Hardy practiced & might play against Cincy

Skoobydum

Hardy has fallen down the depth chart and could have a difficult time making the 53-man roster because he's had problems staying on the field. He did not play in the first two preseason games this year and had just one catch for 9 yards in two games last season while recovering from a knee injury he suffered late in his rookie year.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article172408.ece

Imo- The Bills cut him & realize the experiment is over.

Agreed. Maybe he will get a fresh start somewhere else. Having a basketball background you would think that he has good footwork and would be able to use his body to get open. That, as we all know, is not the case. Also, the fact remains that he was slow before the knee injury, he is even slower now, and we have better players at WR that will produce...if we can get the ball to them.

I do hope Hardy, like Losman, gets a shot somewhere else in the league. Unfortunately, it appears to be Prognosis Negative for Mr. Hardy.

PS-I just saw DeSean Jackson on a Foot Locker Commercial...not to rub salt in the wounds :oops:

Agreed. Maybe he will get a fresh start somewhere else. Having a basketball background you would think that he has good footwork and would be able to use his body to get open. That, as we all know, is not the case. Also, the fact remains that he was slow before the knee injury, he is even slower now, and we have better players at WR that will produce...if we can get the ball to them.

I do hope Hardy, like Losman, gets a shot somewhere else in the league. Unfortunately, it appears to be Prognosis Negative for Mr. Hardy.

PS-I just saw DeSean Jackson on a Foot Locker Commercial...not to rub salt in the wounds :oops:

Hopefully it'll be Sack Lunch for Maybin on Saturday...

Hardy has fallen down the depth chart and could have a difficult time making the 53-man roster because he's had problems staying on the field. He did not play in the first two preseason games this year and had just one catch for 9 yards in two games last season while recovering from a knee injury he suffered late in his rookie year.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article172408.ece

Imo- The Bills cut him & realize the experiment is over.

Hardy, D. Nelson or Stevie but I doubt that all three will make the roster. Roosevelt to PS for sure barring injury of course.

83 Evans, Lee WR 5-10 197 29 7 Wisconsin

84 Hardy, James WR 6-5 220 24 2 Indiana

17 Jackson, Chad WR 6-1 223 25 3 Florida

13 Johnson, Steve WR 6-2 202 24 3 Kentucky

19 Jones, Donald WR 6-0 214 22 R Youngstown State

86 Nelson, David WR 6-5 217 23 R Florida

11 Parrish, Roscoe WR 5-9 178 28 6 Miami

87 Rhea, Aaron WR 6-1 202 1 Stephen F. Austin St.

18 Roosevelt, Naaman WR 6-0 189 22 R Buffalo

With our lack of Tight End depth, I'm thinking he's still around, for now.

Edited by buffaloaggie

Wait…I'm confused. Isn't Chad Jackson then playing the part of James Hardy?

It was intended to be just a facetious remark, but I referred to it as the Chad Jackson role because he was Chad Jackson for the Pats before James Hardy was James Hardy for the Bills (A similar role; lesser version of the Troy Williamson role). So now Chad Jackson continues the same role for the Bills as he did with the Pats - an underachiever that teases you with talent but doesn't produce or can't get on the field. I'd rather give Hardy a chance simply because I prefer receivers with size but if he doesn't have it, then he doesn't have it.

Guest dog14787

I've often wondered If a beefed up Hardy could play TE, but he has such long legs and high center of gravity I just don't see James Hardy excelling when it comes to blocking.

The fella really does look like he belongs on a basketball court :wallbash:

It was intended to be just a facetious remark, but I referred to it as the Chad Jackson role because he was Chad Jackson for the Pats before James Hardy was James Hardy for the Bills (A similar role; lesser version of the Troy Williamson role). So now Chad Jackson continues the same role for the Bills as he did with the Pats - an underachiever that teases you with talent but doesn't produce or can't get on the field. I'd rather give Hardy a chance simply because I prefer receivers with size but if he doesn't have it, then he doesn't have it.

Does this mean the Patriots will pick up Hardy when we cut him?

Rhea had a strong performance on two days practice last game. If it continues this game, I see him making the team over Hardy. Hardy hasnt shown much of anything.

I think Hardy is not going to be cut. If Easley didn't have his season end the way it did, maybe. The only reason Johnson makes the team is for ST purposes alone. I think buffaloaggie's list is pretty much dead on.

Guest dog14787

Does this mean the Patriots will pick up Hardy when we cut him?

Belicheat will probably snag Hardy just to find out what Gailey's up to, then knowing our luck Randy Moss turns James Hardy into a duplicate of himself, (Randy moss II) :wallbash:

In 33 games(college) the 6' 7" Hardy compiled 191 receptions for 2,740 yards and 36 TD's (Indiana). James Hardy could be real beneficial in the red zone if we could somehow get him on track.

I think getting him healthy and have him run any other way but like Frankenstein would be a great start. I've seen him run routes from literally feet away, he runs terribly.

Lee Evans runs as smooth glass water, Hardy runs like a rogue wave.

Edited by Skoobydum

Guest dog14787

I think Hardy is very expendable if:

1. He gets injured. Again.

2. There are WRs released from other teams that interest the front office.

James Hardy really needs to play well on Saturday and start showing at least a glimpse of why we drafted him in the first place. Hardy needs to lower his body mass when he's on the move in my opinion and lose the high knee/leg motion, he's to upright, this is football not basketball...