Bills in Madden 11

jdubs

I apologize if there is already a Bills-Madden 11 thread, I couldn't figure out how to search with the new board :bag:

Overall, I like this Madden but there's a couple things I can't stand. I constantly find Kyle Williams or Troup offsides when the opposing O is in hurry up. Also the game switching my players before the snap is kinda annoying as well. Changing the buttons for the Defensive alignments and coverages was kinda weak. I kinda like the no turbo button, it makes it easier to control the RB I think, and Spiller just is amazing in the game. I'm constantly busting off huge gains with him. Jackson is pretty good in the game too, very hard to bring down. Edwards is surprisingly accurate on most throws. I have Easley as my #4 and he catches everything thrown at him. Too bad the kid is hurt, I was really excited to see him play this season. Plus I'm originally from CT. :D

Feel free to add me on Xbox Live if anyone plays - sevenw0rds (the 0 is a zero). I call dibs on the Bills. :w00t:

Edit: and now I find the search bar. :wallbash:

Edited by jdubs

I am 6-0 with the Bills, pounded the Jets 75-5. I had a stupid play that ended up a safety when I ran out of the back of the end zone Orlovsky (Lions) style.

Didn't like Edwards, have Brohm starting and Fitz on the trading block. Lynch is #1 back, with Jackson #2, and Spiller 3rd down and kick/punt returner. Spiller returned two opening kickoffs for TD's for me already. Easley is #2 receiver with Parrish #1 (Evans hurt). Games fun, I like the no turbo, but sometimes wish I had it when Spiller is in. Lynch is tough to take down. Played Baltimore this morning, and straight up trucked over Lewis and Reed for a touchdown run. Wish that would happen in real life. O-Line is weak though. Lotta sacks. I put Brohm in because he is a better scrambler than Edwards. Fitz is a good scrambler too, but VERY inaccurate.

I apologize if there is already a Bills-Madden 11 thread, I couldn't figure out how to search with the new board :bag:

Overall, I like this Madden but there's a couple things I can't stand. I constantly find Kyle Williams or Troup offsides when the opposing O is in hurry up. Also the game switching my players before the snap is kinda annoying as well. Changing the buttons for the Defensive alignments and coverages was kinda weak. I kinda like the no turbo button, it makes it easier to control the RB I think, and Spiller just is amazing in the game. I'm constantly busting off huge gains with him. Jackson is pretty good in the game too, very hard to bring down. Edwards is surprisingly accurate on most throws. I have Easley as my #4 and he catches everything thrown at him. Too bad the kid is hurt, I was really excited to see him play this season. Plus I'm originally from CT. :D

Feel free to add me on Xbox Live if anyone plays - sevenw0rds (the 0 is a zero). I call dibs on the Bills. :w00t:

Edit: and now I find the search bar. :wallbash:

I wish that the Injured Reserve worked properly so that I could sign another guy to my roster without having to cut someone.

I went 9-7 with the Bills in 2010. Trent Edwards went 5-4, Levi Brown went 4-3. I let Fitzpatrick and Edwards contracts expire, waived Brohm. Brown is the starter. Signed UFA's Josh McCown and Josh Johnson to back them up. Finished 2011 at 11-5, hosting a playoff game against the Patriots.

In 2011 CJ Spiller ran for 1600 yards as the feature back (800 in 2010 in platoon duty).

I drafted Luther Davis and DeVier Posey in the first and second round.

Spiller is a beast in Madden 11. I rushed for 350 yards in one game against the computer. Too easy. I also have about 12 kickoff returns for touchdowns against my friends, using Parrish, more than I had all of last year.

Whoopti freaking do. I've dominated every Madden game since the original John Madden football on All-Madden difficulty, using the default rosters. The AI algorithms are obviously, well algorithms. The computer is predictable to a fault. They have yet to produce an authentically challenging game. The only difference as you raise the difficulty level is the game's propensity to cheat you (i.e. your computer controlled players absolutely blowing coverage, the computer calling more penalties that you have zero control over whatsoever, and an increase in fumbles and ridiculous interceptions etc). Even still, it isn't really much of an accomplishment to go 16-0 or 15-1 on All Madden (and I don't mean by resetting a losing game either). But every year the game does improve so hopefully the game play experience will continue to evolve into a truly authentic football simulation.

Any player who has a. a modicum of football knowledge (knows how to read coverage, knows how to exploit coverage mismatches, understands the dynamics of the game etc) and b. has good eye to hand coordination can post completely unbelievable numbers even on the game's most difficult settings. On a side note, I miss the old QB vision mechanic. Most people I know didn't ever use it but I felt it added a deep dynamic to having skill in the game and in the hands of a great player could be a tremendous advantage. I also felt that it was a fairly accurate simulation of how a QB must operate in a game. But few people had enough mastery of Madden football to be able to utilize it as an advantage rather than a disadvantage. The "hit stick" and "turbo" on the other hand were terrible features - as if players can just flip a switch to deliver harder hits or run faster...lol. It was fun making people fumble the ball 15 times a game though. I guess that part was a guilty pleasure for me.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I'm guessing none of you guys get laid ever.

I am enjoying reading all of those posts, pretending that it'd be like imagining those being real game recaps and actual events...it felt good man.

Than, I get to your post. Made me laugh, thanks for that! I may be doing a lot of that this year when watching games, tissue box in hand.

I am enjoying reading all of those posts, pretending that it'd be like imagining those being real game recaps and actual events...it felt good man.

Than, I get to your post. Made me laugh, thanks for that! I may be doing a lot of that this year when watching games, tissue box in hand.

The evening show is different than the early show, don't forget to tip your waitress and enjoy the veal!

Actually, I do have a question now that I think about it. I just got my brothers Wii. I was thinking about getting Madden 11. The last football game I owned and played was Tecmo Super Bowl. So, I ask... Is Madden 11 any good on a Wii? It is expensive, but heck, it might be worth it. Thoughts?

I signed John henderson, and westbrook, traded lynch for winston justice plus some picks. Winston justic is out for 7 weeks with a pectoral tear, so i traded westbrook for RT khalif barnes and signed Lendale white. Levi Brown was cut, and Patrick You from stanford (another FA) is my starting QB, hell of an arm. CJ SPiller is my starter (hes nasty) and Easely is my #2 WR. Dwan Edwards, Henderson and Stroud are nasty up front.

Whoopti freaking do. I've dominated every Madden game since the original John Madden football on All-Madden difficulty, using the default rosters. The AI algorithms are obviously, well algorithms. The computer is predictable to a fault. They have yet to produce an authentically challenging game. The only difference as you raise the difficulty level is the game's propensity to cheat you (i.e. your computer controlled players absolutely blowing coverage, the computer calling more penalties that you have zero control over whatsoever, and an increase in fumbles and ridiculous interceptions etc). Even still, it isn't really much of an accomplishment to go 16-0 or 15-1 on All Madden (and I don't mean by resetting a losing game either). But every year the game does improve so hopefully the game play experience will continue to evolve into a truly authentic football simulation.

Any player who has a. a modicum of football knowledge (knows how to read coverage, knows how to exploit coverage mismatches, understands the dynamics of the game etc) and b. has good eye to hand coordination can post completely unbelievable numbers even on the game's most difficult settings. On a side note, I miss the old QB vision mechanic. Most people I know didn't ever use it but I felt it added a deep dynamic to having skill in the game and in the hands of a great player could be a tremendous advantage. I also felt that it was a fairly accurate simulation of how a QB must operate in a game. But few people had enough mastery of Madden football to be able to utilize it as an advantage rather than a disadvantage. The "hit stick" and "turbo" on the other hand were terrible features - as if players can just flip a switch to deliver harder hits or run faster...lol. It was fun making people fumble the ball 15 times a game though. I guess that part was a guilty pleasure for me.

Uhh just like with every single other video game beating the computer doesn't mean you are good.

You ain't **** until you take it online.

I purchased the game, for PS3, about a week ago. I have only played three games. I beat the Dolphins (16-0), lost to the Packers (13-7) and beat the Patriots (24-10). I should say, I really don't play any video games, religiously, like I did 6 or 7 years ago. I still buy the game every year (completed only 1 franchise season on the 2010 game), but can't play for hours like I could at one time. I think the games are awesome, but, I don't have as much free time, and I hate having to spend it trying to re-learn how to play the game every year.

Let me ask...when I used Jackson and Lynch as running back, I didn't fare so well. Spiller does great... but I am having a hard time, in general, running the ball. Sometimes, the running back just stands in place for a second, before he moves, and then, get drilled. I am also having a tough time running with the ball, after the catch...if I lean on the directional sticks, the player with the ball just bends down, and runs, kind of slow...what am I doing wrong?

Against the Pats, I had a 57 yard reception, to Lee Evans, and just as he is about to cross the goal line, I had to shake off a tackler...I shake the tackler, but then Evans goes backwards, about 3 yards, and steps out of bounce...very frustrating. Any running advice would be appreciated.

Uhh just like with every single other video game beating the computer doesn't mean you are good.

You ain't **** until you take it online.

I was going to respond to that post, like you. While I have never played on-line, when I was younger (before you could play on line) I used to play with my friends all the time. I remember playing my sister's ex, a big mouth, ex-football player (played at Appalachian State, some semi-pro league in the Carolinas, and some scab NFL football for the Redskins) who ranted and raved one Christmas, how he was going to kick my ass on Madden... he claimed his superior knowledge of football was going to give him the edge...of course, my sister claimed he played the thing morning, noon and night. So, my last day in town, we finally sit down to play. I am the Bills, he is the Chiefs. I lit him up...it was something like 28-0 at half time. I got my first punt return for a td in that game... he made up some bs excuse, why he had to stop playing...we tried it again later the same day, much the same result. He had never played the game against another person... it was pretty freakin' funny at the time...

My first kid is due any day now, so getting laid is well of the agenda...

I am toying with the idea of upgrading my PS2 to either an XBox or PS3. Anyone got advice?

if you are primarily using the system to play games: PS3 by a landslide. the graphics and processor are far superior.

xbox gives you a little more freedom as far as using other media and online features unrelated to gaming (fresh out of the box), but i have my ps3 wirelessly connected to my laptop and desktop and am able to use software that sony won't let you install on the ps3 harddrive to watch tv shows, movies, play music, and basically stream whatever to my tv via my ps3. it takes a little more work to set it up on ps3, but once you got it configured, you're golden. that said, even with out doing anything complicated, ps3 plays many video and audio formats, just not all of them.

edit: oh yeah bluray is a much more valuable feature than hddvd or whatever xbox plays

Edited by uncle flap

I purchased the game, for PS3, about a week ago. I have only played three games. I beat the Dolphins (16-0), lost to the Packers (13-7) and beat the Patriots (24-10). I should say, I really don't play any video games, religiously, like I did 6 or 7 years ago. I still buy the game every year (completed only 1 franchise season on the 2010 game), but can't play for hours like I could at one time. I think the games are awesome, but, I don't have as much free time, and I hate having to spend it trying to re-learn how to play the game every year.

Let me ask...when I used Jackson and Lynch as running back, I didn't fare so well. Spiller does great... but I am having a hard time, in general, running the ball. Sometimes, the running back just stands in place for a second, before he moves, and then, get drilled. I am also having a tough time running with the ball, after the catch...if I lean on the directional sticks, the player with the ball just bends down, and runs, kind of slow...what am I doing wrong?

Against the Pats, I had a 57 yard reception, to Lee Evans, and just as he is about to cross the goal line, I had to shake off a tackler...I shake the tackler, but then Evans goes backwards, about 3 yards, and steps out of bounce...very frustrating. Any running advice would be appreciated.

oh man, where to begin...

running- play calling is as important as execution. if the defense is cheating one way, audible the run to the other side. if the d is stacking the box, audible to a quick pass or a screen. lastly: WAIT FOR YOUR BLOCKS! this is more intuitive now that there is no speed burst. the bills line sucks so try to use our better players to your advantage. run counters and follow levitre or wood. our interior is stronger than the tackles - duh - so call some inside runs and then bounce them outside with spiller. he's fast so once you hit the edge, you're gone.

instead of leaning on the sticks, try flicking them. the running backwards after breaking a tackle just happens sometimes, nothing you can really do except try to roll with it and reverse fields if possible.

and on another note... online play is where it's at. i'm flapezoid on ps3. come get some. also any serious players interested in joining online franchise(s) let me know. there's a fantasy draft this friday with a few spots open.

oh man, where to begin...

running- play calling is as important as execution. if the defense is cheating one way, audible the run to the other side. if the d is stacking the box, audible to a quick pass or a screen. lastly: WAIT FOR YOUR BLOCKS! this is more intuitive now that there is no speed burst. the bills line sucks so try to use our better players to your advantage. run counters and follow levitre or wood. our interior is stronger than the tackles - duh - so call some inside runs and then bounce them outside with spiller. he's fast so once you hit the edge, you're gone.

instead of leaning on the sticks, try flicking them. the running backwards after breaking a tackle just happens sometimes, nothing you can really do except try to roll with it and reverse fields if possible.

and on another note... online play is where it's at. i'm flapezoid on ps3. come get some. also any serious players interested in joining online franchise(s) let me know. there's a fantasy draft this friday with a few spots open.

I'm a big fan of the lead toss pitch and motioning the second TE over to the play side. I'm also a big fan of the Power-O plays and counters. Get those guards'a movin'!

Spiller is definitely a quick one. Looks like Chris Johnson the way he cuts through the hole. I find that once I turn it onto all madden all of the (bills) receivers stop catching the ball. That kind of annoys me. I should try it online.