Here's the video of Gailey's discussion with the heckler's

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos, then--your instincts were right on.

I mentioned the heckling in my thread about the first Saturday camp. They were all adults. It goes on every day no doubt. Chan picked the time everything was in place ofr a perfect youtube moment: last day, press with cameras running, a few kids to chide.

Well if your instincts are right on, then good for him. It's about time we get a coach who does some planning. But you keep looking for that negative angle. :thumbsup:

No that was it 'sphere. Channel 7 has much better video here.

I don't think there was a dozen of them. Watch the video. I think he is singling out 2 or 3. Hopefully they are too embarrased to own up to it. They should be.

Yep, it was 2 or 3. The guy in the red shirt holding the helmet to be signed, and the guy in red with the gloves to be signed were the most vocal. Some of the younger kids there were along for the ride. The 2 red-shirts were driving the anti-Trent bus.

Yep, it was 2 or 3. The guy in the red shirt holding the helmet to be signed, and the guy in red with the gloves to be signed were the most vocal. Some of the younger kids there were along for the ride. The 2 red-shirts were driving the anti-Trent bus.

The guy in the red with the gloves was rude to the players many times. I always swear he's selling the autographs, because he never has Bills stuff on and is at camp waiting for autographs all the time. Plus he just seems rude. I think the guy with the navy blue shirt was also part of that group. He was ignored by Maybin after camp (supposedly he told him that he was going to give him his cleats during camp on another day) and other players and left pissed off.

sheesh. forced might be the wrong word, however, let you be the one to tell me how to do my job.

but given that this was the last day of camp, and players generally are eager to get going, i had to stop a player for a story i was working on (the wildcat, which moved today). at that point, Gailey made himself available, and it was important to talk to him, given what had happened.

but obviously, you were there and were aware of who was on the other side of that camera that got the shot of him waving. there were two Bills p.r. officials and one security person. what also pokes a hole in your argument is -- and had you been there, you'd know -- there were far more cameras behind him and to the right of him than there were those in the direction he was waving to.

it's my opinion, as i was there, that he didn't wave to the camera, he was waving at (security/p.r. staff) to ensure nothing happened. but yes, mr. unhappy, you as usual have a tin-ear on this and a nose for negativity, always seeking some type of nefarious agenda.

what's your stance on Christmas by the way?

jw

There's nothing "nefarious" about it--or "negative". It was a savvy move by Gailey--why can't we acknowledge that? I'm hardly the only one who has pointed this out, jw.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, of course.

Christmas is a great time of the year, especially for the kids. No doubt a breaking story on that will move soon.

Well if your instincts are right on, then good for him. It's about time we get a coach who does some planning. But you keep looking for that negative angle. :thumbsup:

As above---I applaud CG for this event. It has had just the right effect on the fan base. Relax.