Hardest camp decisions

Who makes the cut?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Naaman Roosevelt or Donald Jones?

2. 2. Joique Bell or Chad Simpson?

3. 3. Ryan Fitzpatrick or Brian Brohm?

Are there any other camp battles I missed?

PTR

Arthur Moats/Keith Ellison

Kirk Chambers/Kyle Calloway

On defense, if they keep 10 DBS there's probably nine that are a lock (Whitner, Byrd, Scott, Wilson, McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty). #10 is probably between Lankster and Cary Harris.

Also, presuming that they keep 25 defensive players, they will carry either a 7th DL or a 9th LB. That spot may come down to Antonio Coleman, John McCargo or Rashaad Duncan. You could even throw in Lonnie Harvey.

Hardy or Nelson :)

I don't give Hardy much of a chance. I don't think they chance sneaking Nelson through to the practice squad.

The offensive breakdown is most likely 3 QBs, 4 RBs, 1 FB, 5 WRs, 3 TEs, 9 OL.

The receivers look like Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson and Chad Jackson, probably in that order.

25 offense, 25 defense, 3 special teams.

Never thought I would say this but McCargo/Spencer Johnson. IMO, McCargo has outplayed Johnson.

Nelson/Jackson/Hardy -- I still think they keep all three until Shawn Nelson gets back in week five, then have to make a decision depending on injury and performance.

Calloway/Chambers: I would take Calloway even though he hasn't looked all that great to me. Chambers is so limited I'm willing to risk it since Meredith plays both T positions.

Corner/Lanster/Youboty: It's possible they keep all three. I think we need the roster spot and cut Lankster. He has had a bad pre-season and I never understood the infatuation with him. He's a decent player and has some potential but to me he has Martin Nance syndrome.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

i think it will be 6 WRs/8 OLs.

The reason I think it will be 5 WRs and 9 OL is that they will most likely split Spiller out wide on occasion in which case he becomes the defacto 6th WR. They will want to keep Wang active so that will require them to keep 9 OL. Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green, Meredith and Wang make 7, then it's either Chambers or Calloway for #8 and probably Cordaro Howard or Andre Ramsey for the 9th spot. They may think they can sneak Calloway through to the practice squad and keep Chambers, which would be kind of amazing to think the guy continues to hang on.

The argument for a 6th WR would be to play special teams but Chad Jackson and David Nelson will play ST and then they'll probably use George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Ashton Youboty and Reggie Corner on ST too. That gives them 6 fast, smallish guys. The rest of the ST spots will be dominated by LBs and TEs (when they get healthy).

The other strike against a 6th WR would be that they would want a developmental guy who is going to be inactive on Sundays. They have that in Easley, who is on the IR and most likely Roosevelt and/or Donald Jones will be on the practice squad.

Never thought I would say this but McCargo/Spencer Johnson. IMO, McCargo has outplayed Johnson.

Nelson/Jackson/Hardy -- I still think they keep all three until Shawn Nelson gets back in week five, then have to make a decision depending on injury and performance.

Calloway/Chambers: I would take Calloway even though he hasn't looked all that great to me. Chambers is so limited I'm willing to risk it since Meredith plays both T positions.

Corner/Lanster/Youboty: It's possible they keep all three. I think we need the roster spot and cut Lankster. He has had a bad pre-season and I never understood the infatuation with him. He's a decent player and has some potential but to me he has Martin Nance syndrome.

I too am cautiously optimistic about McCargo. Ellis as well. I think Lankster will be cut and I wouldn't be surprised if Corner didn't make it either. Chambers is gone in my opinion. I think they can pick up someone elses training camp cut to fill one of the back-up OT spots.