They’re not even close to having the kind of roster that can carry an average quarterback into the playoffs and make noise, they’re just not close."

Nothing about tanking.

http://audio.wgr550....tm?pageid=28473

No, he literally didn't. I have no doubt that's what you heard. But it's not what he said.

See, another one. You listened yourself. You ought to know they never said anything even remotely about tanking. But you guys hate these people so much that you let your emotions obviously seriously color your perceptions so much that you completely make up stuff that they never said.

I have no doubt that you're not lying, you actually thought you heard that. And that just shows that your hatred is preventing you from correctly perceiving reality.

you forgot to add all the mumbling and stuttering by the Bulldog:oops: