Thoughts on Arthur Moats???

We talked about Moats about two weeks ago after the Washington game.

Pretty interesting snapshot of people's knee-jerk reactions. And of course there are some posters who are patient and understand the difficulties of a small college rookie playing in his first NFL game at a position he's never played before.

But look at some of the alarmists in this thread. It's kinda funny…in a way.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/117284-please-fix-subjectarthur-moats/page__p__1932955__hl__%2Barthur+%2Bmoats__fromsearch__1#entry1932955

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Moats at JMU a few times. He was a man against boys in college. He is an incredible athelete who needs a year to shine. He never played LB in his life, just a DE who rushed the passer. He would be better suited for a DE in a 4-3 IMO. But he's a fish out of water this year. I expected that he looked bad at LB but would contribute on special teams his first year. Unfortunately nobody looks good covering kicks so far. He needs a little time, next year he should contribute on defense once he learns the position.

We talked about Moats about two weeks ago after the Washington game.

Pretty interesting snapshot of people's knee-jerk reactions. And of course there are some posters who are patient and understand the difficulties of a small college rookie playing in his first NFL game at a position he's never played before.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/117284-please-fix-subjectarthur-moats/page__p__1932955__hl__%2Barthur+%2Bmoats__fromsearch__1#entry1932955

LOL. Thanks for sharing. Obviously those criticizing the young Moats after the DC game probably never strapped on a helmet and stepped onto a football field. Playing childish video games does not substitute for having actually having played the game.

LOL. ThSan Jose Bills Fan, on 30 August 2010 - 01:27 PM, said:We talked about Moats about two weeks ago after the Washington game.

http://forums.twobil..._1#entry1932955

anks for sharing. Obviously those criticizing the young Moats after the DC game probably never strapped on a helmet and stepped onto a football field. Playing childish video games does not substitute for having actually having played the game.

C'mon, youz guyz. I was just kidding. Watch him tonight (NFLN). You'll see improvement in his game.

He was a step behind and kind of lost on a lot of plays vs the Skins. He's been improving in each preseason game, but is still showing to be weak in coverage. He was a DE in college and is converting to an inside linebacker, and that's kind of a big change. He sheds blocks well, but you would kind of expect that from a former d-lineman. The dude can definitely hit, and once he catches up and is just reacting instead of thinking and reacting I expect him to be a solid player.

I agree. He has had some bumps in the road so far, but he seems to be progressing well. He has had his share of positives as well. I like his hustle and hitting. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

I think Moats get a visit from the Turk. He has no change of direction, no coverage ability, and seems to only play fast when going straight ahead. i dont think he makes the squad. Thats too bad. I was pulling for him.

He missed some tackles last night. If you watch the highlights he missed a tackle that ended up being a touchdown.

So what. Let him make the mistakes and learn during meaningless preseason games. Rooks don't come into the NFL and become overnight sensations before the season even begins.

Moats will be fine. A great addition.

Not a bad thought...perhaps I will. LOL. Moats makes the grade when it comes to NFL caliber. It will be a darn shame if he is not on the roster opening day. We would be well served keeping and grooming this diamond in the rough.

Let's see, you call Moats a diamond in the rough. Your doppleganger Dr. Zaius calls Rhett Bomar a diamond in the rough. You two must be either the best football scouts in the world -- or jewelers. (sarcasm on) :lol: (sarcasm off).

Has shown flashes of ability, but really struggled when playing in space. He might be useful in some situations, but really Ellison would probably see the field more. I would probably hang on the Ellison.

I think 9 LBs make it. Ellison and Moats both make it with Coleman and Woods getting cut.